The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Nice to see the second coming of our lord and saviour John Arne Riise today. Apparently in this life he has chosen a more Mediterranean look. Still has that great left foot though.
Well done to Liverpool today x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr tim
6 points in the 1st 3 games. The loss was away to Man City. Southampton wasn't a comfortable win. I'll take that. WHL hasn't been our great place to go for a few seasons up until last season.

Moreno and Lovren has been great signings so far. Sterling rightly so MOTM and great to see Enrique back, although it was only for 5 mins - gives us options at LB. Flanagan is also due to return to training during the internationals too.

Sakho was a bit shaky I guess at defence and in the 1st half we could have conceded after the 1st goal. Plus with 3 of the 4 players we signed this summer, and the other one last summer, it's pretty much a new back 4. A clean sheet too with is great.

Great that we have been patient with Moreno, waited and refused to pay the asking price, eventually paying less than our valuation.

Southampton (H)
Man City (A)
Spurs (A)

That's a very tough set of games so 6 points is a very good start. We've ticked off a couple of the hardest games already this season.

September will be interesting - it's the first time we're going into those runs of games (7 in 21 days between the international breaks).
Balotelli + Origi + Sturridge + Sterling= B.O.S. S, lol.
Original post by AngelPhys

You have actually deserved a rep from me.

can honestly say thats the first time i've ever repped angelphys...
Moreno really impressed me today. So positive and energetic. Great three points and clean sheet away from home, but ONCE AGAIN, the international break comes at the wrong time...

Omfg 8 reps! Thanks guys, lol. I honestly thought you all heard of it before lol. I seen it somewhere in Facebook, lol.
Omfg 8 reps! Thanks guys, lol. I honestly thought you all heard of it before lol. I seen it somewhere in Facebook, lol.

Oh.
My mistake, I'll take back my rep then :/
Original post by Lúcio
Oh.
My mistake, I'll take back my rep then :/

Lol, whyyy :frown:, lol. 8 reps = my life is completed, lol.
Original post by Mr Pink
We won't be dropping points today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.
Original post by Mr Pink

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:
Original post by Mr Pink

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Lúcio
you better hope so or i'll be quoting you later :colone:

:awesome:
Reply 1394
Original post by Lúcio
:awesome:

you gotta love arsenal fans, especially after the way they behaved on Monday night. It's so amusing.
Original post by cBay
you gotta love arsenal fans, especially after the way they behaved on Monday night. It's so amusing.

we dropped points to the champions and it was "hilarious".
they dropped points to a promoted side and it was a "tough game anyway".

strong logic.
Original post by Lúcio
we dropped points to the champions and it was "hilarious".
they dropped points to a promoted side and it was a "tough game anyway".

strong logic.

Only person to use the tough game away excuse is Ben but he doesn't even count :smile:

You losing to city wasn't hilarious. The nibbles were

Not as hilarious as us today obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Only person to use the tough game away excuse is Ben but he doesn't even count :smile:

You losing to city wasn't hilarious. The nibbles were

Not as hilarious as us today obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, we all have a funny poster
ours is not me before you say anything; obviously phys :cool:

meh, some fans were decent, bit of banter but they knew and respected that we lost to city.
others just saw a liverpool loss, ignored the opponent and went ham.

tbf, you got lucky with a point and i'm not even joking.
although 5 points from 3 poor performances is a frustratingly good return.
Gotta love Lucas for calling out Indykaila on twitter. Is he actually leaving though?

https://twitter.com/LucasLeiva87/status/506116225273843712
Reply 1399
Original post by sr90
Gotta love Lucas for calling out Indykaila on twitter. Is he actually leaving though?

https://twitter.com/LucasLeiva87/status/506116225273843712

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29005869

Last 30 seconds or so of the interview, he talks about Lucas. He doesn't exactly say he can leave but it sounds that way.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest