The Student Room Group

Guy from night out turns out to be cheating lowlife

So I was out the other night for my friend's birthday and there was this guy who wouldn't stop looking at me/smiling all night, eventually he came over and started talking to me, he was nice enough and relatively good looking, if a little keen. We hung out for a bit and at the end of the night ended up kissing and exchanging numbers.

My friends wanted to go before the place shut, he wanted me to go back with him so I could stay out longer (I was away from home so had to stay somewhere) but obviously that wasn't going to happen. I went home with my friends.

Anyway, he texts me a couple of days later, just general chitchat to begin with but then he straight out asks me for sex. With any guy this is my cue to stop replying. Today it came up on my phone that he'd added me as a friend on Facebook but when I looked he'd cancelled it so it had obviously been an accident. I had a look at his profile saw that he was in a relationship... And had been since 2009.

Part of me feels compelled to message his girlfriend and let her know what a disgusting, cheating scumbag her lowlife boyfriend is, because if it was me, I'd want to know what he was really like and that I was wasting my time. But having flicked through her profile pictures a lot of them are of the two of them together, and she looks really happy.

Help?

Tl;dr guy chats me up on night out, we kiss, exchange numbers. He texts me asking for sex. He accidentally adds me on Facebook, turns out he has a girlfriend of 5 years. Do I tell her what happened?
Yeah, I think you should. I'd want to know and I think pretty much anyone would want to know if they'd been cheated on.
Definitely message the girlfriend. It's better she finds out now than when she's married with kids. Besides just because her pictures show she's happy it doesn't necessarily mean that she actually is. She may already suspect she's cheating and this is the kick up the butt she needs.
As the girlfriend, I'd want to know too. I'd confront him before I think of saying anything to her though...
no what a playa, was he ripped?

If so then since zeus is a phaggot, he must be the son of zyzz himself.

Don't tell her, and don't listen to any females here - telling you otherwise.
Original post by joker12345
Yeah, I think you should. I'd want to know and I think pretty much anyone would want to know if they'd been cheated on.

But his girlfriend is ugly and I am much better looking, oh my goodness please help me!
I'd say keep out of other people's buisness, but if you do tell her it's his own fault.
Reply 7
Happy photos don't mean anything. She could be cheating on him and he could be trying to get back at her. Or they could just both be unhappy and playing away. Thing is, you don't know.
Don't assume he is a lowlife because of what he is doing, you don't know the situation and how the relationship is or what she could be doing. You have to think of the reason he is doing it.

Either confront him and ask him why, or just ignore. Probably best not to get in between them especially if they are living together.
(edited 9 years ago)
Confront him

Then tell her
Original post by Strawberrycayk
As the girlfriend, I'd want to know too. I'd confront him before I think of saying anything to her though...

What would confronting him achieve?
Tell her straight up. She will probably slag you off but at least she'll know. I wonder how long he's been getting with other girls...
Original post by joker12345
What would confronting him achieve?

I'd personally want to know why he thinks it's okay to cheat on his gf with me, I'd be ashamed of myself if I was ever the 'other woman' (knowingly), to me that's disrespectful towards his girlfriend as well as myself and I'm not cool with with that. Kind of like a "do I have a sticker on my head that says I'd be okay with this?" question. Also to make him feel ****.
I'd personally want to know why he thinks it's okay to cheat on his gf with me, I'd be ashamed of myself if I was ever the 'other woman' (knowingly), to me that's disrespectful towards his girlfriend as well as myself and I'm not cool with with that. Kind of like a "do I have a sticker on my head that says I'd be okay with this?" question. Also to make him feel ****.

This ^

And for those saying to stay out of other people's business - he's made it my business by making me the "other woman"

I asked him why he'd cheat on his girlfriend of 5 years, his answer was "I don't know. Stupidity!"
Reply 13
Wow. So judgemental.

Okay, fair enough. I mean, I doubt he'll give her a decent answer (he didn't in this case) as there's really not much justification! But could certainly tell him to fess up, I'm sure his gf eoild rather hear it from him.
Chances are she would just be giving him a chance to tell a load of bs ti his girlfriend that she would probably be a sucker for. He basically wanted you for a one night stand for sex for his own fun, never mind how cheap you would had felt had you gone for it. You were never anything more than that to him and if he has done it once he'll do it again. The way he saw it he put in the man hours so he thought might as well just ask you for it.

Would'nt blame you if you told her, you were not at fault here but I would be prepared for her to blame you anyway as I would say there's a high probability she will give you sh*t over it and probably all parties will feel bad. However, I think you would eventually feel justified for doing so that you haven't allowed him to go round treating you and other girls like nothing more than faney.
Original post by Clip
Wow. So judgemental.

Why do so many guys think cheating is justifiable!? Cheating is never justifiable.
Original post by Anonymous
This ^

And for those saying to stay out of other people's business - he's made it my business by making me the "other woman"

I asked him why he'd cheat on his girlfriend of 5 years, his answer was "I don't know. Stupidity!"

Wow, dramatic enough. You kissed and sent a couple of texts, you weren't "the other woman".
Original post by Mankytoes
Wow, dramatic enough. You kissed and sent a couple of texts, you weren't "the other woman".

Not to the same extent I would be had I slept with him. But I am the other woman in the respect that he cheated on his girlfriend with me.
Original post by Anonymous
Do I tell her what happened?

Yes tell her. Bros before hoes, or whatever the female version is.

If you were the girlfriend, you would want the person to tell you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending