The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Finally something we argue on. No excuses not get a DM (along with a ST and back up CB)

Don't see how I am lowering my point, I was referring to last season. By dint of the fact that they finished above us, they are already ahead of us and they have only moved further away by getting the players they needed and us not doing so, again. City were light-years ahead and will continue, Chelsea getting Costa and Cesc have pushed themselves further up and Liverpool singing 9 thousand players to replace 1 could end up going the Spurs way but it could equally be a stroke of genius.

We wanted Smalling or Jones, but United weren't having it. The kit man was at Colney today, doing a bit of ironing and saw Welbeck with the England squad training and whatsapped Arsene.

I just don't believe that we wanted Jones or smalling, Cleverly was a push but Welbeck seems the only one we genuinely would have wanted.

Just need to see how it goes now, swap back to 4-2-3-1 hopefulyy walcott will be back by city gameand you can't deny Walcott/ Ox, Welbeck, Sanchez front three wouldn't be all that bad. Have Ozil playing in middle and then Ramsey and Flam/Arteta/Wilshere in CM/CDM. No major injuries to defence and we're not in too bad a situation.

Oh, and doubt it ould be whatapp, that **** cost 99p after a year Wenger would defo not stretch for that with free mesengers on the market.

More likely the kit man snapchatted a pic of Welbeck with the caption £16mil? and Wenger mistook him for Sturridge :P
I'd say Chelsea have been the best. 9.5/10
United 8/10
Liverpool Idontevenknow/10
Arsenal 6.5-7/10
Man City well... I didn't even know where their weaknesses were.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'd say Chelsea have been the best. 9.5/10
United 8/10
Liverpool Idontevenknow/10
Arsenal 6.5-7/10
Man City well... I didn't even know where their weaknesses were.

CB and CM backup (they signed both: mangala and fernando)
but got rid of Negredo.

So 7/10 for them too.
Original post by Pete_91
6/10 window from us. Would have been a 4 if not for Sanchez.

I'd go 4.5-5/10.

I don't think people realise how important a quality ST and DM was for us to really do something this season. We may not have taken a massive step back, but those around us have definitely moved further away.
I'd go 4.5-5/10.

I don't think people realise how important a quality ST and DM was for us to really do something this season. We may not have taken a massive step back, but those around us have definitely moved further away.

Liverpool have stayed the same
Chelsea have moved away a fair bit
City have probably moved very slightly further away
United are still awful defensively, though they'll catch up a bit
Spurs are as far away as they were last year.
Everton might be closer though, probably the same though.

top 2: City and Chelsea
3/4 Liverpool and Arsenal
5 Spurs/United/Everton

IF United had bought a CB I'd have put them in our bracket.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
CB and CM backup (they signed both: mangala and fernando)
but got rid of Negredo.

So 7/10 for them too.

Fair enough. That Mangala guy was expensive uno
So, what we giving the transfer window out of 10? Should we get Welbeck of course.

Would give it a 6.5, no CDM or experienced CB replacement is a worry, but we replaced what we lost with better players in every case imo.

So long as we tell the fullbacks not to attack as much it lowers the need to have CDM's as the problem with most of the goals has been fullbacks charging up and no CDM to cover leaving Merta and Chambers to push wide to cover and completely committing themselves in 50/50's on the counter. Monreal has actually been quite impressive defensively so if we told him to stay back then we may be strong.

Needed a solid defender to make it an 8 a CDM to make it 9 and another amazing striker to make it 10
Reply 7807
Is a meltdown worthy after a 6/7 out of ten window realistically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. Because we have lost two experienced defenders in Sagna and TV5 and their replacements are not really convincing so far. Also we have failed to add depth to that defence.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Yes. Because we have lost two experienced defenders in Sagna and TV5 and their replacements are not really convincing so far. Also we have failed to add depth to that defence.

TV5 was garbage let's not sugarcoat that fact.
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.

Because we don't have the ST or DM we were all begging for at the end of the season.

That's too high a score anyway!
Original post by De Chirico
TV5 was garbage let's not sugarcoat that fact.

Would still have preferred to keep him as cover. He would do against lower end of the table teams.
7 points off the title last season and the positions that needed to be strengthened weren't so yes, a disappointing window if we take into account all the "progression" bs that has been spouted
Original post by Tom_Ford

Chambers isn't convincing?
Our window has been a 4. Signed a luxury player and neglected our clear weak points. No CDM brought in and we are very bare in defence, a couple defensive injuries and we are ****ed. Should have used the Sanchez money on a proper striker.

Also most of the players brought in have been replacements, not additions.
Remember when Zurich was telling us how Arsenal can afford any player this window
Stress levels were raised massively tonight, I deserve a good sleep.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Remember when Zurich was telling us how Arsenal can afford any player this window

I'm pretty sure we can that's the frustrating thing.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Chambers isn't convincing?

He's good but a bit inexperienced.
Original post by Pete_91
I'm pretty sure we can that's the frustrating thing.

i'm not denying that you can

Latest