The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
Could easily be just 1 point between us if we got the penalty/penalties we should have yesterday.

I expect you to get 3rd or 4th, us to get 4th or 5th. 6th would be disappointing.

united have been unlucky so far tbh.
arsenal have performed just as badly yet are 3 points clear.

i think arsenal will still get 3rd, united 5th with liverpool in 4th.
but that's just my biased view of it i guess.
Wenger losing it in his old age "look we have I find personnel. We work on it. City lost yesterday & they have strikers" THEY WON THE BLUDCLART LEAGUE LAST SEASON YOU DUMMY AND THEY ALSO HAVE NINE THOUSAND STRIKERS WE DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE!!

Jesus save us please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

PRAISE THE ****ING LORD!!!!
yes!!!!

I was watching the interview that quote is misleading he was going on about buying players isn't the answer like 10 seconds before he said that
Reply 6923
Original post by baconbutty
I was watching the interview that quote is misleading he was going on about buying players isn't the answer like 10 seconds before he said that

Nah you're right some dickhead writer from Bleacher report wrote " Wenger confirms pursuit of striker" and I got excited too fast

****ing hate journalists and writers for football they're all a bunch of ****ers
Reply 6924
Original post by Lúcio
Ha! Lol.

Don't copy his style lol
Original post by Arkasia
Do you really think 4th is possible for you? That would require beating Everton, Spurs and Liverpool to it?

Not too worried about Spurs and Everton, Spurs haven't actually been that good this season. Wins against awful teams, then destroyed when they play a good team. Everton haven't been great either, they're level with us right now.

Liverpool yeah, they'll be tricky to get above. But you have to remember we haven't seen Rafael, Shaw, Carrick, Rojo or Blind yet. Di Maria has played one game, his first since the world cup quarter final, Herrera has played one game. We'll improve a lot.

Original post by Lúcio

Yeah I think Arsenal will get 3rd. You're favourites for 4th right now of course, but really we can't say when we've been playing 5 or 6 of our first 11 in our games so far.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Don't have to imagine cause that's the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wenger may deliver
Not too worried about Spurs and Everton, Spurs haven't actually been that good this season. Wins against awful teams, then destroyed when they play a good team. Everton haven't been great either, they're level with us right now.

Liverpool yeah, they'll be tricky to get above. But you have to remember we haven't seen Rafael, Shaw, Carrick, Rojo or Blind yet. Di Maria has played one game, his first since the world cup quarter final, Herrera has played one game. We'll improve a lot.

I have to admit that even though you were ridiculous in your transfer fees, you did choose well. What I have seen from Di Maria and Herrera in Utd shirts makes me nervous, and I can't see you totally flopping. That said, you can have an unbelievable attacking line-up, yet still be undone by terrible, terrible defense (a bit like Arsenal a few years ago).
Original post by AR_95
Don't copy his style lol

sorry, lol!

Yeah I think Arsenal will get 3rd. You're favourites for 4th right now of course, but really we can't say when we've been playing 5 or 6 of our first 11 in our games so far.

3 games in is always a little silly to start calling it.
the transfer window hasn't even closed for christ sake.

every team has had more/less difficult games to begin with too
looking at how difficult our start was, i'm very surprised we're level with city and above arsenal/everton/united
Original post by Arkasia
Do you really think 4th is possible for you? That would require beating Everton, Spurs and Liverpool to it?

I think Spurs and Everton will focus more on the EL, seeing how the EL winner gets a CL place.

Said at the start of the season it's two from United, Arsenal and Liverpool. Nothing i've seen so far has changed that view.
Original post by Lúcio

Yeah I reckon the same. I will probably be totally wrong, but I reckon it will be:

Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs
Utd
Original post by Arkasia
I have to admit that even though you were ridiculous in your transfer fees, you did choose well. What I have seen from Di Maria and Herrera in Utd shirts makes me nervous, and I can't see you totally flopping. That said, you can have an unbelievable attacking line-up, yet still be undone by terrible, terrible defense (a bit like Arsenal a few years ago).

Our defence has been underrated (although it isn't great). A lot of the problem is they have no protection, so a DM will go a long way to fixing that, look at yesterday we had Fletcher pretty much on his own covering the back 3. Not sure Blind is the answer but he may be the best we get for that.
Original post by sr90
I think Spurs and Everton will focus more on the EL, seeing how the EL winner gets a CL place.

Said at the start of the season it's two from United, Arsenal and Liverpool. Nothing i've seen so far has changed that view.

Fair point, although I cannot see Utd being in contention for Champions League. They may have to go through Europa to get it.
Original post by Arkasia
Yeah I reckon the same. I will probably be totally wrong, but I reckon it will be:

Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton
Spurs
Utd

Liverpool top 3. Arsenal 4th/5th, lol.
Original post by sr90

At the expense of 4th? Surely not
Reply 6935
Original post by Peggles_*
Carvalho not in the Sporting squad for the game against Benfica. Make of that what you will.

Edit: was sold a dream!! He starts lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant :/
Our defence has been underrated (although it isn't great). A lot of the problem is they have no protection, so a DM will go a long way to fixing that, look at yesterday we had Fletcher pretty much on his own covering the back 3. Not sure Blind is the answer but he may be the best we get for that.

Blind will be good for you, but not as good as he needs to be, but I think Van Gaal's arrogance is blinding him to the monumental task. 3-5-2 does not work in the Premier League, and nothing in your defense suggests it is about to.
Original post by Arkasia
Inb4 it is a CM or winger.

Inb4 Zigic to score 30 goals for Arsenal this season
Original post by Arkasia
Blind will be good for you, but not as good as he needs to be, but I think Van Gaal's arrogance is blinding him to the monumental task. 3-5-2 does not work in the Premier League, and nothing in your defense suggests it is about to.

There's no reason it can't work in the Premier League, it's not working because our players don't suit it, at least not with our full backs out and no CMs.
At the expense of 4th? Surely not

Nope, in addition to it.

Latest