The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Ha, somebody from my school found me on here when I was in year 11. Small world :tongue:

Anyone from my school could easily find me if they saw my posts. Haven't been on TSR long but surprised it hasn't happened yet. :colondollar:
Original post by Robertus
Anyone from my school could easily find me if they saw my posts. Haven't been on TSR long but surprised it hasn't happened yet. :colondollar:

The person who found me used TSR for one day and then never again :tongue: I really don't like the idea of people finding me on here and reading through my posts, but some of my friends use TSR on a regular basis and I know I'll be discovered again :tongue:
Reply 1482
The person who found me used TSR for one day and then never again :tongue: I really don't like the idea of people finding me on here and reading through my posts, but some of my friends use TSR on a regular basis and I know I'll be discovered again :tongue:

You see. I have no friends. So.... :dontknow:
Original post by 8472
You see. I have no friends. So.... :dontknow:

:console: If you really feel that way, I'll be your friend :smile:
Reply 1484
:console: If you really feel that way, I'll be your friend :smile:

:woo:

I'm sure that there are people out there who are fond of you and who enjoy your company :smile: If there's not, then remember that, assuming that you're going to university in a year's time, your circumstances will be changing drastically and you'll soon be able to meet up with people with the same interests as you. Hopefully you'll get on better with them than you do with the people you currently interact with.

My offer still stands though, if you ever want to chat then drop me a PM :smile:
Original post by TLHroolz
Last year, I had a quadruple free, then further maths last, and school policy means I have to come in at half past 8. We can leave early, but can't come in late... It actually kinda sucked at the start...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to butt in! We aren't allowed to come in late or leave early from school, have to stay all day even if you have 3 free hours 😒😒😒😒
Original post by marykingggggg
Sorry to butt in! We aren't allowed to come in late or leave early from school, have to stay all day even if you have 3 free hours

Somebody else in my boat! (Not that there would be any way for me to get home even if I were able to leave early.)
Original post by CD223
That would be the weirdest introduction to a classmate I have ever experienced hahahah

:lol: I've done it to someone

My offer still stands though, if you ever want to chat then drop me a PM :smile:

Not that you'll reply any time soon :wink:

(Just kidding)
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Not that you'll reply any time soon :wink:

(Just kidding)

I'm the worst :colondollar:

It's not just you, for the record. I have PMs and emails and Facebook messages from over a week ago that I still want to reply to.

I'm just... so bad at interaction :emo:
I'm the worst :colondollar:

It's not just you, for the record. I have PMs and emails and Facebook messages from over a week ago that I still want to reply to.

I'm just... so bad at interaction :emo:

Well tbf, you replied to all mine so :tongue: I think :ninja:

I'm too good at interaction :frown:
Reply 1491
I'm sure that there are people out there who are fond of you and who enjoy your company :smile: If there's not, then remember that, assuming that you're going to university in a year's time, your circumstances will be changing drastically and you'll soon be able to meet up with people with the same interests as you. Hopefully you'll get on better with them than you do with the people you currently interact with.

I'm not going to Uni.

My future lies on the internet and TSR. :indiff:
Hey, I'm new to this thread. *waves*
Well tbf, you replied to all mine so :tongue: I think :ninja:

I'm too good at interaction :frown:

Dude... there is literally a message in my inbox from you that I need to reply to :lol:

Original post by 8472
I'm not going to Uni.

My future lies on the internet and TSR. :indiff:

Okay, that's fine :smile: You'll still meet people as you live your life, and eventually I'm sure you'll find people that you begin to consider as friends.

For the record, I personally make no differentiation between friends that I know outside of the internet, and friends who I speak to purely online. While being able to go out with people and speak in person is nice, 'online friends' can be just as important. They might be available when 'real life' friends are not. There are definitely some things that my 'online friends' know about me that my 'real life' friends do not. Friends are friends :smile:

Original post by MollyMcFly1

Hello! :hi:
Original post by MollyMcFly1

Hellooo, we've already met, but :awesome:

Dude... there is literally a message in my inbox from you that I need to reply to :lol:

Okay, that's fine :smile: You'll still meet people as you live your life, and eventually I'm sure you'll find people that you begin to consider as friends.

For the record, I personally make no differentiation between friends that I know outside of the internet, and friends who I speak to purely online. While being able to go out with people and speak in person is nice, 'online friends' can be just as important. They might be available when 'real life' friends are not. There are definitely some things that my 'online friends' know about me that my 'real life' friends do not. Friends are friends :smile:

Hello! :hi:

Oh lol, says a lot about me too :rofl:

Edit: what tails just said about being available is true! And sometimes you just need a stranger
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1495

I don't have a differentiation either but most people do so I speak of it that way. :yep:
Oh lol, says a lot about me too :rofl:

Edit: what tails just said about being available is true! And sometimes you just need a stranger

Sure, sometimes a stranger, but sometimes a friend that just knows about different aspects of your life to your 'irl' friends. :smile:

Original post by 8472
I don't have a differentiation either but most people do so I speak of it that way. :yep:

Fair enough :smile: I know several people that I've 'met' online that I've then gone on to speak to in person, so for me (and I believe an increasing number of people), that differentiation doesn't really work anyway.
Sure, sometimes a stranger, but sometimes a friend that just knows about different aspects of your life to your 'irl' friends. :smile:

Fair enough :smile: I know several people that I've 'met' online that I've then gone on to speak to in person, so for me (and I believe an increasing number of people), that differentiation doesn't really work anyway.

Yeah that too! Strangers and online friends are different
Hello Year 13 thread :colone:

Original post by 8472
x

I discovered someone from my school on here after they posted a pic of their results day slip on the GCSE chat thread (it had the school logo on there) :tongue:
Reply 1499
Original post by Black Rose
Hello Year 13 thread :colone:

I discovered someone from my school on here after they posted a pic of their results day slip on the GCSE chat thread (it had the school logo on there) :tongue:

Pudding brain! :woo:

I'll PM you.

Latest