The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kandyan
It'll be a big change from London mainly for the size aspect, if nothing else. It is a bit rough, but only in certain areas and the part where the campus is based definitely isn't one of them. As for things to do, it's no cultural hotspot but for nights out all of Teesside is pretty good, plus if you like water sports then you're in the right place. My advice would simply be to have a lookaround the campus and surrounding area and then make your mind up :smile:

Thank you! Not sure if I'll get to go to the campus open day, may have to go for a tour :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PapaTotoro
Year 13.. So much to do, so little time! Out of curiousity which Uni's are you all applying to?

Manchester,Durham,Leeds,York and somewhere else ( maybe Oxford) for music :smile:. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cammybl
Manchester,Durham,Leeds,York and somewhere else ( maybe Oxford) for music :smile:. You?

The course i am looking at is only offered at a very small number of universities. (Architecture and structural enginnering) -
Sheffield is the big one but i am looking at Edinburugh too.

I have to start looking at one or the other i think.. need a plan B!

What course are you applying for?
Year 13.. So much to do, so little time! Out of curiousity which Uni's are you all applying to?

Ahhh! I want to do English lit with Arabic module
universities: Surrey, Queens, Kings not sure where else yet :/
yourself?
Original post by Teuta.H
Ahhh! I want to do English lit with Arabic module
universities: Surrey, Queens, Kings not sure where else yet :/
yourself?

Check the post above yours :tongue:
Check the post above yours :tongue:

Haha oops :colondollar:
yes your course sounds really interesting! What grades do you need for it
Original post by Teuta.H
Haha oops :colondollar:
yes your course sounds really interesting! What grades do you need for it

Haha! Monday mornings eyy?
Thanks! Need AAA (For Sheffield and Edinburgh)

How about you? What grades do you need?
Haha! Monday mornings eyy?
Thanks! Need AAA (For Sheffield and Edinburgh)

How about you? What grades do you need?

Tbh I've lost track of the days
and same with me AAA but I'm applying to all the London Universities or the ones in Surrey. Ah I start A2 tomorrow how about you
Original post by Teuta.H
Tbh I've lost track of the days
and same with me AAA but I'm applying to all the London Universities or the ones in Surrey. Ah I start A2 tomorrow how about you

Nice! What subjects are you taking this year?
I started looking at the calendar as i realised i go back on Wednesday -_- dreading it...
Nice! What subjects are you taking this year?
I started looking at the calendar as i realised i go back on Wednesday -_- dreading it...

English lit, history and economics
you?
The course i am looking at is only offered at a very small number of universities. (Architecture and structural enginnering) -
Sheffield is the big one but i am looking at Edinburugh too.

I have to start looking at one or the other i think.. need a plan B!

What course are you applying for?

Music :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teuta.H
English lit, history and economics
you?

I expected a language as you're doing an arabic module?

Art, Photography (doing AS this year), Maths and Physics..
A very eclectic mix! :cool:
Original post by Cammybl
Music :smile:

You did say.. Sorry! Which instrument do you play?
I expected a language as you're doing an arabic module?

Art, Photography (doing AS this year), Maths and Physics..
A very eclectic mix! :cool:

No, I did Arabic for GCSE. When you do a module at uni you decide which level you want to enter so I'm going to enter beginners level which require no prior knowledge of the language or level 2 etc

yes is it hard having to do another AS or will it be easy, I want to try and do one
You guys post a lot! :eek: But anyways, I'm taking a gap year and resitting a few modules so thought I'd join you all :wavey:
You did say.. Sorry! Which instrument do you play?

It's ok! I think we're all out sync from the holidays ( god help us on Wednesday xD). I play jazz piano, 'classical' piano, trumpet and I do a bit of composition as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
You guys post a lot! :eek: But anyways, I'm taking a gap year and resitting a few modules so thought I'd join you all :wavey:

Woaaaah, really?

What you redoing?
Original post by Teuta.H
No, I did Arabic for GCSE. When you do a module at uni you decide which level you want to enter so I'm going to enter beginners level which require no prior knowledge of the language or level 2 etc

yes is it hard having to do another AS or will it be easy, I want to try and do one

Huh, i didn't realise!

I'm not sure but photography seems to be very similar to art so i thought i would do it alongside my art A2 work.
I was going to go for Further Maths but it would be hard to juggle that alongside the other subjects.

Depends on the subject you take really, (or so my theory goes...)
Which subject were you thinking of taking up?
Original post by Cammybl
It's ok! I think we're all out sync from the holidays ( god help us on Wednesday xD). I play jazz piano, 'classical' piano, trumpet and I do a bit of composition as well :smile:

Amen to that! Wow your music game is on point! Do you need to be a certain grade on each instrument to study music at un?

Chemistry at Manchester, UCL and then some combination of Sheffield, York, Durham, Birmingham, York, Nottingham, Bristol, Southampton and Oxford.

Latest