The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missfats
LOOOOOOOL so true.
habeshas killin it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooooooooooooool thats so harsh >.< people need to cut somali boys some slack. There are some good looking ones
Btw is the top right guy really eritrean? I swear i've seen him in almost every somali beauty page lol!
Original post by Secretnerd123
Loooooooooooooool thats so harsh >.< people need to cut somali boys some slack. There are some good looking ones
Btw is the top right guy really eritrean? I swear i've seen him in almost every somali beauty page lol!

Loool somalis are known on ig to use habesha pictures and put them as somalis. He looks more somali lakin idk.
But u think they mean the average somali boy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loool somalis are known on ig to use habesha pictures and put them as somalis. He looks more somali lakin idk.
But u think they mean the average somali boy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most habeshas are non-muslim right?
x

x

Why are girls obsessed by looks?

There are much more important traits. -_-' Each to their own.
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Believe it or not but we live in a shallow world where people WILL judge your appearance first (until you get to know the person's personality ofc)

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with looks but I do try to make sure I look good because it makes me feel better about myself :smile:
Most habeshas are non-muslim right?

It depends on country. Eritera is mostly muslim and the rest are other. Whilst in Ethiopia, it's mostly Christians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as boys are? Btw, personality > looks. I just found this funny though. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As much as boys are? Btw, personality > looks. I just found this funny though. :tongue:

I find it hard to comprehend why that would be the main feature people look for in a person, especially Muslims who intend to marry members of the opposite sex.
I find it hard to comprehend why that would be the main feature people look for in a person, especially Muslims who intend to marry members of the opposite sex.

Dunno.
Looks is important tbh aswell as personality. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dunno.
Looks is important tbh aswell as personality. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheepish behaviour if you ask me.

Even the prophet saw recommended that you marry a spouse that you're attracted too.
I drank 3 bottles of water today. Why is water so addictive though? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even the prophet saw recommended that you marry a spouse that you're attracted too.

Given the contemporary definition

Sexual appeasement =/= attractive

I don't find (and I quote) 'hot' models to be all that attractive. They might be sexually appealing but that doesn't indicate compatibility.

What you're referring to seems to be infatuation.

Arguably (I'll use an example) a girl like Fatima would be 'attractive' as she posses some of the characteristics I believe would make for a good spouse i.e:

- Strong minded
- Intelligent
- Sense of humour
- Opinionated
- Integrity
- Modesty

However, the term itself is subjective in context and thus is 'looks' is a sole feature that an individual looks for then yes that could be the main point of attraction. Although what confuses me is why looks over rules everything else. It might just be the society that we find ourselves in today.
(edited 9 years ago)
Given the contemporary definition

Sexual appeasement =/= attractive

I don't find (and I quote) 'hot' models to be all that attractive. They might be sexually appealing but that doesn't indicate compatibility.

What you're referring to seems to be infatuation.

I don't fully understand what you're trying to say.

If you wanted to approach a girl for marriage, you'd obviously approach a girl you find physically attractive. There's no denying that. Girls are more forgiving when it comes to look than guys. Ya'll are so harsh
I don't fully understand what you're trying to say.

If you wanted to approach a girl for marriage, you'd obviously approach a girl you find physically attractive. There's no denying that. Girls are more forgiving when it comes to look than guys. Ya'll are so harsh

I added more to the above post.

I just suggested attraction isn't exclusive to outward appearance.

Anyways, I'll get back to you later. I must dash.. have to be at the cinema, got a date :wink:

Anyways, I'll get back to you later. I must dash.. have to be at the cinema, got a date :wink:

I agree attraction isn't exclusive to just physical looks but its the first thing people notice.

Ok bye

Lol, With the mandem.
Done much in preparation for university?

I swear, I start in 10 days and have done **** all. I haven't bought anything for halls yet, I still need to buy a new laptop etc..

I've just been filling out applications for student finance, accomodation, applying to IB events (I actually have to try and convince my maths lecturer to excuse me for a couple days as I've been invited to careers events by a couple banks). :shifty: I'm so bloody stressed out, I've actually had no break this entire summer and the stresses just keep piling on. I've actually just been grumpy this weekend. -.-

Not to mention haven't even started some of the compulsory reading list. SA;D, FMCKSPDJVNDSIJF BNSD (Probably know the contents anyway)

Why I'm telling you, god knows.

cool, what uni are you going to? can't be arsed either :smile:

Salaam sis!!:biggrin:

I remember you saying on the previous thread that you were going Somalia this summer.
Did you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GreenArrow
Salaam sis!!:biggrin:

I remember you saying on the previous thread that you were going Somalia this summer.
Did you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

O did you go somalia? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending