The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diggy
Hey even at our worst Arsenal couldn't beat us under Moyes, Falcao, Di Maria and Herrera will terrorise them.

that's because arsenal are cursed against united.

Original post by sevchenko
346K a week for Falcao, that's late game football manager wages. I can see why we didn't go for him now that is a bit much

is that seriously how much united are paying him?
or is that his before tax wage at monaco?

i can't bear to think what united's total wage bill will be per week...

Original post by Arkasia
The title last season was Chelsea's, they would have easily won if they didn't screw up about 3 games. This season they have improved in every aspect, and with Costa they are playing attacking football, thus bullying every small club (as well as a few big ones). Liverpool will probably be 3rd or 4th.

chelsea had a bad, bad season last campaign (even though they made CL semi finals)
if it wasn't mourinho, people would've been questionning their manager.

we got lucky that chelsea and city didn't run away with it like they should have tbh
i don't see them both making the same mistake this year though.

3rd or 4th is fine by me.
we've not played amazing but we have 6 points and we've already played spurs (who look better this year), city (more or less unbeatable at the etihad - lol stoke) and soton (severely underestimated this season).
i'd say that's a great return.
Chuckle chuckle vision ch-chuckle vision
Better be a loan move
Really not sure on Welbeck, improvement on Sanogo but certainly no Falcao/ Cavani/ Balotelli

Probably on par with Remy but hopefully if he joins Wenger can perform a Sturridge on him...
YES @SkySportsNewsHQ: Sky Sources: Danny Welbeck having medical at Arsenal. #AFC #SSNHQ #SkyDeadlineDay

We almost had no striker for 4 months. Welbeck should be far better than wasting Alexis up front.

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** it. Better than no one.
AW: we will only sign quality players.....Welbeck. Is he mad?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like we are getting Welbeck. I am happy with that, we buy him and he satisfies the homegrown quota and we still have space for 1 more decent player.
guillem ballsack please be right for once. brb converting to every religion at once and hoping for some divine intervention.
Welcott and Walbeck.
Original post by Lúcio
is that seriously how much united are paying him?
or is that his before tax wage at monaco?

i can't bear to think what united's total wage bill will be per week...

Mark Odgen confirmed Utd are paying his Monaco wages in full. So Yeah I think it's his pre tax wages
Why should we strengthen our main rivals for a CL place? Unbelievable.

Lee Clayton @LeeClayton_

Latest (from @charliesale) United want Welbeck to go to Spurs, Welbeck wants to go to Arsenal. More here
Reply 7352
UTD beat us to Falcao, take RVP off us

Then throw us Welbeck

They're not even in the CL and they still manage to take the piss out of us :rofl::rofl:

On a serious note. Welbeck will be the next Ian Wright and offer us an alternative option to Giroud. If we had singed a CB and CDM weeks ago then this wouldn't be a bad move but we're still bloody short
inb4 Peggles' contribution
Reply 7354
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Das harsh mane
I can smell the Orn about to destroy our souls

Reply 7356
Original post by manchesterunited15
Better be a loan move

Man just got Falcao and is now upset about losing Welbeck
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

See above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Das harsh mane

What? I'm looking forward to hearing her opinion. srs.
Welbeck is apparently at the Emirates stadium.... According to sky news anyway

Latest