The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
But the point is, it shouldn't be now, we should have done our entire business long time ago! Not faffing around in the Lidl clearance isle when we told Arsene to go the Marks & Sparks!

We are rolling in case, we don't need to be worrying about the financial books and what not when we have £150m in RESERVE!!

It's not a matter of just coping. I want to win the league and the CL, I want the club to be ambitious. Fourth is not good enough and it never will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Knew you were going to say that, but right now who would you sign??

Also, if we spend all that at once we will still make a huge loss if I'm not mistaken making us breach fair play?
Original post by Arkasia
Lmao @ this thread.

'Wenger you prick, sign someone you croissant eating bellend'

Anytime a striker is announced (like Welbeck)

'Nah, we don't want him'

Well we don't. He's an upgrade on Sanogo but so would anyone down Market Road on a Friday evening.

If you want to just get into the top 4 the by all means be happy about Welbeck.

If you actually want to win something i.e the league/CL then you wouldn't be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently we're in for Huntelaar?
Also getting linked with Huntelaar....

Again :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strange Fruittt
Peggles darling, when I told you this back in February, you berated me and called me an idiot and all that ****. It took a 6-0 defeat to Chelsea to wake you up.

Wenger holds back Arsenal, have said this for time

SUG baby, Arsene sold me a dream! He had me believing the hype, I'm ashamed really. I was more half asleep tbf, had my reservations and wasn't his biggest fan, the 6-0 just confirmed everything I knew!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leinad2012
Be honest, you've spent £140mil, and being realistic wages for Falcao, Rooney, RVP, Mata and Di Maria alone will be around £75mil a year, which is a good £60mil more than your new sponsorship deals cover, without even taking away your old sponsorship deals...

Why are you including Rooney, RVP and Mata when there's no change there, we were paying them before. Falcao and DM is about 20-25m a season.
****, just realised that with Welbeck comes English inflated prices! Could be a good £25mil if it's a buy and not a loan :P
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Also getting linked with Huntelaar....

Again :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jeremy Wilson? I don't think it's actually his real account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well we don't. He's an upgrade on Sanogo but so would anyone down Market Road on a Friday evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll take more than a striker to give you a real shot at the league or CL. Might as well go for the cheap option and save money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At this point in time Welbeck is the best (and only) option we have, so yes, I am happy about a prospective 23 year old transfer who could potentially turn out great after a run of games. If you want to be a miserable, stroppy pain in everyone's necks by moaning constantly, by all means carry on. If you want to show you are a true fan of the club then be happy we might not be stuck with just Sanogo.
Original post by leinad2012
****, just realised that with Welbeck comes English inflated prices! Could be a good £25mil if it's a buy and not a loan :P

Apparently they want 5 mil for a loan. :lol:

That's one more than Falcao and we didnt get Ba for 2 mil last year :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
SUG baby, Arsene sold me a dream! He had me believing the hype, I'm ashamed really. I was more half asleep tbf, had my reservations and wasn't his biggest fan, the 6-0 just confirmed everything I knew!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll take that as an unreserved apology. Lets have make-up sex and make anti-Wenger babies
I'm not happy about letting Welbeck go to our main rivals.

I hope we rinse you lot for £20-25m.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Your dad should be giving you beats for that performance yesterday.

pls dont be mean :frown: sanogo try but the ball sano-go in the net
Reply 7435
I called it last year that Wenger will use Arteta this season and has openly admitted that he planned on doing so but no one believed me

lul
Arsenal have activated Klaas-Jan Huntelaar's £12.75m release clause at Schalke. (Source: Junge Welt)
Huntelaar?? :facepalm2:
Breaking news 2035

Its looks like Arsenal finally managed to purchase Welbeck after years of negotiating with manchester united.

Oh btw, as much as I do like Welbz and don't like people slating him off, his goals record wasn't actually as good as it seems this year.

A really high amount of his goals came in games which were already won, I read a while back. He has his uses though no doubt Wenger will play him LW to replace Poldi or something.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest