The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hmmmm... Pretty sure you can :tongue: maybe change it a tiny bit

Yeah I will, there's a bit more I can put in now and some things I'll take out, I'll talk about different books etc but the introduction and things will still end up pretty similar probably :smile:
Original post by radhikagulati
Omg the ucas form is so annoying shbsjfhbsfbsdfdsfsfds

Wait until you're trying to get your personal statement down to 47 lines, that was even more annoying for me than the character limit and that's saying something! :redface:
Original post by furryface12
Yeah I will, there's a bit more I can put in now and some things I'll take out, I'll talk about different books etc but the introduction and things will still end up pretty similar probably :smile:

Yeah sounds like a plan1
Wait until you're trying to get your personal statement down to 47 lines, that was even more annoying for me than the character limit and that's saying something! :redface:

I think mine is all done :smug:

eurgh tell me about it, i at 100 lines and it seems impossible :frown:
Hey guys, reply to show I still exist!

Still want to do philosophy at Cambridge - results didn't murder me :biggrin:

probably won't even be commenting as much this year, unless I manage to get an interview and try to get us to meet up :wink: but yeah, hi. year 13 whooo
Original post by tara8000
Hey guys, reply to show I still exist!

Still want to do philosophy at Cambridge - results didn't murder me :biggrin:

probably won't even be commenting as much this year, unless I manage to get an interview and try to get us to meet up :wink: but yeah, hi. year 13 whooo

But you murdered results right?:wink:
Yeah sounds like a plan1

I think mine is all done :smug:

:eek: You're organised! It is best to do it before school gets in the way I guess, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do last year though so submitted it about a week before the deadline in January :colondollar:

Original post by radhikagulati
eurgh tell me about it, i at 100 lines and it seems impossible :frown:

Wow, that's a lot! I presume you're over on characters as well then? Try and get them down first and then hopefully you'll be a bit closer on the line front. After that, it can sometimes help if you just reorder words, eg if you have a list of three if you put the words in a different order they might go on the lines differently and you lose one :yep:
:eek: You're organised! It is best to do it before school gets in the way I guess, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do last year though so submitted it about a week before the deadline in January :colondollar:

Wow, that's a lot! I presume you're over on characters as well then? Try and get them down first and then hopefully you'll be a bit closer on the line front. After that, it can sometimes help if you just reorder words, eg if you have a list of three if you put the words in a different order they might go on the lines differently and you lose one :yep:

I have to do it by October, so best have it sorted :colone:
I have to do it by October, so best have it sorted :colone:

True, still organised though! I'll probably try and get mine off as soon as your deadline's out the way this year... Try and make your school write your reference soon by the way, you have no idea how stressful it gets when they still haven't done it a week before the deadline! :unimpressed:
Still haven't thought about my personal statement :s

Does anyone know if it will be better to get it done early, and just add in "I'm planning to do some experience at x uni in october", or whether to wait until I've done the work experience and send my application in November?
True, still organised though! I'll probably try and get mine off as soon as your deadline's out the way this year... Try and make your school write your reference soon by the way, you have no idea how stressful it gets when they still haven't done it a week before the deadline! :unimpressed:

Oh I'll be bugging them for a reference every week :tongue:
But you murdered results right?:wink:

haha I WISH... only really English :tongue: I maimed maths :wink:... and barely won the fight against bio and phys... psych pretty much beat me :'(
Original post by tara8000
haha I WISH... only really English :tongue: I maimed maths :wink:... and barely won the fight against bio and phys... psych pretty much beat me :'(

I want details now :rofl:

PM if you want :tongue: oh no psychology
I want details now :rofl:

PM if you want :tongue: oh no psychology

haha details? PM me, I don't know what you mean x)
YAY YEAR 13
it's 79 pages already and I only just discovered it but hey :biggrin:
Original post by Tibbz2
Still haven't thought about my personal statement :s

Does anyone know if it will be better to get it done early, and just add in "I'm planning to do some experience at x uni in october", or whether to wait until I've done the work experience and send my application in November?

Unless you need to be done by the early deadline I'd say you'd be better to wait a bit, then you can talk about what you learnt from the experience which will be much better :smile:

Oh I'll be bugging them for a reference every week :tongue:

I'm sure they'll love you for that! :tongue: Might make them get it done though just to shut you up :lol:
I really like the new kids this year :smile:
Unless you need to be done by the early deadline I'd say you'd be better to wait a bit, then you can talk about what you learnt from the experience which will be much better :smile:

I'm sure they'll love you for that! :tongue: Might make them get it done though just to shut you up :lol:

Hmmmm... They won't mind! Although my fm teacher doesn't know me... The way it works here is all teachers write a bit, and then form and head of year fix it into a reference
Hmmmm... They won't mind! Although my fm teacher doesn't know me... The way it works here is all teachers write a bit, and then form and head of year fix it into a reference

That was our system, but my physics teacher was away for a bit then my head of year and the deputy head both thought the other one was doing it then my predicted grades changed... Yeah, that's the problem with new teachers I guess, they'll get to know you soon enough though :yep:
That was our system, but my physics teacher was away for a bit then my head of year and the deputy head both thought the other one was doing it then my predicted grades changed... Yeah, that's the problem with new teachers I guess, they'll get to know you soon enough though :yep:

That sucks! My physics teacher's reference should be amazing. He is awesome :biggrin:

Chem should be decent :lol:

And those are the only two who know me...

They can change your predicted grades?! I'd like to see them predict anything less than an A* lol, fun arguments to be had

Latest