The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OfMonsters..
Yeah I totally get what u mean
But it's funny how the younger generation are obsessed with all this girlfriend boyfriend / kissing malarkey,
I actually caught my cousins watching some random CBC show about wolves? And secretly waiting for the main guy and girl to kiss while one of them was watching the door in case someone came In - little did they know I was in the corner behind a big sofa just reading ( I was literally soo shocked and had to sit them down for a serious looooong talk ) I guess that's the negatives to raising kids in the west 😦

Posted from TSR Mobile

That made me laugh, Lool. Each generals is worse than its previous. It becomes normal for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Secretnerd123
Same as brown suga. I cant look. We've been taught to look away as kids and we've all carried that as we grew up lol. When me and my sisters are watching tv and a kissing scene comes up, we all stare at eachother awkawardly until it finishes pahahaha

Ikr! It is the worst when your brother is there, Tribble awkward!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Yuyú;50023167"]
Yeah I totally get what u mean
But it's funny how the younger generation are obsessed with all this girlfriend boyfriend / kissing malarkey,
I actually caught my cousins watching some random CBC show about wolves? And secretly waiting for the main guy and girl to kiss while one of them was watching the door in case someone came In - little did they know I was in the corner behind a big sofa just reading ( I was literally soo shocked and had to sit them down for a serious looooong talk ) I guess that's the negatives to raising kids in the west ������

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
ahaha you're sooo right! ma cousins are like that too that's one of the main reasons as to why I'm not planning on raising my kids in the UK they're so corrupted lol

Yeah I'm planing raising them in an Islamic country inshallah toouch fitna in the west. Imagine if their like this in primary school what are they gonna be doing in secondary and college etc 😟

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone ever watch another person's eyes, to see if their watching it? and when you tell them to stop, they look elsewhere?

Always happens with my 12 year old Brother. :ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yuyú
can anyone recommend any good arabic songs/singers?!?! I'm currently obsessed with Saad Lamjarred!! he's moroccan :biggrin:

OMG mal habibi malou is the best !!

Try Ehab tawfik tetra ghafeya

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brown shuga
That made me laugh, Lool. Each generals is worse than its previous. It becomes normal for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I like that !! So true subhannalah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ikr! It is the worst when your brother is there, Tribble awkward!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eeeek

Or when ur innocently watching sth and all of a sudden, BOOM scene changes and 😵 and guaranteed at this point ur mom/dad/random elder is walking past and only good knows what they THINK you were doing

Facepalm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg are you a hunty tooo?? :awesome: ah i cant get enough of her vlogs lol

And hes a mix of tanzanian, indian, somali and yemeni. Hes better looking than her in my opinion but shes gorgeous too

Huuunttiees!!! Yeah I kinda am :biggrin:
Her vlogs are hilarious. I think she is a total opposite from Adam, he's very calm and collective. And she is soo bubbly and funny.

It's odd how he never mentions anything about his background :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Does anyone ever watch another person's eyes, to see if their watching it? and when you tell them to stop, they look elsewhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooool haram police :wink:

My lil cousin always tried to convince us she would be doing us a favour by having to do the "horrible" job of looking at all the nasty so she could tell us when it was "safe" to look ....yeah she was about 6 give or take at that point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Look away, from an early age. Just a habit I guess and it is so bloody uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The unexpected ones are the worst :redface: like you just see it and then turn around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

This made me LOOOOL. I'm always that person whos looking if theyre looking xD
Loooool haram police :wink:

My lil cousin always tried to convince us she would be doing us a favour by having to do the "horrible" job of looking at all the nasty so she could tell us when it was "safe" to look ....yeah she was about 6 give or take at that point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahahahahha no way! A 6 year old?! Bless her :lol:
Original post by GreenArrow
Huuunttiees!!! Yeah I kinda am :biggrin:
Her vlogs are hilarious. I think she is a total opposite from Adam, he's very calm and collective. And she is soo bubbly and funny.

It's odd how he never mentions anything about his background :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They went tanzania a few months ago when she had red hair. But yeah he doesn't talk about it much

And lol yeah they're complete opposites.
Original post by Biryani007
Ahahahahha no way! A 6 year old?! Bless her :lol:

Bwahahahah I know I didn't actually realise the gravity of what she was saying at first but yeah I guess they start young these days she also used to dance really 😳 too much freedom on the internet I guess

But subhannalah I've stories of siblings kissing at bedtime ( under 8 years old) cuz they wanted to try it as they had seen it on TV 😱

Wallahi parents really need to control what their kids watch coz all of kids are getting their minds completely warped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bwahahahah I know I didn't actually realise the gravity of what she was saying at first but yeah I guess they start young these days she also used to dance really 😳 too much freedom on the internet I guess

But subhannalah I've stories of siblings kissing at bedtime ( under 8 years old) cuz they wanted to try it as they had seen it on TV 😱

Wallahi parents really need to control what their kids watch coz all of kids are getting their minds completely warped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Subhannallah that's is disgusting. This is why applaud parents who don't have a tv at home, especially when children are young.

As a parent you should be able to control and be conscious of what your kids watch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subhannallah that's is disgusting. This is why applaud parents who don't have a tv at home, especially when children are young.

As a parent you should be able to control and be conscious of what your kids watch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ufff I know May Allah guide us all

Some people literally use the TV as a virtual babysitter, you know it always makes me think of that argument some parents make when the say "oh my daughter doesn't leave the house...she's always in her room" ???
Is that some kind of achievement because in this day and age there is as much fitna in the online world as there is in the real world if not more - there are muslim girls and boys that don't leave the house yet get upto all kinds online

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

May Allah protect and guide us!
That's really bad mannn!!!
It's a huge responsibility raising children..you can't just leave them to figure things out themselves at such a young age. They need to be guided until they're able to fend for themselves. That's why I want to make sure I introduce deen to them from a young age inshaaA. I've seen how crazy some kids are (including my brothers and sisters, and me at one point) - messing around, being rude, being cheeky, etc, and I just can't let my kids be like that.
I wouldn't want to get a TV because it does more harm than good tbh. If I really need to watch something or if I want to show my kids something then a computer can do the job as well as a TV. No computer for them either unless it's for homework and no phones until high school (if they need one). I sound so mean :lol:
Plus I'd love to move to a Muslim country because there'll be a limited amount of peer pressure in terms of drugs, alcohol, etc and I feel like this country is going to get even wilder :redface:
Original post by Biryani007
May Allah protect and guide us!
That's really bad mannn!!!
It's a huge responsibility raising children..you can't just leave them to figure things out themselves at such a young age. They need to be guided until they're able to fend for themselves. That's why I want to make sure I introduce deen to them from a young age inshaaA. I've seen how crazy some kids are (including my brothers and sisters, and me at one point) - messing around, being rude, being cheeky, etc, and I just can't let my kids be like that.
I wouldn't want to get a TV because it does more harm than good tbh. If I really need to watch something or if I want to show my kids something then a computer can do the job as well as a TV. No computer for them either unless it's for homework and no phones until high school (if they need one). I sound so mean :lol:
Plus I'd love to move to a Muslim country because there'll be a limited amount of peer pressure in terms of drugs, alcohol, etc and I feel like this country is going to get even wilder :redface:

Trust me there is just as much peer pressure in Muslim countries. Everything available in the western countries is available here and imo the Arabs (teens especially) here are just as bad as the Westerners (not all of them of course). Majority of the people (Arabs, Westerners, Africans etc) I go to school with are into drugs, shisha, smoking, sex etc. Granted it may be because I go to a British school but still..it's freaking Saudi Arabia and most of them are Muslims. The fact that drugs, alcohol etc is banned makes it all the more enticing, i guess.

Just had to put that out there. Muslims in Western countries always mention how everything is better in Muslim/Arab countries. They haven't got any idea of the stuff that happens here haha. If only they knew.. :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Who else here watches LatoyaForever's vlogs on youtube??????

Or who watches eastenders?

I'm hooked on both this summer

Gyal I watch Eastenders, not my cup of tea but kinda interesting hahhahhahah:biggrin:
Original post by pbunny
Trust me there is just as much peer pressure in Muslim countries. Everything available in the western countries is available here and imo the Arabs (teens especially) here are just as bad as the Westerners (not all of them of course). Majority of the people (Arabs, Westerners, Africans etc) I go to school with are into drugs, shisha, smoking, sex etc. Granted it may be because I go to a British school but still..it's freaking Saudi Arabia and most of them are Muslims. The fact that drugs, alcohol etc is banned makes it all the more enticing, i guess.

Just had to put that out there. Muslims in Western countries always mention how everything is better in Muslim/Arab countries. They haven't got any idea of the stuff that happens here haha. If only they knew.. :redface:

Oh man! What about the actual Arab schools in Saudi? I've just started learning Arabic and hope to teach my kids it inshaaA. But that is so messed up man! Where abouts in Saudi do you live?
Thanks for the info though :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest