The Student Room Group

Things for my Law Personal Statement & LNAT

Hey guys, currently writing my Personal Statement for Law, and I'd like to put in a recent case that's been in the news a lot as I've heard a lot of people have done that in the past. I was thinking about writing about James Foley and British ISIS members having their british rights revoked etc.. I'm just having trouble intertwining this into my personal statement for law. If any of you could help I'd be so grateful!
My school aren't offering much help with personal statements, and the teachers don't have a lot of knowledge on doing Law at university, so they don't know what Uni's want in a PS. My main source of inspiration has been online, looking at other people's PS's on sites.
I had to find out for myself I had to do LNAT, so could I also ask how strict uni's are about LNAT? I achieved 4A grades and would like to go to UCL/Kings, but they require LNAT, If I flop LNAT will they completely write me off?

oh god, while I'm at it, I have to choose my subjects for next year tomorrow!
So I've got, Classics, History, Politics and English.. I want to drop English as I've struggled with that a lot this year, but I was wondering if uni's would prefer me to do English rather than say, Classics?

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by ayeshasaurus
Hey guys, currently writing my Personal Statement for Law, and I'd like to put in a recent case that's been in the news a lot as I've heard a lot of people have done that in the past. I was thinking about writing about James Foley and British ISIS members having their british rights revoked etc.. I'm just having trouble intertwining this into my personal statement for law. If any of you could help I'd be so grateful!
My school aren't offering much help with personal statements, and the teachers don't have a lot of knowledge on doing Law at university, so they don't know what Uni's want in a PS. My main source of inspiration has been online, looking at other people's PS's on sites.
I had to find out for myself I had to do LNAT, so could I also ask how strict uni's are about LNAT? I achieved 4A grades and would like to go to UCL/Kings, but they require LNAT, If I flop LNAT will they completely write me off?

Look, it'd be better if you'd look up what unis want in a PS rather than other people's PSs. Also, reading about law or suggested books by unis would help you understand and write about it in a better way. You can put in as many cases as you want but the unis do not want any specific set of knowledge you have, to be in the PS that will be tested by the LNAT itself. Read more about the subject, what unis are looking for, course structure and then write your PS.

How LNAT scores are used varies from uni to uni. So basically it depends on your uni choices. Like most of them have an average of 23-25 like you mentioned UCL/Kings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending