The Student Room Group

Audiology - September 2014

Scroll to see replies

Is it just me, or are there only about 6 people replying to to Audiology threads on this website at the moment? :-)
Original post by bibliboo
Is it just me, or are there only about 6 people replying to to Audiology threads on this website at the moment? :-)

haha seems like it!
I'm starting to wonder now, how many audioligists are there in uk?
Original post by Audio123
Hi Afrasco,

Your welcome :smile:

Okay, that sounds very convenient. all the best with your studies.

Audio123.

whats the difference between the msci and bsc versions of the audiology course and what would be more useful if I want to join the NHS STP program after graduating :smile:
Original post by Mazzaa
Hi im doing audiology- manchester my firm!
Ive picked
1.Sheavyn
2.Canterbury Court
3.Richmond Park
for my accomodation.
They are all ensuite self catered as thats what i wanted.
1 and 3 are both fallowfield campus which is apparently where the Student Village is, Victoria is a bit quiter but CC is a really nice halls so worth it!
Apparently City Campus is generally foreign students (not neccesarily a bad thing) and is the most far away really because as I said Fallowfield is where all the Students live and theyre pretty far apart.
Hi. What's the salary for a audiologist ? I've heard the private sector is r

oak house and owens park seem to be the most lively, but i didn't want anywhere too crazy (as i would still like to study at uni!) and sheavyn is pretty close to owens park and oak house, but in its own little grassy oasis! Perfect in my opinion!

Hope i helped and hope to see you in september!! GOOD LUCK!

Hi What is the salary for aduiologistt? I've heard the private sector is really good where you can get bonuses and stuff? Thanks 😃
Original post by stressed.human
Yay, that's awesome!:biggrin: I've applied to Aston, Manchester and Leeds. You?

Hi What is the salary for aduiologistt? I've heard the private sector is really good where you can get bonuses and stuff? Thanks 😃
Original post by am-mtj
Unis have up to May 9th (I believe?) to reply. Most unis, I think, send a reply depending on when you sent the application but some unis wait until all applications are received before starting to give offers. I know Durham do that, which is really annoying for a lot of my friends since they can't respond to any offers until all replies have been received and are waiting on Durham. If you've received all the offers you want and are awaiting unwanted others, you can just withdraw from them.

Is anyone applying for Audiology in 2015?
Original post by zoelizabeth

I'm hoping to do so, just started an access to health science course

I am aswell
I'm hoping to do so, just started an access to health science course

Original post by haseebi82
I am aswell

Great, I feel like I've only spoken to about three people who are actually applying. :redface: Have you thought about which unis you're going to apply for yet? I'm thinking Manchester and Leeds but I can't decide on the others. I've heard Southampton is very good though.
Great, I feel like I've only spoken to about three people who are actually applying. :redface: Have you thought about which unis you're going to apply for yet? I'm thinking Manchester and Leeds but I can't decide on the others. I've heard Southampton is very good though.

Same here, when ever i tell my friends what I want to do they don't even know what it is lol

I was thinking Leeds because its the nearest to me, but I really like southampton, swansea as well,
Same here, when ever i tell my friends what I want to do they don't even know what it is lol

I was thinking Leeds because its the nearest to me, but I really like southampton, swansea as well,

I'm applying as well. I'm thinking aston and then I'm in a dilemma with manchester Leeds and de montford. Whichx would you say is the easiest out of them? Baring in mind manchester count physcology as an A!
lol, I'm doing psychology aswell, but I think properly DMU would be the easiest because they were in clearing for the longest this year and because they only want 3B's (300 points).
lol, I'm doing psychology aswell, but I think properly DMU would be the easiest because they were in clearing for the longest this year and because they only want 3B's (300 points).

Yeah + it's highly likely they will let you off with lower and even other unis because not much people apply there in demand for us
Original post by Student23478
Yeah + it's highly likely they will let you off with lower and even other unis because not much people apply there in demand for us

Lol just looked on manchester they still looking for people who applied in 2014 year. Looks like they will take any average decent grades lol

I'm thinking manchester or Leeds as well, they're both closer to me, I've been told by an Audiologist that they're both good but Leeds is quite top for Audiology.
Original post by Student23478
Lol just looked on manchester they still looking for people who applied in 2014 year. Looks like they will take any average decent grades lol

lol, whats your thoughts on middlesex, wonder why they requirements are so low
I'm thinking manchester or Leeds as well, they're both closer to me, I've been told by an Audiologist that they're both good but Leeds is quite top for Audiology.

Hi. Did this audiolgist say it's a really good job with a goof future + salary?
lol, whats your thoughts on middlesex, wonder why they requirements are so low

lol no idea. Probably won't apply for that anyway. You got any audio work experience? And Wb personal statement? Don't know what to write

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending