Rooney - £300k-a-week
Di Maria - £250k-a-week
Van Persie - £220k-a-week

Original post by So Instinct
Falcao - £350k-a-week
Rooney - £300k-a-week
Di Maria - £250k-a-week
Van Persie - £220k-a-week

Have United now got the highest wage bill in the league as well as the most expensive squad in the history of the league?

Posted from TSR Mobile
James Pearce saying that our business is done for the night. So thoughts of the transfer window?
Balotelli + Origi + Sturridge + Sterling= B.O.S. S, lol.

Spoiler

How the **** has Angelphys got four bars of rep
Original post by TH3-FL45H
How the **** has Angelphys got four bars of rep

Because they're a B.O.S.S, Lol.
Original post by mr tim
James Pearce saying that our business is done for the night. So thoughts of the transfer window?

bit of a quiet end, but i am extremely happy with this window!

unlike some of our rivals, we have actually strengthened where we required strengthening, buying almost an entire new defence.
we have also acquired adequate high-quality depth to our team to accommodate for the extra european games we will have.

the best transfer window out of every PL club imo.
Reply 1590
Original post by Lúcio
the best transfer window out of every PL club imo.

na, it simply can't be when you lose Suarez. Chelsea have had the best, but I'm happy with ours
Original post by cBay
na, it simply can't be when you lose Suarez. Chelsea have had the best, but I'm happy with ours

it was gonna happen regardless man, we just had to work through it and carry on.

we've spent a LOT of money, but so far i don't feel like we've overpayed.
obviously we haven't yet seen lallana and much of markovic, but other players like moreno and especially lovren have looked good value imo.
Chelsea have had the best window. 8.5/10.

If we bought a RW or a CM then it would be 10/10 and everybody may as well pack their bags and give Chelsea an automatic title win.

Now we might actually have decent competition from you guys and City.
Original post by jam278
Chelsea have had the best window. 8.5/10.

If we bought a RW or a CM then it would be 10/10 and everybody may as well pack their bags and give Chelsea an automatic title win.

Now we might actually have decent competition from you guys and City.

seriously jam, just stop now.

you always act as if we're some kind of massive club with a near perfect squad.

the fact is that city and chelsea weren't playing at 100% last season but we were.
we still only just finished above you and we didn't even win the league.

chelsea and city are a level above everybody else - you were already above us even before this window.
Off to bed.

(expecting to wake up in the morning reading the Falcao deal had fallen through)
Our squad is obviously much stronger than last years so no need to talk about that. We can put out nearly two separate XIs that would challenge for top four

Spoiler

Is the first team stronger? I don't see why not really. We've lost Suarez but brought in a good potentially great replacement, upgraded massively everywhere in defence (and it's Sakho's second season, so he should be more used to the game here now), and Sterling has gotten even better (and was dire for the first half of last year, so obviously we have an upgrade there). And depending on things, Can, Markovic, Lallana could all play themselves into the first team as well.

The only negatives really are that Suarez not being around doesn't make games against **** teams quite so easy anymore, ie we have to rely on our defence a teeny bit, and that the new signings bedding in can take time, as we saw with Moreno's error at City.
Sakho and Lovren is a bit makeshift tbh, they're both left sided CB's I don't think you'll be seeing much of Sakho if Skrtel is fit.
Sakho and Lovren is a bit makeshift tbh, they're both left sided CB's I don't think you'll be seeing much of Sakho if Skrtel is fit.

Lovren is right footed though, so he does have the ability to play on the right. The same skills apply, it's just the initial movement instincts that have to be retrained. Can't see any reason why he can't play on the right. He did for Soton last year when required.

What might be a bit more damaging to their potential partnership is both of them being the proactive, front foot type defender, which is what created the Chadli chance, but that too can be worked on.

Don't think it'll be too much a problem.

Sakho has to go on the left, he leaves a bit of space by being rash but if he can curb that he has the makings of a great CB. Reminds me a lot of David Luiz(but better aerial threat) so would be nervous to have him in my squad.
Original post by Strange Fruittt

What might be a bit more damaging to their potential partnership is both of them being the proactive, front foot type defender, which is what created the Chadli chance, but that too can be worked on.

But then Sakho/Skrtel didn't work well because Skrtel was a backfoot defender and Sakho was front foot. Surely it helps you with the offside trap if both players are inclined to push up than one push up and other sits back.

It works well enough for Barca anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest