The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Who else here watches LatoyaForever's vlogs on youtube??????

Or who watches eastenders?

I'm hooked on both this summer

Drama is the only word I can describe LatoyaForever's vlog.
Btw is her husband really Somali?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Ooh mashallah. And I'm going Nottingham Trent, English with lingustics. :P

Masha'Allah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yuyú
Hey! thinking about shaving my head would it look weird with a hijab?

Not sure, but I don't think that is allowed islamically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Because I am nice :wink: x :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks hun. :biggrin: It's just, I'm not used to seeing stuff like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GreenArrow
Thanks hun. :biggrin: It's just, I'm not used to seeing stuff like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha dw, xx
I was thinking the same.
Innocent :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brown shuga

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm I never knew that, is just that I have some serious medical issues with my scalp and the GP recommended it.

oh well I guess I'll have to deal with it :frown:
Original post by Yuyú
hmm I never knew that, is just that I have some serious medical issues with my scalp and the GP recommended it.

Allah doesn't burden a soul.
If it's for medical reasons, I am sure there are exceptions :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh really ?! Is it because it would be considered trying to look like a man or..

Tbh I hate cutting more that an inch of my hair it just kills me 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yuyú

Sis, have a look at this. It is allowed in cases of necessity. The link below explains it :smile:

May Allah (SWT) give shifaa

http://islamqa.info/en/1184

And Allah knows best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Allah doesn't burden a soul.
If it's for medical reasons, I am sure there are exceptions :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True dat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GreenArrow
Drama is the only word I can describe LatoyaForever's vlog.
Btw is her husband really Somali?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg are you a hunty tooo?? :awesome: ah i cant get enough of her vlogs lol

And hes a mix of tanzanian, indian, somali and yemeni. Hes better looking than her in my opinion but shes gorgeous too

Original post by Yuyú

Just do it if you have medical issues. Its fine and it wont look that weird with hijab if you put a hairband on your underscarf (creating the illusion you have hair and its in a bun) :smile:
Hey I wanted to ask u guys sth
So when ur watching TV and people kiss (no nakedness and all that yeah ) do you guys look away coz I literally feel so voyeristic and Pervy even if people are just talking in an intimite (romantically) manner but some of my muslim friends somali and non somali alike literally just gawp and even sometimes comment like its a cash ting

Lemme know what u do and why ( like is it the way u were raised etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OfMonsters..
So when ur watching TV and people kiss (no nakedness and all that yeah ) do you guys look away coz I literally feel so voyeristic and Pervy even if people are just talking in an intimite (romantically) manner but some of my muslim friends somali and non somali alike literally just gawp and even sometimes comment like its a cash ting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look away, from an early age. Just a habit I guess and it is so bloody uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Sis, have a look at this. It is allowed in cases of necessity. The link below explains it :smile:

May Allah (SWT) give shifaa

http://islamqa.info/en/1184

And Allah knows best.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jazaki Allahu khairan sis, the link was super helpful :smile: I'm gonna ask my GP for some other ways of dealing with it..as I really don't wanna cut ma hair :tongue:

Sameee
Even if you put religion aside it just feels like I'm invading people' privacy that why I don't get why it's normal for some people ?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yuyú
Jazaki Allahu khairan sis, the link was super helpful :smile: I'm gonna ask my GP for some other ways of dealing with it..as I really don't wanna cut ma hair :tongue:

Wa iyaak :smile: iA hope you find another solution :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OfMonsters..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look away, from an early age. Just a habit I guess and it is so bloody uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same as brown suga. I cant look. We've been taught to look away as kids and we've all carried that as we grew up lol. When me and my sisters are watching tv and a kissing scene comes up, we all stare at eachother awkawardly until it finishes pahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I totally get what u mean
But it's funny how the younger generation are obsessed with all this girlfriend boyfriend / kissing malarkey,
I actually caught my cousins watching some random CBC show about wolves? And secretly waiting for the main guy and girl to kiss while one of them was watching the door in case someone came In - little did they know I was in the corner behind a big sofa just reading ( I was literally soo shocked and had to sit them down for a serious looooong talk ) I guess that's the negatives to raising kids in the west 😦

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone recommend any good arabic songs/singers?!?! I'm currently obsessed with Saad Lamjarred!! he's moroccan :biggrin:
[QUOTE="OfMonsters..;50022919"]Yeah I totally get what u mean
But it's funny how the younger generation are obsessed with all this girlfriend boyfriend / kissing malarkey,
I actually caught my cousins watching some random CBC show about wolves? And secretly waiting for the main guy and girl to kiss while one of them was watching the door in case someone came In - little did they know I was in the corner behind a big sofa just reading ( I was literally soo shocked and had to sit them down for a serious looooong talk ) I guess that's the negatives to raising kids in the west ������

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
ahaha you're sooo right! ma cousins are like that too that's one of the main reasons as to why I'm not planning on raising my kids in the UK they're so corrupted lol

Quick Reply

Latest