The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty_mad
Got a feeling Campbell will start the City game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Etihad or emirates?
Reply 6881
Original post by liarpoker
Ramsey's form from last year is seeming a little like a false dawn.

Been awful this season. but scoring the late goals masks it.

Because Ramsey was being played as a DM last season and all of a sudden Wenger thinks he's an AM/Lampard 2.0 so pushes him forward

Hardly his fault he's being played in a **** setup and out of position
Are we playing a single midfielder/attacker in their right position?
Original post by Lúcio
This is hilarious.

In all honesty you don't deserve a win anyway; Leicester certainly deserve at least a point.

Also, arsenal injuries lol.

mirin new leaf
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I like you posts Peggles but your conspiracies are getting silly. Arsene is the biggest Arsenal fan in the world, he wants to win the league for Arsenal more than anyone else. Tactics are one thing. But saying that he's avoiding signing key players because he doesn't want expectations to reach new heights is silly.

He has a funny way if showing it!! He's too comfortable in his position. He knows there is no pressure from the board to do more than finish top 4 so he sees no reason to do so. If I could get away with doing the absolute minimum and get £8m at the same time, I would.

He may be "the biggest Arsenal fan in the world" but if that was the case, surely he would acknowledge the problems we have and rectify them? Rather than persisting with Sanogo who is nothing short of terrible. He says he will sign players who are an improvement in what we have, anyone and I mean anyone would be an improvement on Sanogo.

Conspiracy theory perhaps but I just can't deal with this anymore! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very hard to defend Wenger at times like this.
Reply 6886
Is this a blessing in disguise?

Poor performances from CDM (Flamini) and Sanogo (ST) to back up what we've known, we need a new CDM and ST.

The day before the deadline too...
Original post by Arkasia
Somehow, I don't think we are in the same position as you, considering we still manage to win some games.

As for all of these pessimistic people, 3 games is hardly enough to start saying 'we are out of the title race'. We haven't lost any yet, and if you really think these 3 games are enough to tell how teams will end up, then we should congratulate Swansea and Villa for getting Champions League qualification. Utter nonsense that we are out already. Leicester are not an easy team to break down, considering they did well against Everton (and to an extent, Chelsea).

You don't seriously think this team will win the league do you?

I predict a 6th place finish (deadly serious) spurs and everton are stronger than us currently
Original post by manchesterunited15
mirin new leaf

do you see me arguing fagio? :cool:

bit of banter is fine, bit of debate too.
just not having any more childish page long bitch fights.
Original post by baconbutty
You don't seriously think this team will win the league do you?

I predict a 6th place finish (deadly serious) spurs and everton are stronger than us currently

No, but I reckon a third place finish is possible. Chelsea are going to storm the league, City will do what they do, but I think Liverpool will falter, as will Tottenham and Everton. Southampton will probably get 7th, and Utd will get 8th if they get lucky.
Original post by Peggles_*
He has a funny way if showing it!! He's too comfortable in his position. He knows there is no pressure from the board to do more than finish top 4 so he sees no reason to do so. If I could get away with doing the absolute minimum and get £8m at the same time, I would.

He may be "the biggest Arsenal fan in the world" but if that was the case, surely he would acknowledge the problems we have and rectify them? Rather than persisting with Sanogo who is nothing short of terrible. He says he will sign players who are an improvement in what we have, anyone and I mean anyone would be an improvement on Sanogo.

Conspiracy theory perhaps but I just can't deal with this anymore! :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll agree that Wenger is naive with his tactics. I'll agree that he's naive in having too much belief in young/raw players like Sanogo. And I'll agree that he doesn't like spending more money than the value he places on a player. But I don't agree that he's intentionally not signing players because he's 'comfortable in his position'.
alexis and ozil played well today with everyone else mediocre, its usually the other way round. Chance creation was poor apart from a few chips over CBs which came to nothing bar the goal, even our crossing was poor.

Still need a CM more than a Striker for me, even when Sanogo is playing, penetration is incredibly poor most of the time so if Ramsey can venture further forward while a CM holds the fort behind we'll make more chances. Thats only if Wenger decides to drop this dumbass formation which doesn't seem likely now that Ozil is out. Would like to see a 4-3-3 though, it means Jack and Ramsey can play together.
Reply 6892
Original post by Lee95
Is this a blessing in disguise?

Poor performances from CDM (Flamini) and Sanogo (ST) to back up what we've known, we need a new CDM and ST.

The day before the deadline too...

Poor performance from everyone Ffs

Sanchez was half decent at times

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
do you see me arguing fagio? :cool:

bit of banter is fine, bit of debate too.
just not having any more childish page long bitch fights.

Does anyone else wish this bloke could get walloped by a bus or something?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I'll agree that Wenger is naive with his tactics. I'll agree that he's naive in having too much belief in young/raw players like Sanogo. And I'll agree that he doesn't like spending more money than the value he places on a player. But I don't agree that he's intentionally not signing players because he's 'comfortable in his position'.

Then what reason does he see fit not to sign the players we need? Because it is no longer a matter of money, we are rolling in cash!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia
No, but I reckon a third place finish is possible. Chelsea are going to storm the league, City will do what they do, but I think Liverpool will falter, as will Tottenham and Everton. Southampton will probably get 7th, and Utd will get 8th if they get lucky.

Ben pls
You've barely been any better than us, you've got just 3 more points through scraping last minute goals. How does that suggest 3rd for you and 8th "if we're lucky" for us?
Reply 6896

Lol butty you make my day :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's almost like Wenger has packed the squad full of incredible Wingers and Attacking Midfielders to create chances for a striker who doesn't exist. ****ing dire.
Wenger Out!

still trying to think of a reply to my post earlier?

The title challenge is over after 3 games

what a fan.

to put it lightly you are a disease for this arsenal thread.

Latest