The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .snowflake.
i don't have PTSD myself, but don't they generally lump that in with anxiety disorders?

I'm not sure, which doesn't help as I have a lot of anxiety as it is due to my NVLD and autism xx
I may have a date this week :eek: help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hellokittymad
I'm not sure, which doesn't help as I have a lot of anxiety as it is due to my NVLD and autism xx

I know for anxiety you might be given a dictaphone to record lectures with and things like that. I've not applied for DSA.
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go you! :biggrin: :woo: :hugs:
Ooh sounds fun! Glad you're coping!
Meh UCAS hasn't done anything I'm just stressed about applying haha
i have a question...do you think it would be reasonable for the university to provide me with sensory breaks if i get overwhelmed or over anxious? I wouldn't use it as a excuse to get out the class / lecture but i need sensory breaks due to adhd and asd otherwise i struggle a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooo! That'll be fun!
:frown: Hate it when mood suddenly drops.
Hopefully dinner + Doctor Who will help
(Will reply to folks later tonight :redface:)
i have a question...do you think it would be reasonable for the university to provide me with sensory breaks if i get overwhelmed or over anxious? I wouldn't use it as a excuse to get out the class / lecture but i need sensory breaks due to adhd and asd otherwise i struggle a lot

My lecturer gave me permission to leave the lecture if needed, for like 5 mins or so to gather my self.
She also gave me permission to leave at the break if things were too much.

But i guess it depends on the lecturer or the course?
I was lucky cos we very rarely did much after the break, it was more bringing personal things in to the lecture notes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
My lecturer gave me permission to leave the lecture if needed, for like 5 mins or so to gather my self.
She also gave me permission to leave at the break if things were too much.

But i guess it depends on the lecturer or the course?
I was lucky cos we very rarely did much after the break, it was more bringing personal things in to the lecture notes...

Posted from TSR Mobile

they've put it on my plp but i dont know what it actually says as ive not recieved it yet...I want to take something that calms me to class, it's a bracelet with crystals on it but i dont know if it would be allowed xx
Someone who i havnt ever got on with has upset my mum even more and im so bloody angry :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone who i havnt ever got on with has upset my mum even more and im so bloody angry :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:grouphugs::grouphugs:
Do any of you have days where you just feel really off and you have no idea why? Makes it a hundred times worse since it's my nan's birthday and I've been trying really hard to stay positive for her. :/
Eugh I hate it when I am away from my laptop for a weekend so I can't reply to all the posts I want to. :hugs: to everyone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woooo go you! :smile:

Original post by Star-girl
Thank you very much and I will do! :hugs:

:smile: :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth

Yeah, it can be upsetting when it seems like everyone else has someone but try not to stress too much because I'm sure eventually you'll have that too. Maybe try to focus on what's good about being single?

I'm not too bad thanks. Missed the bus home (damn thing was 5 minutes early) so I had to walk but it gave me time to think and stuff which actually made me feel better about myself somehow so it all worked out in the end. :tongue:

I know, I know haha. Still doesn't help when certain things remind you though. But yes you are right. I have been able to do a lot more stuff recently than when I was with my ex so :smile:.

Sounds good anyway :smile:. Hope you had a good weekend too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! :h:
Original post by tasha96
Go you! :biggrin: :woo: :hugs:

Read how things imrpoved for you, really happy! Hopefully the commuting doesn't get to annoying. (I usually slept half Saturday and thus revising suffered...but it is definitely doable, so no worry.)

Yeah, usually they don't bother, if you have a reason for it. But talking to the lecturers would be good and ideally maybe trying to get breaks when it is not that bad. A lecturer who does not know, why you leave, thinks it is because of him/her, so definitely mention it.

Original post by purple-duck
:frown: Hate it when mood suddenly drops.
Hopefully dinner + Doctor Who will help
(Will reply to folks later tonight :redface:)

Yeah, dinner is great. (I ate so much, I will just fall straight into bed. :smile: )
So finally get home to find my mother has taken the opportunity to completely reorganise my room. Not even the retwnce of tidying it or similar. I can't find anything and suddenly have a pyjama drawer where I used to keep documents... She also, ever so helpfully, placed all the items she disapproves of in the middle of my bed. I'm going to be a mature sensible adult and ignore the complete invasion of my privacy. Four weeks til I go back to uni, if I ever doubt that I am better away from home I think it will be this moment that reassures me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nathanielle

Yeah, dinner is great. (I ate so much, I will just fall straight into bed. :smile: )

is it bad i have to be reminded that i DO need to eat?
Reply 2038

Hah you just reminded me too! Only had coffee and a packet of crisps today :redface:

It is not bad, but yeah, we need to eat and it is important to do it regularly, but don't think too much of it, just try. It is like with sleep, regularity is crucial.

Oh, my PandaWho, ... Huggy! Sadly I can't bring you some of my dinner, that would spare you the time to cook.

Latest