The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 8472
Pudding brain! :woo:

I'll PM you.

Haha :lol: On both threads, are we? :tongue: (by that I mean the y12 and y13 one :tongue:)

Okay :smile:
Not sure whether to look forwards to going back or not, I wonder how mature the new y12's will be...
Reply 1502
Original post by Black Rose
Haha :lol: On both threads, are we? :tongue: (by that I mean the y12 and y13 one :tongue:)

I'm the YR10/YR11/YR12 and YR13 Threads. :ahee:

Original post by Tibbz2
Not sure whether to look forwards to going back or not, I wonder how mature the new y12's will be...

I'm dreading it. Only thing which may be positive is seeing all the new people on the bus and laughing at how happy they are to start college. That'll soon change. :colone:
With personal statements, do you mention how all the skills you've gained are useful on your degree? Like, if I talk about how something has given me time-management skills, do I go on to say how those time management skills will help me on the course? Or do I just leave it? Because when I had a meeting with my head of sixth form about my ps, he seemed a bit iffy about the bits where I'd done that, but I've heard you need to link everything to your chosen course.
Original post by 8472
I'm the YR10/YR11/YR12 and YR13 Threads. :ahee:

And I have now joined you having posted in this thread :five:
Reply 1505
And I have now joined you having posted in this thread :five:

Spoiler

Original post by Georgiecat
With personal statements, do you mention how all the skills you've gained are useful on your degree? Like, if I talk about how something has given me time-management skills, do I go on to say how those time management skills will help me on the course? Or do I just leave it? Because when I had a meeting with my head of sixth form about my ps, he seemed a bit iffy about the bits where I'd done that, but I've heard you need to link everything to your chosen course.

I wouldn't

They'd have to be stupid to not see the links
Original post by 8472

Spoiler

:lol:

It would be PRSOM though even if you were allowed, I think :tongue:
Reply 1508
:lol:

It would be PRSOM though even if you were allowed, I think :tongue:

Can't even personal rep you. :emo:
Original post by 8472
Can't even personal rep you. :emo:

It's the thought that counts :hugs:
I've knocked my sleeping pattern right out of joint just in time for college tomorrow (not that it wasn't messed up anyway) I'm going to be staggering around like a zombie

Posted from TSR Mobile
ohh gawd i dread it when im reminded about ucas:frown:
EVERYONE HELP ME Pl0x

If you were to compare 'MIT uni' & 'Caltech uni' in America what would their equivalent university be in the UK?
^ would they be oxbridge?
Hey guys some help please. So basically the only Russell group uni that does my course is Durham university, at the queens campus, in Stockton. Does anyone know anything about this campus or Stockton in General, and would you say it's worth moving all the way from London to go there? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jams97
Hey guys some help please. So basically the only Russell group uni that does my course is Durham university, at the queens campus, in Stockton. Does anyone know anything about this campus or Stockton in General, and would you say it's worth moving all the way from London to go there? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to live in Stockton, just 10 minutes down the road from the campus. It'll be a big difference from London, although it depends where in London you're from I suppose. Like much of Teesside it has a bad reputation but to be honest, it really isn't that bad. Sure there are bad parts like in any town, but the campus is on the south side of the river which is the nicer one in my opinion, plus it's quite self contained. Any more questions about the surrounding area I'm happy to answer, hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Kandyan
I used to live in Stockton, just 10 minutes down the road from the campus. It'll be a big difference from London, although it depends where in London you're from I suppose. Like much of Teesside it has a bad reputation but to be honest, it really isn't that bad. Sure there are bad parts like in any town, but the campus is on the south side of the river which is the nicer one in my opinion, plus it's quite self contained. Any more questions about the surrounding area I'm happy to answer, hope that helps :smile:

Thanks, I'm from south London so it's quite rich ( but I'm use to rough areas, all of my family live in sheffield!). I'm worried that I would be too bored. I've only ever lived in london so I don't want TOO much of a culture shock, but I'm willing to adapt. Is there a lot to do in Stockton? Sorry for too many questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1516
Original post by blamethenargles
I've knocked my sleeping pattern right out of joint just in time for college tomorrow (not that it wasn't messed up anyway) I'm going to be staggering around like a zombie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a.good day. :yep:
Original post by 8472
Have a.good day. :yep:

Thanks!!!^_^
I feel like death hooray

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jams97
Thanks, I'm from south London so it's quite rich ( but I'm use to rough areas, all of my family live in sheffield!). I'm worried that I would be too bored. I've only ever lived in london so I don't want TOO much of a culture shock, but I'm willing to adapt. Is there a lot to do in Stockton? Sorry for too many questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll be a big change from London mainly for the size aspect, if nothing else. It is a bit rough, but only in certain areas and the part where the campus is based definitely isn't one of them. As for things to do, it's no cultural hotspot but for nights out all of Teesside is pretty good, plus if you like water sports then you're in the right place. My advice would simply be to have a lookaround the campus and surrounding area and then make your mind up :smile:
Year 13.. So much to do, so little time! Out of curiousity which Uni's are you all applying to?

Latest