The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7920
to be completely honest, I think Welbeck could do well for you. He has a certain ceiling and will obviously never be world class, but if given opportunities as the main man up front, I think he will thrive and get goals. 9 goals in 25 games last season despite being mainly on the wing or a sub. Is he worth £16mil? Before this window, no, but at the prices some players have being going for this summer, yes he is worth it.

Original post by Lúcio
BBC trolling better than me...:dry:

everyone trolls better than you
Original post by Pete_91
Welbeck for 4 months over Sanogo for 4 months?

It really is a no-brainer even if we play Walcott or Sanchez as our main CFs during Girouds injury.

You are saying Welbeck over Sanogo right??
Icba whining for a striker anymore, less availability in Jan anyways. Hopefully we sort out defensive issues come January.
Reply 7922
Original post by Pete_91
Inb4 ACL injury ends his career at the Britannia.

loool.. Yeah..Thank God its only a loan
Falcs confirmed.
Original post by cBay

sadly true :/
Original post by Pete_91
I'm as frustrated as you I'm just looking at the long term picture. Maybe Wenger wants to build a squad slowly for his successor? It's as good as explanation as any for why he seemingly refuses to acknowledge the obvious flaws in our team.

It's all well and good wanting to build slowly, but what if Ramsey/Ozil/Chamberlain/Wilshere turn around and say "I wanna move to a team where I can actually win the league" we'd be back to squad one and having to rebuild once again. We just needed that ST and DM of quality to help us really have a proper go at the league, and the longer we continue not to do so, the more disillusioned they will become.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cBay
to be completely honest, I think Welbeck could do well for you. He has a certain ceiling and will obviously never be world class, but if given opportunities as the main man up front, I think he will thrive and get goals. 9 goals in 25 games last season despite being mainly on the wing or a sub. Is he worth £16mil? Before this window, no, but at the prices some players have being going for this summer, yes he is worth it.

When was the last time an English player went for less than 16m?

Genuine question. Good old English premium
Reply 7927
Daniel Welbeck is the best striker Arsenal have....Let that sink in.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Falcs confirmed.

We've got Welbz, it's calm.

:sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
And Sturridge isn't that great a finisher at all. He ****s up a lot. He's not as strong, he's not as consistent, he's had 1 decent season. Just no. They aren't on the same playing field yet. Maybe in 3 years or so.

Lol you don't know very much about football samba
Original post by Peggles_*
It's all well and good wanting to build slowly, but what if Ramsey/Ozil/Chamberlain/Wilshere turn around and say "I wanna move to a team where I can actually win the league" we'd be back to squad one and having to rebuild once again. We just needed that ST and DM of quality to help us really have a proper go at the league, and the longer we continue not to do so, the more disillusioned they will become.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again, I'm with you on this, just trying to come up with some kind of explanation for the lack of a ST since RVP and a DM since Silva.
Reply 7931
Original post by Pete_91

Stewart Downing?
Original post by cost
Daniel Welbeck is the best striker Arsenal have....Let that sink in.

Nah Giroud is better, Walcott might even be too. He's the best we have fit.
Reply 7934
Original post by Manchester United

he looks so genuinely happy.....
Original post by cBay
Stewart Downing?

What did he go for, 12m?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
sadly true :/

I can literally feel your pain just from that comment.

Original post by Pete_91

Off the top of my head - Lambert, Barry, Dier, Livermore, Rodwell, Forster just this window alone.
Original post by manchesterunited15

Quote Dat!!!!
We would be ****ed in terms of transfers without CL football. Look what we've got with it.

Latest