The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Edinburgh College, Milton Campus. I'm trying for an HND, which can eventually lead to a degree, so hopefully it'd be good for me. Thanks :smile:

:gasp:

OMG OMG I'M AT GRANTON!!! :ahee: We're basically in the same place! :ahee:
Original post by IDukem
22/23 days till Uni...getting nervy in all honesty :O $

I'm moving in 27 days and I'm ****ting bricks!
Home alone tonight.

Not cool :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Yeah, inwent on meds due to being suggested to by my dr :yep:

Wow im SO jealous, i love zoos. The one by my mums does entry by donation over winter, so its really cheap :biggrin: i love it.
These ones are MASSIVE because they dont buy the icecream in, so for like £5 you get 3 massive scoops of whatever flavour you want(its more like 2 scoops of each flavour!!), so i tend to go for 3 different flavours, then i tend to get chocolate sauce, flake and cream i think. Its amazing!

Yeah windermere is MASSIVE though remember that it isnt a lake :yep: the town is just very touristy! Keswick is really quaint, but nice :smile:
Yeah they do loads of different boats and stuff, its amazing, were going on the island tour, cos theres loads of islands in windermere! Atleast 1 has a house on it! Its mad.

Even if I don't really remember much of it (We left Bristol when I was ~5 or something) - it was definitely good :yep: Oh that's awesome! Yeah zoo's can be really expensive :frown: I'd go to Paignton or the "Living Coasts" one, but just too expensive :sad:
I want ice-cream now :tongue: Will have some tonight, maybe :colondollar:

Yeah :redface: All the villages/towns were so quaint/walk-y/tourist-y! :colondollar: Especially when sunny :smile:
I hadn't realised there were islands! :eek: Just googled some :redface: (I suppose it's so big there probably should be :colondollar:)

Sorry you're home alone :frown: :hugs: Can you find some things to watch/distract yourself sort of?

Original post by ScaryScience
wish i'd given up years ago

:jumphug:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Had a dream about E last night :cry2:

On the plus side MY SISTER IS BACK :party: Only for 9 days :sad: But I'm so happy to see her :love:

:woo: For your sister being back :smile: Sorry about dream :console: Are the rest of family still about/everywhere? :redface:

Original post by IDukem
22/23 days till Uni...getting nervy in all honesty :O $

Same here :eek: I know it's not the same as I've had a year, but going in ~11 days I think, will be glad to leave home, but just not sure what to expect going back!
I'm sure you'll be fine though :hugs: Are you doing many of the fresher's things? Personally none of them were for me :colondollar: But I think in general they're good fun :smile: :dontknow:

Original post by Arsenalforlifee
Sorry to butt in, everyone, but I don't think I can take much more of the constant emotional abuse :frown: does anyone know of a free helpline or something I can call? Really really need to speak to someone right now and I've found my GP useless. Though I'd rather speak to someone in person if possible.

I don't understand how some "family" members are meant to love you but can be so goddamn callous.

If you're under 18 then childline also have a helpline which is free? :dontknow: :redface: http://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
Hope you're okay :hugs:

----------------------------------------------

Good news! :redface:
Managed to arrange to drop off Pumpernickel at the rescue/rehoming centre this friday - also a friend's having a party near there that evening, so can drop pumps off (very sadly :sad: but it's the best place for him I think :s-smilie: :redface:) and then can go see friends, and hopefully won't be too down for it - also justifies travel costs of driving up more :redface:

Then the week after should be able to move in to Uni-house :smile: Scared, but glad things are happening/I can get away from home/have this long summer come to an end. Might be able to go to Party with friends that weekend too, but don't 100% know yet - don't properly know if I'd want to :dontknow:

But yes, definitely lightened stress a bit - and just relieved that can get Pumps to a safe place where I think they'll be really good with finding him a new home - and not have me worrying about him! (Whereas I think P@H would have me worrying :s-smilie:) Thank you for support :hugs:
(Car journey will be scary though :eek: never driven that far, particularly with newer car)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Here if you want to talk about it/something else to get your mind off things.

Thanks lovely. :lovehug: I had to go out and do the anxiey provoking thing. :sad: Now I'm just sad. Had to say goodbye to someone who meant a great deal to me. :cry2:
How are you? :hugs:
E]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho

hardly eaten again today
ED TW

Spoiler

oh i have the time to cook, i love cooking, just cant bring myself to eat :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by purple-duck
Thanks :redface: Was tasty, just still feeling rubbish though, unfortunately :/ Quite tired and sleepy.

How're you doing?

Relaxing after the exam... and eating way too much chocolate. Have to do more sports...
Original post by Nathanielle

Spoiler

Ill go the other way from thursday for a week, urgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsenalforlifee
Sorry to butt in, everyone, but I don't think I can take much more of the constant emotional abuse :frown: does anyone know of a free helpline or something I can call? Really really need to speak to someone right now and I've found my GP useless. Though I'd rather speak to someone in person if possible.

I don't understand how some "family" members are meant to love you but can be so goddamn callous.

There's the Samaritans as have been mentioned. But also Nightline have a free 1:1 online chat service as well as phone support if that's any easier. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Glad I went to the gym but now having an panic attack
Original post by IDukem

A bit up and and down, but somehow keeping it together at the seems :redface: Same! I get really busy and not go on TSR at all and then out of no where I go on a a massive posting spree :colondollar:

How have you been? :h:

I've been a bit up and down too. My life ain't perfect yet, but I'm trying to embrace the good and not let the bad get me down so much :yep:
I need to be more restrained with money :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I need to be more restrained with money :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get Rob to help you out, like I said. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
Get Rob to help you out, like I said. :smile:

I don't want to be a bother :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I don't want to be a bother :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already asked and he's happy to help. :smile:
Original post by hellokittymad
can I hide in here unitl I need to go to the gym? I'm frightened and theirs a lot of noise in my head.. thank you for being so nice xx

-hugs- of course you can hide in here poppet.
Original post by .snowflake.
-hugs- of course you can hide in here poppet.

*snuggles* no like being a grown up it's difficult and scary
Original post by hellokittymad
*snuggles* no like being a grown up it's difficult and scary

This. I still feel like I'm 12. I'm a third year in 18 days time. How the hell did that happen. I genuinely know nothing.
Original post by .snowflake.
This. I still feel like I'm 12. I'm a third year in 18 days time. How the hell did that happen. I genuinely know nothing.

*offers teddy* I'm scared and switchy and no like it xxxx
Original post by tasha96
:gasp:

OMG OMG I'M AT GRANTON!!! :ahee: We're basically in the same place! :ahee:

Ah, didn't know you were in Edinburgh too, but that's cool :five:. Yeah, I know the college has about 4 different campuses throughout the city :yep:

Latest