The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
thankyou, just paranoia and being home alone isnt a good mix, now im gonna struggle already :s-smilie:

:hugs: Don't do yourself down, you're a strong person and you can do this. :smile:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Don't do yourself down, you're a strong person and you can do this. :smile:

already convinced someone is like in the flat or watching it, i just know.
i really cant do this.
Original post by Nathanielle
Relaxing after the exam... and eating way too much chocolate. Have to do more sports...

Chocolate is good :yep: :biggrin:
Hope the exam went well - is that the only one (or the last of a few) - or do you have some to go still?

Home alone for the night. My worst ****ing nightmare

:hugs:

Good luck for the job interview :smile: Do you have any good anxiety coping methods for beforehand? I wouldn't scare them off :nah: Try your best, and see how it goes - In the end you don't know what the job will be like/how the workplace/other staff are until you're there - just take things one step at a time? :redface: (If that made any sense :s-smilie: Probably not :colondollar: :hugs:) (Basically if you need a job/would like one (presumably as you've applied for one!) then no point in dashing that hope/opportunity - I can imagine it must be tough, but unfortunately it's a necessity :frown:)

Get back to us on the chocolate :tongue: :lol: (I want chocolate... You and Nathanielle making me jealous :tongue: :getmecoat:)
(edited 9 years ago)
I was wondering, what do you guys do to distract yourselves when you aren't feeling great? For the past few days I have been going to Starbucks and just sit there and maybe read for an hour... just getting out of the house sort of helps. But I was thinking of doing something else. Any tips welcome :smile:
i really cant do this.

Course you can. :smile: What I do when I'm feeling scared and alone is just hole myself up in one room with plenty of provisions, and then cover myself in duvets. :tongue:
Course you can. :smile: What I do when I'm feeling scared and alone is just hole myself up in one room with plenty of provisions, and then cover myself in duvets. :tongue:

got the tele and my laptop.
kinda scared to go get a duvet in case theres someone in the bedroom :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering, what do you guys do to distract yourselves when you aren't feeling great? For the past few days I have been going to Starbucks and just sit there and maybe read for an hour... just getting out of the house sort of helps. But I was thinking of doing something else. Any tips welcome :smile:

there's a big list here
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/index.php?categoryid=60&p2027_articleid=211
Original post by purple-duck
Chocolate is good :yep: :biggrin:
Hope the exam went well - is that the only one (or the last of a few) - or do you have some to go still?

Two in the next 7 days. Yeah, but I ate too much and I want MORE.

Thank you so much for this list, favorited this straight away!

in a random note, i want my mum to go to bed so i can watch buffy on the tv on netflix, is that so much to ask for?!
Original post by SweetNothing

in a random note, i want my mum to go to bed so i can watch buffy on the tv on netflix, is that so much to ask for?!

your welcome (: and no, i do the same xxx
Original post by SweetNothing

BUFFY!!!!! :biggrin:

Me and Rob are currently working our way through Buffy and Angel concurrently. :tongue:

Me and Rob are currently working our way through Buffy and Angel concurrently. :tongue:

YES!!! :biggrin: such a good choice, Buffy is on netflix so i'm working my way through them :P

I love Buffy so much
i want to do something really bad
Cant do this and dont want to and they wont stop screaming :cry2:
Original post by tasha96
Ha I'm not really- I'm two and a half hours away on the bus! :eek: Means I have to get up at five for nine am starts. :redface: But I am there during the day.... :ninja: :colone: :tongue:
What are you studying? :h:

Woah, why do you go to such a far away college? I know it's far for me too, but I'm gonna get accommodation up there. A 5 hour commute everyday would kill me! :eek:. But I guess that shows how dedicated you are to your education? :o:

I'm applying to study HND Admin and IT. What do you study?
Reply 2195
Original post by k_slatch
Hey guys! :biggrin:

I've struggled with mental health issues for a few years and am now going into Year 13.
Should I mention them on my UCAS (ie in the disability box)?
It has made things a lot harder especially around exam time but it doesn't show because I got 10 A*s at GCSE and 5 As this year. Wanting to apply to Cambridge, Bath, UCL, Edinburgh and Manchester.
Is it worth mentioning anywhere? I'd ask my tutor to put it in the reference, but only one teacher knows and I'd rather the rest didn't.

Makes no difference is you mention it or not. You can arrange the support once you have a conditional offer without a problem, ask for a DSA form after you apply, and admissions tutors will not see that box. The only difference it will make is the admin of the uni asking you to contact disability services, and SFE sending out a DSA form.
Reply 2196

I remember buffy! She was that cute blonde that liked vampires wasn't she? :colonhash:
Original post by samba
Makes no difference is you mention it or not. You can arrange the support once you have a conditional offer without a problem, ask for a DSA form after you apply, and admissions tutors will not see that box. The only difference it will make is the admin of the uni asking you to contact disability services, and SFE sending out a DSA form.

Ah that's cool, cheers!
Original post by tasha96
Cant do this and dont want to and they wont stop screaming :cry2:

you can do this!
i really cant do this.

Yes you can and for the future, maybe have something in every room, which will make you feel safe and comfortable? And you can do it, I am sure!

Latest