The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
Only a liverpool fan could say costa = sturridge :lol:

I'm a Chelsea fan and say Costa=Sturridge.

I have my reasons but look at their records so far and that Sturridge has got the best goalscoring rate of a liverpool striker in history(considering owen, Fowler, Torres etc.) it's a remarkable record. He's severely underrated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by liarpoker
welbeck on 100k..

Was on £105k at United apparently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7882
Original post by Peggles_*
Massively underwhelming.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: Almost feel sorry for you, but we're ****ed too.

Mutual enemy = Liverpool.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Funny thing is, we got the extension and then waited literary till the last few seconds to announce it.

That's Wenger trolling y'all. He was busy refereeing a charity match in Italy, acting like he doesn't give a ****. The guy is a don. He waits until the last possible second to launch the news.

Original post by samba
How upbeat/downbeat are you about welbeck?

Very upbeat. I think he will be good for us, and he fills the quota for homegrown players, meaning we can still get someone decent from Europe in January.
Reply 7885
Original post by jam278
I'm a Chelsea fan and say Costa=Sturridge.

You're insane too then.
Original post by samba
You're insane too then.

Not really. Called Sturridge will come good second he came Liverpool for years.

Got the fastest goalscoring rate of any Liverpool player in history. Equally as good finisher as Costa, provides pace, dribbling etc. Costa is stronger and got better linkup though.

Also you were saying he'd be a flop for Chelsea and we should have gone for Cavani earlier in the window... So unless you believe that Sturridge is a flop you have changed your tune.
Reply 7887
I think we should all have a beer right now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man utd fans on twitter are putting us to shame. Wishing Welbeck all the best and saying how he's gonna bang at Arsenal.

Tbf though our circumstances were quite different.
Original post by samba
Only a liverpool fan could say costa = sturridge :lol:

Original post by jam278
x

i agree with jam here.

i wouldn't say there was a significant difference between them last season if you look at the stats.

lets also not forget that costa was the main man with atletico whereas sturridge was at times overshadowed by suarez.

i think this season costa will have a better campaign, but i wouldn't say costa is notably better than sturridge.
but maybe thats just my own bias...
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

He was on 75k.
Original post by jam278

Also you were saying he'd be a flop for Chelsea and we should have gone for Cavani earlier in the window... So unless you believe that Sturridge is a flop you have changed your tune.

Of course he has given Costa doesn't look like flopping so far
Nah he wasn't. At the time of the contract he was pushing for 75k.

Pissed he's been sold though. Good money, but like money matters at United. He was united through and though, you could see it matter to him to wear the shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
BBC: Danny Welbeck was not exactly prolific for Manchester United - scoring 29 goals in 142 appearances - but that's 29 more than Sanogo.

lmao
Reply 7894
Gonna miss Welbeck. I wish him the best, always worked hard for the team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15
BBC: Danny Welbeck was not exactly prolific for Manchester United - scoring 29 goals in 142 appearances - but that's 29 more than Sanogo.

lmao

BBC trolling better than me...:dry:
Original post by Fizzel
Nah he wasn't. At the time of the contract he was pushing for 75k.

Pissed he's been sold though. Good money, but like money matters at United. He was united through and though, you could see it matter to him to wear the shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by rohitbd
He was on 75k.

So we are actually giving him more money?! Christ on a bike!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15

lmao

Nt 2nite pls

Pls.
Listen to the newest A Bergkamp Wonderland podcast, Geoff is such an AKB, so blinded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nt 2nite pls

Pls.

Shh, no tears, only Danny now

Latest