The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Because Wenger is a stubborn maaaan

Lol, that's a nicer way of putting it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7021
Original post by Peggles_*

Falcao to united when they don't even need him. I'm crying real tears.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Falcao to united when they don't even need him. I'm crying real tears.

A team with no CL can go and get arguably one of the beat strikers in the world and we are here struggling with two French **** who can barely kick straight! What?! My head hurts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
A team with no CL can go and get arguably one of the beat strikers in the world and we are here struggling with two French **** who can barely kick straight?! What?! My head hurts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's how you can tell a big club. If we had no CL who would be coming to us? No superstar I'm afraid. I've ,****ing given up, I have no blooming hope for today. I'm so ****ing pissed off it's unreal.
Lol at this turmoil. Every single season.
Calm the **** down guys. They don't need him and won't get top 4 anyway.

They're going to have to get these guys to gel mid season, no pre season for quite a few players and playing an unfamiliar system. Arsenal can still get results with the squad that they have, the likes of Ramsey and Sanchez can get goals until Jan and Walcott will be back at some point before Giroud comes back. You will have goal sources. It's all up to whether Wilshere can find form and whether a bugs life can find form.
just love scrolling down the sky sports news transfer page at work, and not seeing arsenal mentioned at all..

Today is going to be bad...
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
That's how you can tell a big club. If we had no CL who would be coming to us? No superstar I'm afraid. I've ,****ing given up, I have no blooming hope for today. I'm so ****ing pissed off it's unreal.

Arsene is in Italy for some charity match! Arsene probably had no interest in him anyway because he's a the typical OAP who cannot believe how much things cost now! I was hoping to wake up to good news but now I just want to go back to bed forever! :sad: If we don't sign anyone, I will be pissed off initially but vindicated in my position and assessment of AW.

I'd just like to let the pree-ers we have lurking in the shadows, I have been anti Wenger for quite some time, possibly 3 years. Winning the FA Cup did not change that nor did signing Sanchez. Just thought I'd put that out there before the inevitable meltdown at 11.01pm!!

I fully expect the AKBs to defend him blindly despite the fact that he's ignored the fact we've needed a ST and DM for the last 4-5 windows, that's neglect. If Arsenal was his child he'd be arrested for neglect. STOP NEGLECTING THE TEAM ARSENE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7029
Original post by fallen_acorns
just love scrolling down the sky sports news transfer page at work, and not seeing arsenal mentioned at all..

Today is going to be bad...

We're linked to some unknown south american called Carlos Bacca who plays for Sevilla

ffs
Original post by jam278

They're going to have to get these guys to gel mid season, no pre season for quite a few players and playing an unfamiliar system. Arsenal can still get results with the squad that they have, the likes of Ramsey and Sanchez can get goals until Jan and Walcott will be back at some point before Giroud comes back. You will have goal sources. It's all up to whether Wilshere can find form and whether a bugs life can find form.

Not anoyed because they need..

Im annoyed because we need him :redface:

+ Your right, arsenal can still get the results for top4 with the team we have, especially if walcott hits the ground running..

But this was meant to be our year for wenger to push on and keep winning things.. I heard turning point, new start, new era, being able to compete finanicially, etc. etc.

All looking like bull**** at the moment to be honest..
Original post by jam278
Lol at this turmoil. Every single season.

Exactly. :colonhash:
You think we're not getting tired of the same old crap too?

Must be so satisfying for you lots init? Needed a striker then got 2. Also threw in Fabregas. Simple. Easy. Done.
Original post by jam278

Please just stop this rubbish, you know it's a lie. We want to do more than just finish 4th, but Arsene would rather do the absolute minimum and collect his £8m cheque for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
We're linked to some unknown south american called Carlos Bacca who plays for Sevilla

ffs

On wikipedia he seems to have a passable scoring rate, nearly 1 in 2.. and id take him over nothing.. but - jeeze wenger, give us a little more.
If Wenger doesn't sign anybody today, Arsenal WILL finish 4rth (again) - 3rd will be a bonus (unrealistic).
Original post by AR_95

ffs

He's a CB! Will he get us 30 goals a season?!

Edit: my bad he's not, he's a ST, but who is he and why are we so last minute about everything?!

Arsene is at Heathrow.....on his way to a charity match for those who care!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Arsene is in Italy for some charity match! Arsene probably had no interest in him anyway because he's a the typical OAP who cannot believe how much things cost now! I was hoping to wake up to good news but now I just want to go back to bed forever! :sad: If we don't sign anyone, I will be pissed off initially but vindicated in my position and assessment of AW.

I'd just like to let the pree-ers we have lurking in the shadows, I have been anti Wenger for quite some time, possibly 3 years. Winning the FA Cup did not change that nor did signing Sanchez. Just thought I'd put that out there before the inevitable meltdown at 11.01pm!!

I fully expect the AKBs to defend him blindly despite the fact that he's ignored the fact we've needed a ST and DM for the last 4-5 windows, that's neglect. If Arsenal was his child he'd be arrested for neglect. STOP NEGLECTING THE TEAM ARSENE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that Pegs. Made me feel a thousand times worse, what do you mean he's in a charity match in Italy? :frown: :frown: The stupid old man!!
Please just stop this rubbish, you know it's a lie. We want to do more than just finish 4th, but Arsene would rather do the absolute minimum and collect his £8m cheque for it

He's speaking a lot of sense tbh. Regardless of how good the team looks on paper it's not going to click instantly.

The worrying thing is that there have been a lot of rumours about RVP needing an operation, maybe this signing is to do with that. However I do find it hilarious how everyone thought no top players would want to join us this summer, yet we've signed Falcao and Di Maria. Why can't we have the same urgency with signing a top class CB?
Original post by AR_95
Bony is what has made them a better team IMO, Michu gets all the praise unfairly.

Decent target man tbh and stats wise he's very similar to Remy and Lukaku (albeit not playing style though)

Arsene likes his big target men but won't like his 20m tag
Posted from TSR Mobile

Seeing as Michu hasn't played for over a season for us really, i don't really understand your point. Michu was terrible all last season and glad to see the back of him to Napoli as he was arrogant and sulky. Bony got a lot of plaudits at the end of last season deservedly so after pulling some excellent form together. Before that he was seen as a bit of a flop for his price, because he simply wasn't good enough when he first joined.

Bony isn't a big upgrade on Giroud. He's prone to missing chances (should have had a few already this season), but his physicality and power cause most teams problems.

Swansea are not too dissimilar to Liverpool imo anyway, they're a team and it shows. So far this season, no weak points, but Amat, Rangel and to an extent Taylor look shaky defensively. Ki is fantastic, but when he is pressured he struggles. Sigurdsson is the perfect player for Swansea's system and thrives in the attacking midfield role, whilst Dyer/Routledge and from what i have seen of Montero are fantastic counter attacking players who have forget good understandings with Bony. You see quite a lot of similarities when both teams play. I'd be interested to see Swansea attempt the diamond at some point tbh, got the players for it :teeth: And it's a way to get Bony and Gomis playing together with Sigurdsson behind :coma:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7039
He's a CB! Will he get us 30 goals a season?!

Edit: my bad he's not, but with that goals-games ratio he might as well be!!

Arsene is at Heathrow.....on his way to a charity match for those who care!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure he's a striker.

I just refuse to believe he's going to a ****ing charity match. Hope it was some smokescreen for Pogba + Vidal + Tevez + Higuain fingers crossed

Latest