The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Well almost perfect team. Just need an RW to complete the team. Said we'll reach Bayern levels in 2 or so years like a year or 2 ago so it's nearly time for them to show how good they are. Still think Liverpool can title challenge, but a lot depends on Balotelli. Sturridge seems like he's creating his own chances though and he was scoring wonder goals last season and Balotelli is just as capable.

Who do you guys think will have the better season out of Balo and Sturridge? I think it's clear who I think will have the better season.

You'll be kings of the PL for a few years now.

Sturridge has had a slow start but I think he'll be better overall.

I'm just waiting for FIFA 15 to come out so I can rage about us inevitably being 4.5 star yet again...
Surely with united bringing in players like falcao and ADM, there has gotta be 5 five star teams in the PL this season?

That's right, there's so little transfer news going on for us that I'm talking about FIFA...
Original post by Lúcio
You'll be kings of the PL for a few years now.

Sturridge has had a slow start but I think he'll be better overall.

I'm just waiting for FIFA 15 to come out so I can rage about us inevitably being 4.5 star yet again...
Surely with united bringing in players like falcao and ADM, there has gotta be 5 five star teams in the PL this season?

That's right, there's so little transfer news going on for us that I'm talking about FIFA...

I think Romero would be a good signing, two decent GK options than one decent option and brad jones. Valdes will be good as he can play out the back and he had a good season for barca last year.
Coates having a medical at Sunderland ahead of season long loan.

Valdes is a free agent, so we don't have to sign him today.
Original post by Lúcio
I love it - united proclaiming they have bigger pull than anyone else because they've signed an unsettled player...on loan.

Arsenal just having a massive meltdown every time a striker signs for somebody else or when they're linked to Defoe...

Liverpool fans don't expect anything except maybe a sub keeper.

Chelsea fans are just atop their throne with their perfect team, looking down on the tiny clubs below them.

No, just Liverpool
Poyet will be good for Coates I think.
Original post by mr tim
Coates having a medical at Sunderland ahead of season long loan.

Valdes is a free agent, so we don't have to sign him today.

that's good, we weren't gonna do anything with him anyway.

true, but it isn't like nobody else would want him
would valdes work as our 2nd keeper or would he come in ahead of mignolet (theoretically)?

Original post by manchesterunited15
No, just Liverpool

lel, maybe so.
you have your recent history, piles of money and promises you'll be back to the top.

we're already near the top, but we don't have consistency yet.

realistically do you think you can beat liverpool and/or arsenal to 4th?
you're already 4 and 3 points behind respectively after playing way easier games...
Original post by Lúcio

lel, maybe so.
you have your recent history, piles of money and promises you'll be back to the top.

we're already near the top, but we don't have consistency yet.

realistically do you think you can beat liverpool and/or arsenal to 4th?
you're already 4 and 3 points behind respectively after playing way easier games...

Yes. We've been playing with 5 of our first 11 ffs...

Half of your full strength team will be new signings, it will take some time before they start playing as a team rather than as individuals. In that time United could drop more points widening the gap between their top 4 rivals and themselves. LvG should of made signings a lot earlier in the window to give time for them to settle like Rodgers did. United's easy fixture list would of been perfect to get new signings bedded in.

:rofl:

Oh god. Thanks.

I really needed that today.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol, we turned Falcao down
Original post by MJK91
:rofl:

Oh god. Thanks.

I really needed that today.

What are you on about lol
It's literally just a fact

For someone who makes some golden quotes like yourself, it's funny you decide to put other people's quotes in your sig lol. :colondollar:

I don't really understand how United fans think they can get 70+ points with this team. As longs as Wenger sorts the system out they're certs for top 4, and Liverpool look to be a long way ahead of United. Already 8 points dropped from teams you should be beating in a season. You need consistency to get top 4 as all top 4 teams showed last year, and by bringing in a new team you won't gain that consistency. I would like some rational explanation please, as at the moment i'm finding it too amusing seeing this expectation from United fans.
What are you on about lol
It's literally just a fact

It's a fact you'll beat us to 4th?

Hohoho. Get's better this! Keep going.
Original post by Gob Bluth
For someone who makes some golden quotes like yourself, it's funny you decide to put other people's quotes in your sig lol. :colondollar:

I don't really understand how United fans think they can get 70+ points with this team. As longs as Wenger sorts the system out they're certs for top 4, and Liverpool look to be a long way ahead of United. Already 8 points dropped from teams you should be beating in a season. You need consistency to get top 4 as all top 4 teams showed last year, and by bringing in a new team you won't gain that consistency. I would like some rational explanation please, as at the moment i'm finding it too amusing seeing this expectation from United fans.

They seem to think this is FIFA....
Original post by MJK91
It's a fact you'll beat us to 4th?

Hohoho. Get's better this! Keep going.

No :facepalm2: It's a fact that we've been playing with 5 of our first 11...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Gob Bluth
For someone who makes some golden quotes like yourself, it's funny you decide to put other people's quotes in your sig lol. :colondollar:.

You're saying that me saying it's not unrealistic for United to get top 4 is on a par with the bull**** in my sig? Ok
No :facepalm2: It's a fact that we've been playing with 5 of our first 11...

That wasn't what I was laughing at. I bolded the key part for you.

You've 'strengthened' in areas where you were arguably strongest. Apart from Herrera not a single problem has been addressed. Still no defense.
Original post by samir12
Half of your full strength team will be new signings, it will take some time before they start playing as a team rather than as individuals. In that time United could drop more points widening the gap between their top 4 rivals and themselves. LvG should of made signings a lot earlier in the window to give time for them to settle like Rodgers did. United's easy fixture list would of been perfect to get new signings bedded in.

Add to that if they drop more points when they come back early they'll then have to get points vs the likes of Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. by then they'll have a very big mountain to climb.
You're saying that me saying it's not unrealistic for United to get top 4 is on a par with the bull**** in my sig? Ok

You also said you'd win the title last season i believe? Shouldn't that be ing your sig? :lol:

No signs you will suddenly find form just like that as you have been horrendous for the 4 games under Van Gaal and terrible for a season before that. At the moment it's amusing that top 4 is not seen as a pipe dream. You may have some fantastic players now, but being a team is what gets you there at the end of the day, and that is why Liverpool and Arsenal will get those 2 spots.

In fact Jam's 2 quotes in August are completely fine, nothing wrong with them. Yours are far worse :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MJK91
That wasn't what I was laughing at. I bolded the key part for you.

You've 'strengthened' in areas where you were arguably strongest. Apart from Herrera not a single problem has been addressed. Still no defense.

-Rojo
-Blind
-Di Maria if he goes on the wing

We've been playing 2 if not 1 of our first choice back 5.

Quick Reply

Latest