The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
Is there another doctor you can go see in the meantime? I completely understand why you're worried about this, but there'll be a solution. :hugs:

they won't let me see another doctor because of my autism and i don't like new people they said they'd rather me see the same doctor so they already know the information or background on me as i'm quite a complex person, they will not let me see another doctor. *hides*
[QUOTE=purple-duck;49998591

Yeah :redface:
I'll see what GP says, I think I'd only go on any if I was told to/recommended.

Oo I was thinking of the ones at bristol zoo, yes! :smile: When we were younger we used to walk past the zoo from nursery/reception, and apparently we had a year pass and went in each day for a bit :colondollar: That'd be awesome though :biggrin:
:eek: Sundae's always look so awesome!
Ah yeah :redface: We went on a walk round a (small :colondollar:) bit of windermere :smile: Didn't see Keswick! Apparently it's really nice though
oo we saw a tour boat thing when we went :biggrin:

Yeah, inwent on meds due to being suggested to by my dr :yep:

Wow im SO jealous, i love zoos. The one by my mums does entry by donation over winter, so its really cheap :biggrin: i love it.
These ones are MASSIVE because they dont buy the icecream in, so for like £5 you get 3 massive scoops of whatever flavour you want(its more like 2 scoops of each flavour!!), so i tend to go for 3 different flavours, then i tend to get chocolate sauce, flake and cream i think. Its amazing!

Yeah windermere is MASSIVE though remember that it isnt a lake :yep: the town is just very touristy! Keswick is really quaint, but nice :smile:
Yeah they do loads of different boats and stuff, its amazing, were going on the island tour, cos theres loads of islands in windermere! Atleast 1 has a house on it! Its mad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hellokittymad
they won't let me see another doctor because of my autism and i don't like new people they said they'd rather me see the same doctor so they already know the information or background on me as i'm quite a complex person, they will not let me see another doctor. *hides*

That really isn't right - they want you to see the same person, but that person's refusing you treatment?! Maybe try looking into getting yourself a mental health advocate who can fight for treatment on your behalf, because you really shouldn't be going through this ****! :console:

I'm going out now, but if you reply later I can tell you a bit more about getting and having an advocate if you're interested - I researched into it for my partner a couple of years ago. :smile:
:teeth: Boy or girl?

Spoiler

Awesome, which college is it - Telford, or one of the unis? Good luck for that interview! :hugs:

:console: I'd definitely talk about it with them - fortune favours the brave! :horse:

I know how it is - my first doctor was horrible. :frown: But the majority of my (many) GPs have been lovely, and have totally made up for her being an *insert expletive* from hell. :tongue: Remember this is something you have to do for you, and you don't need anyone else's approval, so go see another GP and prove the old one was just as **** as we think they were!

I can understand if she didn't want to start prescribing you new medication, but to not even want to see you to keep an eye on you is disgraceful!

In that case, have some more! :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug: You seem totally lovely, and I think it's great that you're starting to take charge of your life like this - keep on like that and you'll go far! :biggrin:

Girl :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
wish i'd given up years ago
That really isn't right - they want you to see the same person, but that person's refusing you treatment?! Maybe try looking into getting yourself a mental health advocate who can fight for treatment on your behalf, because you really shouldn't be going through this ****! :console:

I'm going out now, but if you reply later I can tell you a bit more about getting and having an advocate if you're interested - I researched into it for my partner a couple of years ago. :smile:

can I hide in here unitl I need to go to the gym? I'm frightened and theirs a lot of noise in my head.. thank you for being so nice xx

Spoiler

Yeah, plus others. Had the sense to place certain newly acquired things with trampoline stuff so they were overlooked :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Yeah, plus others. Had the sense to place certain newly acquired things with trampoline stuff so they were overlooked :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2108
Original post by ScaryScience
wish i'd given up years ago

:colonhash:
Original post by samba
:colonhash:

true
Reply 2110
Original post by ScaryScience
true

Bad. :lovehug:
Original post by bubble999
Sorry, been in the peak district, so had limit service there :tongue:

Omg, you're a cat? :gah: I will always be here... unless I have bad internet :lol: :hugs:

Wow that's...peak ...:getmecoat:

Pfft dragon more like :u: N'awww, as will I for you :tongue: :hugs:

Awesome, which college is it - Telford, or one of the unis? Good luck for that interview! :hugs:

Edinburgh College, Milton Campus. I'm trying for an HND, which can eventually lead to a degree, so hopefully it'd be good for me. Thanks :smile:
22/23 days till Uni...getting nervy in all honesty :O $
Had a dream about E last night :cry2:

On the plus side MY SISTER IS BACK :party: Only for 9 days :sad: But I'm so happy to see her :love:

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Been doing a very last minute application for college this year. And yes, it's in Edinburgh where my boyfriend lives. The course I've chosen sounds pretty good though, and leads to jobs I'd be interested in so hopefully it'd be good for me. Have an interview for it this week, so hopefully all goes well and I'll be there studying next week, fingers crossed :smile:. Kinda nervous and excited about the thought of returning to education. Will hopefully stay in halls and get that social life I've been dreaming of :biggrin:. I've been starting to have more of an idea of what I'd like to do career-wise, although still nervous that I may fail, but I guess all I can do is hope and try. And I won't let depression get me down this time :yep:

Very proud of you for taking this big step hun :yep:

Original post by Odd socks
I may have a date this week :eek: help

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ahee:

Original post by hellokittymad
i have a question...do you think it would be reasonable for the university to provide me with sensory breaks if i get overwhelmed or over anxious? I wouldn't use it as a excuse to get out the class / lecture but i need sensory breaks due to adhd and asd otherwise i struggle a lot

Do you mean for exams? Not sure what your uni's policy is but at Oxford you can get rest breaks if a doctor insists upon it and you have a good reason for it. Has to be approved by 'the powers that be' and all, but generally straightforward :yes:

Original post by Valvopus
So finally get home to find my mother has taken the opportunity to completely reorganise my room. Not even the retwnce of tidying it or similar. I can't find anything and suddenly have a pyjama drawer where I used to keep documents... She also, ever so helpfully, placed all the items she disapproves of in the middle of my bed. I'm going to be a mature sensible adult and ignore the complete invasion of my privacy. Four weeks til I go back to uni, if I ever doubt that I am better away from home I think it will be this moment that reassures me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek4:

Even my dad doesn't go looking through/rearranging my private drawers :s-smilie: Think you need to have a word with your mother about it tbh - tiz really not on!!! :mad:

Original post by k_slatch
Hey guys! :biggrin:

I've struggled with mental health issues for a few years and am now going into Year 13.
Should I mention them on my UCAS (ie in the disability box)?
It has made things a lot harder especially around exam time but it doesn't show because I got 10 A*s at GCSE and 5 As this year. Wanting to apply to Cambridge, Bath, UCL, Edinburgh and Manchester.
Is it worth mentioning anywhere? I'd ask my tutor to put it in the reference, but only one teacher knows and I'd rather the rest didn't.

I would 100% recommend ticking the box if you have evidence (which you've said you have). Especially because you are applying to Cambridge and it's not wise to try a Cambridge degree without the proper help in place. It will make your life much easier if you declare it :yes:

Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
I could really do with some help if someone is willing to read this.

I go to University on the 13th of September and am incredibly nervous about it. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 2011 and was suffering from it for about 2 years before it was diagnosed. In that period of time I have literally lost all my friends and basically live the life of a recluse. I had a job for a year last year but ended up relapsing three times due to the stress, but during one of my better periods I thought I could handle university and so applied and got 3 unconditional offers. Now though I feel very apprehensive about the whole thing and I'm not sure how I will cope.

I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't make that many (if any) friends while I'm in halls and I'm OK with that but I'm still really nervous about the whole thing. The course I'm doing is something I've wanted to do for years but never felt like I had the chance. Now I don't want to relapse again because of the pressure so I'm concerned about what I'm going to do. Has anyone got any advice for me at all?

Hi! I see you've already had some good advice and got DSA in place - that's great! If this course is something you're passionate about - and it sounds like you are?! - then do give it a go.

Also what Panda said about how few people come to uni with any friendships established there is very true! :yep:
i do not think i want to bother anymore about seeing mental health professionals, they just cause anxiety and stress which is not helpful and they don't seem to care anymore...my social worker is not answering her phone, but, i need to talk to someone
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Very proud of you for taking this big step hun :yep:

Thanks :smile:. Just gotta wait and see if I get accepted first though, but hopefully I will. If not, at least I've got the full time volunteering to do as backup, so what ever happens, I'm moving to Edinburgh this year :yep:

Have fun seeing your sister :smile:
Thanks :smile:. Just gotta wait and see if I get accepted first though, but hopefully I will. If not, at least I've got the full time volunteering to do as backup, so what ever happens, I'm moving to Edinburgh this year :yep:

Have fun seeing your sister :smile:

Edinburgh is meant to be an amazing place to live! Glad you've got some voluteering lined up! My annual volunteering starts up again in a few weeks - nervous but equally excited :colondollar:

Thanks very much :biggrin:
X

I haven't spoken to you in forever and I just...wanted to say hey soooo hey...:redface: :smile:
Original post by IDukem
22/23 days till Uni...getting nervy in all honesty :O $

that's a natural feeling (:
you're not alone, I feel the same right now, I go in 18 days
PM me if you want to chat x

Latest