The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Complex Simplicity
is he better than a fully fit RVP?

RVP offers more in link up play. Falcao has 4 assists in 88 games...

Their goalscoring rates are similar too since 2011 so I'd rather have RVP.
Original post by Tom_Ford

With injuries to our defence (when they happen) we will be ****ed. Like big time ****ed.

united easily have the best attack, followed by city, liverpool, chelsea..............................................arsenal.

although in fairness, arsenal's midfield is among the best.

as somebody else mentioned, any injuries for arsenal and united would definitely mess them up, particularly in midfield/defence.
(edited 9 years ago)
C'mon guys it's not all doom and gloom (Trying to inject some positivity here) we could have signed nobody at all!
Original post by Lúcio
united easily have the best attack, followed by city, liverpool, chelsea..............................................arsenal.
Not really so sure tbh. I think City are pretty much level tbh. They have the benefit of certainly. Neither RVP or Rooney are in top form, and Falcao hasn't kicked a ball in the PL and is only a few games back from injury. Arsenal's forward options are bad though, basically all three are squad players. Silver lining being Sanchez, Ramsey and Walcott are all goalscorers.
Original post by Lúcio

although in fairness, arsenal's midfield is among the best.

as somebody else mentioned, any injuries for arsenal and united would definitely mess them up, particularly in midfield/defence.

Chelseas > Liverpools tbh
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
C'mon guys it's not all doom and gloom (Trying to inject some positivity here) we could have signed nobody at all!

But we've signed Welbeck. So we basically have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Banter window.
Original post by Tom_Ford
I'll be honest, the guy is as good as your typical continental up and coming strikers (e.g. your Immobiles and the like). The problem is, for our team he is probably going to be another squad player that Wenger hopes will turn out to be great. I.e. Another big gamble. We just have to accept we're not United, the higher ups are not the sort that would put £200k a week on for a star striker.
Then again, not even Bayern imo are really in that bracket because to me they just buy the right players very effectively, pretty much the opposite to us really. They hardly break the bank, but they always seem to buy the right players at reasonable prices.

I reckon Welbeck can work in our system as long as he gains more composure in front of goal; and if anyone can make that happen it's Wenger - Ramsey's an example of this.

Alexis Welbeck Walcott
Ozil
Diaby Ramsey

Deadly on the counter.
If you want to be cheered up, check out Leeds United's Twitter timeline
Our extension expires in 5 minutes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal have 240 seconds.
Looool who does these???

Original post by manchesterunited15
Chelseas > Liverpools tbh

tbh, i was debating between liverpool and chelsea

costa = sturridge
balo > remy
drogba > lambert

only my opinion, so i'd say they're about even.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Looool who does these???

Mikesanz19 most likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Not really so sure tbh. I think City are pretty much level tbh. They have the benefit of certainly. Neither RVP or Rooney are in top form, and Falcao hasn't kicked a ball in the PL and is only a few games back from injury. Arsenal's forward options are bad though, basically all three are squad players. Silver lining being Sanchez, Ramsey and Walcott are all goalscorers.

i think on paper, united is better - rooney, RVP and falcao is almost as good as it gets.
bit city forwards on form are near invincible.

yeah, arsenal are in trouble but for all we know, welbeck could work perfectly in their system.
ITS DONE it's confirmed on twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/arsenal
blast off.
jesus christ, took your time!

love the suspense, all this tension.....to sign welbeck.
Congrats guys
Arsenal have signed Welbeck. Going to miss him so much.

Latest