The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7900
Praise The Lord if Utd don't get falcao now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Praise The Lord if Utd don't get falcao now

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll go through, might take a while to be announced but he's passed the medical already...
underwhelming singing but a good one if you ask me. i honestly think Arsene wanted him from the start
still missing a CB and a CDM though
Original post by Pete_91
It'll go through, might take a while to be announced but he's passed the medical already...

Apparently it has to be confirmed within 35 mins
Original post by manchesterunited15
Shh, no tears, only Danny now

Ok :frown:
Reply 7906
Original post by jam278
Not really. Called Sturridge will come good second he came Liverpool for years.

Got the fastest goalscoring rate of any Liverpool player in history. Equally as good finisher as Costa, provides pace, dribbling etc. Costa is stronger and got better linkup though.

Also you were saying he'd be a flop for Chelsea and we should have gone for Cavani earlier in the window... So unless you believe that Sturridge is a flop you have changed your tune.

Yep, never thought Costa would fit as well as he did! My portuguese/spanish friends were ribbing me on teamspeak for that prediction earlier :lol: Proves Mourinho is a better manager than me! He's older and more experienced though, I'll get there in time :colonhash:

And Sturridge isn't that great a finisher at all. He ****s up a lot. He's not as strong, he's not as consistent, he's had 1 decent season. Just no. They aren't on the same playing field yet. Maybe in 3 years or so.
Reply 7907
Original post by Pete_91

:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's be real here. We're going to have an injury crisis so signing a 4th CB will probably happen in Jan.

If we can get a DM and ST next summer window then at least we'll have a team capable of challenging when Wenger goes. We really shouldn't be losing any more players in the next year or two (maybe Rosicky with age and Diaby's sacrifice to the injury gods).
Dan Dan Danny boy :smile: Still sticking to my belief that something is better than nothing.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Dan Dan Danny boy :smile: Still sticking to my belief that something is better than nothing.

Welbeck for 4 months over Sanogo for 4 months?

It really is a no-brainer even if we play Walcott or Sanchez as our main CFs during Girouds injury.
Original post by samba

And Sturridge isn't that great a finisher at all. He ****s up a lot. He's not as strong, he's not as consistent, he's had 1 decent season. Just no. They aren't on the same playing field yet. Maybe in 3 years or so.

No just no.

Ain't bothered to go into this but have you watched Sturridge regularly since january 2011? He was our top goalscorer in the league when we won the CL and came 6th playing out of position.

Got 7 in 11 for a team that got relegated next season(bolton)

Got 11 in 15 for Liverpool in a half season(12/13)

Had a very good season for Liverpool last season.

Compare to Costa who has undergone the exact same form of progression. Went on loan to Rayo got 11 in 17 in 11/12. Got 12 goals in the league for Atlético and 8 cup goals and has a very good 13/14 season. So if anything they've undergone the exact same form of progression.
Would be a good troll if not for the use of 3rd party ownership.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Falcao is done.
Original post by Pete_91
Let's be real here. We're going to have an injury crisis so signing a 4th CB will probably happen in Jan.

If we can get a DM and ST next summer window then at least we'll have a team capable of challenging when Wenger goes. We really shouldn't be losing any more players in the next year or two (maybe Rosicky with age and Diaby's sacrifice to the injury gods).

Should have been this summer. Rosicky needs to retire and this is Diaby's last year.

Lol already talking about next summer because this one has been that underwhelming!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Should have been this summer. Rosicky needs to retire and this is Diaby's last year.

Lol already talking about next summer because this one has been that underwhelming!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm as frustrated as you I'm just looking at the long term picture. Maybe Wenger wants to build a squad slowly for his successor? It's as good as explanation as any for why he seemingly refuses to acknowledge the obvious flaws in our team.
Reply 7916
@WhoScored: Danny Welbeck: Only Ramsey (20%) had a better conversion rate in the PL last season for Arsenal than Welbeck (19.6%) for Utd (10+ apps) #afc

Posted from TSR Mobile
BBC confirming 1 year loan of falcao to man united.

shame they got him but at least we can all go to bed now :colone:

Inb4 ACL injury ends his career at the Britannia.

Latest