The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Changing Skies
David is also very sexy :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:
Original post by Unibuster325
I just found his Doctor too serious and I didn't feel there was enough comedy. Although I enjoyed him more at the time.

There was a cynical humour to him. hadn't he just come out of the time war? He was a warrior Dr, and that season was about Rose's influence changing him imo.
Original post by KingStannis
There was a cynical humour to him. hadn't he just come out of the time war? He was a warrior Dr, and that season was about Rose's influence changing him imo.

I know but I just found him a bit too serious in the role. It was both written and played too straight and the comedy moments felt too forced in my opinion.
Original post by JayJay-C19
I would disagree with the character. I never got the impression that was MEANT to change.

No homo is really not necessary. No one thinks you're homosexual for merely stating another male is blatantly attractive which he is - full homo.

Well, the character is either meant to change, or every Dr Who apart from the first one is surely getting it wrong, no? I find it hard to believe the character arcs we've seen through the modern series has all just been mistake after mistake, and that Matt Smith, Tennent and Eccleston should all be the same character...
I know but I just found him a bit too serious in the role. It was both written and played too straight and the comedy moments felt too forced in my opinion.

Fair enough but i enjoyed it.
Original post by JayJay-C19
I would disagree with the character. I never got the impression that was MEANT to change.

Canon is that each regeneration has it's own foibles, it's quirks and habits that are unique to that life. His underlying personality is still the same, but what they express is different from regeneration to regeneration.
Reply 3666
Original post by Black Rose
Haha okay I believe you :yes: You should have seen my reaction to another user who forgot :rofl: You got off easy :wink:

It was :awesome: I like these darker episodes, one of the best in a long time :yes: Into the Dalek Vs Deep Breath? :smile:

I need to see your sig! Where are the gifs? :gah: You should totally get that, that slap :rofl:

I'm sure we'll see more of her :yep: She reminds me of River Song ..

I don't think you used enough smileys in your post. :no:

I'm not sure i'm looking forward to next week's episode. I don't usually enjoy the old timey ones.
Original post by 8472
I don't think you used enough smileys in your post. :no:

I'm not sure i'm looking forward to next week's episode. I don't usually enjoy the old timey ones.

How many smileys should I have used? :emo:

I am :biggrin: I like history :ahee:

I quoted you :tongue:
Reply 3668
How many smileys should I have used? :emo:

I am :biggrin: I like history :ahee:

I quoted you :tongue:

:colonhash: Less

Shouldn't you get on with that essay you have then? :wink:

I just find the episodes set in olden times to be less exciting.
Original post by 8472
:colonhash: Less

Shouldn't you get on with that essay you have then? :wink:

I just find the episodes set in olden times to be less exciting.

You don't like the emoticons :bawling:

It's not really anything to do with history though..

I can see what you mean, Victorian times weren't that exciting though that may be because it's been visited many times :tongue:
Reply 3670
You don't like the emoticons :bawling:

It's not really anything to do with history though..

I can see what you mean, Victorian times weren't that exciting though that may be because it's been visited many times :tongue:

I didn't say I don't like them. :frown: With Caitlin I did whole songs in smileys. :tongue:

Someone understands what i'm saying? :eek:

Spoiler

Haha okay I believe you :yes: You should have seen my reaction to another user who forgot :rofl: You got off easy :wink:

It was :awesome: I like these darker episodes, one of the best in a long time :yes: Into the Dalek Vs Deep Breath? :smile:

I need to see your sig! Where are the gifs? :gah: You should totally get that, that slap :rofl:

I'm sure we'll see more of her :yep: She reminds me of River Song ..

:tongue:hew: sos for the late reply! i went to eat! see! today i held off eating so i could watch doctor who! (i hope im forgiven now! :colondollar:)

oh dear!!!!! have they learned their lesson? :s-smilie:

yeah!!! the whole inside the dalek is such a dark concept in itself! ive never actually imagined that! i always assumed it was like an armour for it!

hmm! deffo into the dalek! i liked the whole concept of a good dalek! its odd! and when it said its founf the truth! :rofl: its seemed like such a delicate creature! i drew fond of rusty! :daydreaming:

i did really like deep breath! it really opened up the whole character of the doctor!!! :biggrin: im sooo loving Capaldi! he is soo not a disappointment! :woo:

ahhaha!!!! my sig lool!!! i really want that gif! :colonhash: someone make it please! :gah:

she does remind me of river!!!! i really wanna know who she is!!! :holmes:

i like her character but soo mysterious!!!!
I just found his Doctor too serious and I didn't feel there was enough comedy. Although I enjoyed him more at the time.

Genuinely I think his is the funniest since the reboot. Deadpan done to perfection.
Original post by St. Brynjar
Genuinely I think his is the funniest since the reboot. Deadpan done to perfection.

I agree I thought he was the funniest, but David Tennant remains in my heart.
I completely adored that man.
I liked Capaldi more in that episode and the storyline was good.
Was everyone else watching a different episode? I found the latest one dull and clichéd - how many last stands are there going to be? Additionally I didn't care about the Dalek attacking the humans because you didn't care about the boss (I think they shoehorned in the fact that he was an Uncle to try and generate sympathy for him potentially dying) - compare this to Ross is the Sontartan attack, you felt something with his death.
The Dr doesn't seem that concerned about deaths either.
Original post by KingStannis
The Dr doesn't seem that concerned about deaths either.

I agree. I have a feeling that this Heaven stuff might link to this. A collection of all the people who have died through the Doctor's actions.
Original post by Yoghurt
I agree. I have a feeling that this Heaven stuff might link to this. A collection of all the people who have died through the Doctor's actions.

Good idea! The thing the monsters always do to the Dr is try to expose his guilt about how many people have died because of him.
I have a theory - more of an instinct, that Missy is going to be (or at the very least have something to do with) River Song, that heaven is some version of the computer that she is "saved into"

Thats my instinct, could be totally wrong, any advances?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending