The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
Are we playing a single midfielder/attacker in their right position?

Wilshere :sigh:

I really don't know why we didn't go back to a 4-2-3-1 with wilshere not playing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio

just not having any more childish bitch fights.

Original post by Lúcio
still trying to think of a reply to my post earlier?

what a fan.

to put it lightly you are a disease for this arsenal thread.

Nice one Lukey.
Original post by Lee95
Is this a blessing in disguise?

Poor performances from CDM (Flamini) and Sanogo (ST) to back up what we've known, we need a new CDM and ST.

The day before the deadline too...

He is not going to sign anyone. Stop dreaming.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Ben pls
You've barely been any better than us, you've got just 3 more points through scraping last minute goals. How does that suggest 3rd for you and 8th "if we're lucky" for us?

We have been a lot better. A win, and two draws away from home at Leicester and Everton is hardly a sign of failure. Also, you finished 7th and we finished fourth, our team has slightly improved (as has yours), but Van Gaal is screwing you over more than Wenger is with us. Also, MK Dons beat you 4-0, hardly a sign of a Europa League or better team.

(Still, if you get some CBs or change your formation, I can see you picking up 6th.)
Original post by Peggles_*
Then what reason does he see fit not to sign the players we need? Because it is no longer a matter of money, we are rolling in cash!!!

Because there's no value in the market? Possibly
Because he's happy with the way his team's currently performing? Doubt it
Because he believe the players in the squad will eventually start to click (when everyone is fit) and become a force this season? Possibly

He's naive. Having said that, you're going to sign at least one player before the window closes.
Original post by Nichrome
Nice one Lukey.

lel

strong no bitching skills
Wenger of old was an exceptional manager. This version is incompetent. He needs to go. Can't do tactics like at all, and fails continually to address the needs of the club during the transfer market.

Almunia played for years because he couldn't be bothered to replace Lehmann
Gilberto not replace for nearly a decade
RVP not replaced for 3 seasons
Failure to sign inexpensive players which would greatly improve our squad (see Mandzukic)
Refusal to player 1-2 million needed to secure top players (that list is extremely long)
Failure to sort out defensive frailties during set pieces
Failure to sort out recurring injury crisis which happen every single season. Mostly due to a refusal to actually rotate the squad which in turn is due to the squad being so full of players which are not good enough.
Failure to realise that playing players out of position will reduce their performance significantly.
Failure to realise that playing AM who are not pacey on the wing is a stupid idea. See Arshavin, Carzola and not Ozil
Failure to realise 4-1-4-1 works for none of the players in the squad

Wenger out, I'm done. (will retract if issues are actually dealt with seriously over this transfer i.e. buying a top class striker, a strong powerful DM and a backup CD) though I'm not holding my breath
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6907
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Wenger of old was an exceptional manager. This version is incompetent. He needs to go. Can't do tactics like at all, and fails continually to address the needs of the club during the transfer market.

Almunia played for years because he couldn't be bothered to replace Lehmann
Gilberto not replace for nearly a decade
RVP not replaced for 3 seasons
Failure to sign inexpensive players which would greatly improve our squad (see Mandzukic)
Refusal to player 1-2 million needed to secure top players (that list is extremely long)
Failure to sort out defensive frailties during set pieces
Failure to sort out recurring injury crisis which happen every single season. Mostly due to a refusal to actually rotate the squad which in turn is due to the squad being so full of players which are not good enough.

Wenger out, I'm done.

Failure to realise 4-1-4-1 is ****ing **** and so is Cazorla

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia
We have been a lot better. A win, and two draws away from home at Leicester and Everton is hardly a sign of failure. Also, you finished 7th and we finished fourth, our team has slightly improved (as has yours), but Van Gaal is screwing you over more than Wenger is with us. Also, MK Dons beat you 4-0, hardly a sign of a Europa League or better team.

(Still, if you get some CBs or change your formation, I can see you picking up 6th.)

As I said, you've got reasonably good results, but your performances haven't been good at all.
MK Dons is irrelevant, we had two of our first 11 playing. It's embarrassing yes but that's all, it doesn't indicate anything other than our 2nd/3rd team can't play 3-5-2.
We've had a ridiculous number of injuries too.

I agree you'll probably finish above us, but 1 or 2 places not 5.
Original post by AR_95
Failure to realise 4-1-4-1 is ****ing **** and so is Cazorla

Posted from TSR Mobile

Added :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
still trying to think of a reply to my post earlier?

what a fan.

to put it lightly you are a disease for this arsenal thread.

Take it to a pm, rather than clogging threads with your crap. Seriously, it's pissing everyone off because your banter and post quality levels are incredibly low, and it's awful and cringeworthy for everyone to read.

Apologies for the betting tip of 8/11 Arsenal win earlier btw guys. :wink: Leicester impressed me, whilst Arsenal didn't again. Terrible system which is not getting the best out of the quality personnel to his disposal. And get a striker, i'm not sure if Sanogo is even Championship quality. He is a mediocre player, who i'm not getting what Wenger sees in him, as he shows no outstanding attributes or any sign of great potential. Battle for 4th once again which is actually a shame considering because it's getting boring now.
As I said, you've got reasonably good results, but your performances haven't been good at all.
MK Dons is irrelevant, we had two of our first 11 playing. It's embarrassing yes but that's all, it doesn't indicate anything other than our 2nd/3rd team can't play 3-5-2.
We've had a ridiculous number of injuries too.

I agree you'll probably finish above us, but 1 or 2 places not 5.

Fair enough, what about in the league? 2 points in 3 games.

What, so you think perhaps 6th and 4th? (or 7th and 5th?)
Imagine if your first choice striker for the next 3 months is a guy who's never scored a goal for you :coma:
Reply 6913
Imagine if your first choice striker for the next 3 months is a guy who's never scored a goal for you :coma:

Don't have to imagine cause that's the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
we've started on the ad hom already?
are you able to disagree with a person without insulting them?
i'm not really sure my personal circumstances have anything to do with it

that was a pretty desperate reply tbh...

No I will keep insulting you
Original post by Arkasia
Fair enough, what about in the league? 2 points in 3 games.

What, so you think perhaps 6th and 4th? (or 7th and 5th?)

Could easily be just 1 point between us if we got the penalty/penalties we should have yesterday.

I expect you to get 3rd or 4th, us to get 4th or 5th. 6th would be disappointing.
Reply 6916
(edited 9 years ago)
Could easily be just 1 point between us if we got the penalty/penalties we should have yesterday.

I expect you to get 3rd or 4th, us to get 4th or 5th. 6th would be disappointing.

Do you really think 4th is possible for you? That would require beating Everton, Spurs and Liverpool to it?
Original post by baconbutty
I dunno if like himself is worse or this clown who I've only just noticed isn't called sanjeed12 going thread to thread fighting the blokes battles

Id enjoy to give you both an absolute hiding sayin that though

Lol Lukes trolling is terrible I agree, not sure why you are attacking me when I have not said anything against you. You take things too personally...
Original post by AR_95

PRAISE THE ****ING LORD!!!!
yes!!!!

Inb4 it is a CM or winger.

Latest