The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TH3-FL45H
Apparently they want 5 mil for a loan. :lol:

That's one more than Falcao and we didnt get Ba for 2 mil last year :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL, probs because we didn't sell them Verm, Van Gaal seems like the kind of little bitch who'd hold a grudge :colone:

4 Hours til the torture is over
Reply 7441
Original post by Jordooooom
Your dad's a Virgin

guys

GUYS

This guy. give him the best come back for a 12 year old award
Original post by leinad2012
Knew you were going to say that, but right now who would you sign??

Also, if we spend all that at once we will still make a huge loss if I'm not mistaken making us breach fair play?

Well the first day the window opened I would have got Cavani and Lars Bender so right now wouldn't be an issue. Right now though, we are royally ****ed!

I'm not saying spend £150m in one summer, I'm saying why are we so scared of spending more. This year it's still only £65m and the last few years it has fluctuated between £40-£60m. We are always 2 players away, the money is there so that can not be an excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I called it last year that Wenger will use Arteta this season and has openly admitted that he planned on doing so but no one believed me

lul

I believed you and I believed Arsene too.

Mikel is a great man
Original post by Strange Fruittt
Oh btw, as much as I do like Welbz and don't like people slating him off, his goals record wasn't actually as good as it seems this year.

A really high amount of his goals came in games which were already one, I read a while back. He has his uses though no doubt Wenger will play him LW to replace Poldi or something.

one

one

one

one

one
Original post by Peggles_*
Well the first day the window opened I would have got Cavani and Lars Bender so right now wouldn't be an issue. Right now though, we are royally ****ed!

I'm not saying spend £150m in one summer, I'm saying why are we so scared of spending more. This year it's still only £65m and the last few years it has fluctuated between £40-£60m. We are always 2 players away, the money is there so that can not be an excuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Being realistic though, I doubt either would join unless for big wages. You seem to think Arsene can just buy anyone, that isn't the case
Original post by Strange Fruittt
It's not though, lol.

Why would Barrett, and every other source have said the same when he was moving to Liverpool? It's not sensationalist, it's the truth. If Falcao's wages truly were 200k then no-one would have ever questioned his signing.

Ballbag's just mentioned that figure on SSN. He's actually been fairly reliable this summer.

Also...

John Cross on Welbeck
Arsene Wenger is making a late move for Danny Welbeck - but no deal has been agreed.

Arsenal insist that Welbeck is NOT at London Colney, is not having a medical and the feeling is that Manchester United are reluctant to do business with a direct rival.

Welbeck is believed to prefer Arsenal to Tottenham with United ready to loan him out for around £2m.

But at the moment, Arsenal are not confident on Welbeck - but are in the market for him.
Original post by Arkasia
At this point in time Welbeck is the best (and only) option we have, so yes, I am happy about a prospective 23 year old transfer who could potentially turn out great after a run of games. If you want to be a miserable, stroppy pain in everyone's necks by moaning constantly, by all means carry on. If you want to show you are a true fan of the club then be happy we might not be stuck with just Sanogo.

So you would honestly be happy with our main ST options being Welbeck, Sanogo and Giroud?

I'm not miserable I'm a realist, whilst you've got your head in the cloud talking about how Welbeck is a good deal, I'm thinking why is Welbeck the best option we could get. A true fan wouldn't be happy given the circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yaya sanogo
pls dont be mean :frown: sanogo try but the ball sano-go in the net

Put your long legs to some use :colonhash:
dont know why people are turning their noses up at huntelaar lol, only thing bad about him would be his injury record, i still rate him tbh. done well for schalke considering.
We've had a bid rejected for Big Willy too apparently...

"Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles 33s
Sporting say that they have rejected an offer from Arsenal for William Carvalho. #AFC #SCP #POR
Expand "
Guys, I dont think you realise who is at this charity match with Wenger.

He's obviously persuading Messi, Pirlo, Lavezzi and Campagnaro to join us.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmm, welbeck would be good for me, like the player, think he would be a good fit..

Hes no falcao, but id be a lot happier with him upfront then sanogo..

Whats worrying me is everyone is focusing on the striker? are they forgetting we desperatly need a CM, and CB

A few days ago I tohught those positions were likely, but now they seem impossible.. and we will just end up with 1 striker on loan and nothing else..
Original post by Peggles_*
So you would honestly be happy with our main ST options being Welbeck, Sanogo and Giroud?

I'm not miserable I'm a realist, whilst you've got your head in the cloud talking about how Welbeck is a good deal, I'm thinking why is Welbeck the best option we could get. A true fan wouldn't be happy given the circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would be happier than our main ST options being just Sanogo and Giroud. If you are a realist you would understand that we have wasted our chances to get better players, and Welbeck is all we have left. Realistically, our best option is to buy him. What is so hard to understand? We can't turn back time, may as well make the best of what we have available.
Original post by fallen_acorns

Whats worrying me is everyone is focusing on the striker? are they forgetting we desperatly need a CM, and CB

Why? You have the pair that you were all raving about last year who are never injured, then Chambers who you've all been raving about this year for cover.
Reply 7455
Now it's official. Carvalho didn't happen because SPorting wanted 24m and we offered 21.3m

CHEAP DICKHEADS
Erm, this Klaas story really gathering pace...
Original post by AR_95
Now it's official. Carvalho didn't happen because SPorting wanted 24m and we offered 21.3m

CHEAP DICKHEADS

How do you know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by De Chirico
We've had a bid rejected for Big Willy too apparently...

"Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles 33s
Sporting say that they have rejected an offer from Arsenal for William Carvalho. #AFC #SCP #POR
Expand "

"@WildManThomps @gunnerblog Sporting will sell if they get their asking price - signed Carvalho's replacement early in the window. #SCP #AFC"

Wenger plz, just throw them the coupla extra hunna kays they askin for.
Original post by leinad2012
Being realistic though, I doubt either would join unless for big wages. You seem to think Arsene can just buy anyone, that isn't the case

Why isn't that realistic? We need a WC ST and DM. Cavani wasn't happy at PSG and was looking for a move away. Bender may have taken some doing but if Arsene liked him so much he would have tried a lot harder to strike a deal. Listen to Tim Payton, listen to the AST they see the books, they know the finances and know that we could afford players of that calibre.

We are The Arsenal aren't we? We aren't this poverty club no more, we are filthy rich and the more money we make the less of an excuse it becomes.

He got Sanchez and Ozil didn't he? He put enough effort into buying players we didn't actually need, surely he can do the same for those that we must have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest