The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

£16m too, 16 ****ing million! You can't make this up!
Piers Morgan says we are in for two more defensive players. He broke the Welbeck story two hours before SSN.
Reply 7642
Original post by little_tom
Piers Morgan says we are in for two more defensive players. He broke the Welbeck story two hours before SSN.

TOM

please don't do this to me

How does Piers know anyway
Original post by AR_95
TOM

He gets inside knowledge.

It was a deal to shut him up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sevchenko
Chambers CDM?

chambers cant play everywhere..

Currently he could be our 2nd choice RB, 3rd choice CB, and now 3rd choice CDM

need more then 1 player for 3 roles..
Reply 7645
Knew this window was going the flop massively. The evidence was there with letting Sagna go and then going to replace him Debuchy (doesn't make any footballing and financial sense whatsoever), what a massive downgrade but the fan base have fooled themselves that it was a good deal because Debuchy is excellent (more like okay) attacking. Only been here 5 games and has already cost us a few goals and many more chances that really should have been converted into goals and he tried his best to relegate us to the Europa league (I actually won't mind EL- would like a few unsolicited trips to the eastern blocs). Rest assured, many more to come. Oh Bacary we miss and need you.

Plus, letting Cesc and Mandz go elsewhere.

These three are unforgivable.

The rest are understandable. Cavani was never going to materialise and didn't make sense when you consider his wages roughly 180k post tax, a year into a 5 year contract after been signed for £57m just last year and Zlatan announcing his retirements plan; PSG were never selling him. Falcao just wasn't going to happen because Mendes (I speculate same thing stymied Carvalho's deal from materialising).

But the good thing is that hopefully our gullible fanbase on twitter stop listening to this so called ITKs. They know nothing and are only using their guesses to further themselves e.g. Jamie Sanderson of metro.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
:rofl:

You guys should really sell us Blackett. Pretty sure Arsene is taking advise from N****aeme atm.

Original post by AR_95
return of THE 419

Original post by Peggles_*
LOOOOOL!

Perfect way to return!

Don't call it a come back I.....................probably won't post much anymore more.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7646
Can't believe Welbeck is actually going to be playing in an Arsenal shirt. FFS. Still, beggars can't be choosers and all. This teaches us not to slate other players from now on...

Cleverely isn't actually so **** you know.
Original post by AR_95
TOM

He used to be an editorial director so I am sure he knows a person or two. Whether we are interested in another player is obvious, its just whether we can get it done by 11.
Original post by samiz20891
Koscienly, Debuchy, Chambers, Mertesaker, Gibbs, Monreal. Then a couple of reserves in Bellerin and Hayden. Looks a little bare tbh, only really 3 center backs and 3 full backs with a few reserves and chambers being able to play as a fullback/center back/cdm.

more then bare.. its dangerous

A couple of injuries and the season is in dire circumstances..

This was wengers priority a few weeks back, it was the one signign he confirmed he was in for, and said publicaly he would try and get...

Whats happened??
Even though 16 million is too much for Welbeck - is better than Sanogo right?
I really want to believe that we are still in for a few more defensive players..

But I cant at all see anything hapening, if it were - surely anything would have been all over SSN for a while now.. they dont miss things until the last hour on deadline day..

Think its welbeck of nothing
Reply 7651
16m for Welbeck?
Yeah arsene goes on and on about us not being in for a striker, and we get a striker. Yet he's been saying for weeks that he knows we need defensive cover, and we've got nobody.

Incompetence
Original post by jit987
Even though 16 million is too much for Welbeck - is better than Sanogo right?

Yes but anyone would be better than Sanogo.

LOOOL! Geraint Hughes moved inside of the emirates, they were too rowdy for him outside!!
We're paying £16m for ****ing Welbeck! After we (Wenger) are so stingey with money, this happens! FFS! I am actually boiling with rage.
nah no-one else is coming, naive and ignorant from Arsene to trust our defence to hold out for a whole season with the players we have. Also disappointed with no midfield signing, would swap Welbeck for one right now.
Original post by cleveradam
Breaking news on Sky Sports: Arsenal have confirmed that Danny Welbeck has completed his £27million move to Manchester United.

LELLLLLELLEEL

This made me laugh
inb4 Wenger plays Welbeck on the wing
Reply 7658
Original post by e aí rapaz
Yeah arsene goes on and on about us not being in for a striker, and we get a striker. Yet he's been saying for weeks that he knows we need defensive cover, and we've got nobody.

Incompetence

The incompetence comes from not signing who we need, not what he's said. We've all known Arsene chats breeze and can't be taken at his word. Still, if we manage to nab Nastasic at the eleventh hour this window won't have been so bad.
Original post by Tom_Ford
We're paying £16m for ****ing Welbeck! After we (Wenger) are so stingey with money, this happens! FFS! I am actually boiling with rage.

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
nah no-one else is coming, naive and ignorant from Arsene to trust our defence to hold out for a whole season with the players we have. Also disappointed with no midfield signing, would swap Welbeck for one right now.

Basically funding United's loan signing of Falcao

Latest