The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
stupid when you consider how many injuries gibbs seems to pick up these days

And considering Monreal can just about play LB, CB will be a scary sight.
15 minutes - not looking good :frown:
Seems like both United and Arsenal fans hoping for more than the Welbeck + Falcao deals... doesnt look like its happening!
Reply 7703
Original post by DDan123
That's because Arsene has always played him upfront alone. Thing is when he was at Cologne, he played as a second striker with Novakovic upfront. And he ended up banging 18 league goals before joining us. So IMO I really think Podolski would do well if he played upfront with someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No argument here. But even as a second striker, I'd still play Yaya over Poldi. I don't see the same Poldi as the one that played for the Koln side (going by how people keep going on about how wonderful he was). He's not a player for a top side and as much as a human violation it is to wish against him, I want him out. Hopefully to Koln because they're the perfect couple :love:

Original post by Tom_Ford
I'd honestly rather play Podolski up front. Just my opinion. At least he has a half decent game once in a while. Sanogo has been bad everytime.

United tbh are going to turn it around sooner or later, they've bought too much quality not to. We have been totally outshone by them in the market. It is very frustrating to see.

It works goths ways because so has Yaya when he played with Giroud in the FA final. No Yaya, no FA cup.

I hope they do. 6th place please.

No one outshone us, we refused to turn up. Internal solutions ftw.

-----
On Campbell, was at the u21 game last week. He didn't really amaze but tbh, he was having a stroll so difficult to make judgement. Hayden is a ****ing BEAST and Crowley carries more muscle than the TV pictures suggests; maybe he's been on ICF.
Original post by little_tom
The Times say Monreal will be used as our 4th choice CB. No more signings. Wenger doesn't really help himself sometimes.

Do you think he should step down if you come 4th again?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Oh stop it!! Let it go, its done, finito, the end!

11 minutes left..

given up on anything bar welbeck.. and even that is looking tight..

will be positive for another 10 minutes..
Not buying a CB is utterly utterly indefensible. Signing Welbeck or not.
Guys would you rather we didn't get welbeck and falcao loan fell through or both go through. Reckon he makes them a threat to top 4?
Reply 7708
think we can go until january without a defender, if we get lucky with injuries..

But I have no forgiveness for wenger, when it comes to DM/CDM, raboit was on a plate.. calvaho would have left for the right price.. and yet in a few weeks we will face city with arteta or flamini..

Jeeze.

- Staying positive

Rabiot isn't this DM/CDM people were calling. A proper B2B player he is. Amazing talent. He's more of a Vieira than Gilberto. He's not the players you were all yearning for but would've been a great coup.
Selling Vermaelen just makes no sense at this stage.
Original post by jam278
Do you think he should step down if you come 4th again?

for me, yes. no question..

I wont be calling for his head until the season ends, but anything less then a title challenge, and a decent run at a trophy, is un acceptable.

I was 100% on board with the whole 'maintaining top4 is great whilst we cannot afford to spend and keep players'

But thats not the case any more.. we have money, we have the abilty to keep layers, there is litterally no excuse not to be investing and pushing for a challenge..

If wenger can make this current team challenge for trophies (and have a chance of winning) then fair enough, great.. will be with him fully, but if he cant, and he fails with this team, dispite passing up the opertunity to invest. If that happens the failure is on him, and at that point I will be fully wenger-out
11 minutes left..

given up on anything bar welbeck.. and even that is looking tight..

will be positive for another 10 minutes..

Looool 6mins left.

I'm crying real tears through my lol's btw.
Original post by 419
Rabiot isn't this DM/CDM people were calling. A proper B2B player he is. Amazing talent. He's more of a Vieira than Gilberto. He's not the players you were all yearning for but would've been a great coup.

I just cant take another season of arteta and flamini man :frown:
Reply 7713
Original post by Pete_91
Guys would you rather we didn't get welbeck and falcao loan fell through or both go through. Reckon he makes them a threat to top 4?

Whatever scenario means that we don't get Welbeck is what I'm hoping for. United can get Hummels, Vidal, Messi, Ronaldo and Falcao in the process for all I care.
(edited 9 years ago)
Looool 6mins left.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 419
Whatever scenario means that we don't get Welbeck if what I'm hoping for. United can get Hummels, Vidal, Messi, Ronaldo and Falcao in the process for all I care.

Clearly that isn't good for us...
wenger is done.last season for him I hope

this aint 2003 fxck right off
Looool 6mins left.

Geniunly I have kept positive all day..

I was at work, kept checking, saw nothing, thought things were happening behind the scenes..

Saw welbeck rumours thought 'great' position sorted.. now surely we will hear about the other 2 positions..

1 Hour left 'still time'

30 minutes left.. A little nervous, but still time..

5 minutes left.. Hanging on to a single thread of positivity, as it looks like we may miss out on welbeck and everyone else..

This is looking dire.
5 minutes...:colone:
Nooooooo, less than 4 mins!

Latest