The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teddysmith123
I think it's horrible waiting for remarks! AQA have been really slow, but I can understand that they have many scripts to remark, yet I wish they would speed up - I hate this waiting.....

Any idea or clue as to when they'll get back to schools about the remark results? I'm sick of waiting too.
It's now been two and a half weeks since I asked for my scripts back from AQA to see if my Government and Politics papers were worth remarking and still nothing. I know they're busy, but it's not even a remark, just photocopying 10-12 sheets of paper. :rolleyes:
Original post by TheCynicalChild
Any idea or clue as to when they'll get back to schools about the remark results? I'm sick of waiting too.

I emailed my school and my exams officer hasn't replied so I dont know really? :dontknow: I hate this so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dandelionxo
Quick update!
After 12 days, my OCR English Lit exam remained unchanged which sucks even though I was always three marks away. It's still so strange to think that two markers can mark the exact same in a subject as subjective as English Lit but there you go I guess.
Good luck to anybody else still waiting!

Mine went up a little but not enough. My teacher doesn't think my mark is right, so we're getting the paper back and then possibly appealing. Annoying isn't it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My WJEC Media MS1 paper came back today with an unchanged mark, which sucks massively as I was only one mark away from an A. Oh well, guess I have to work harder next year.
Just ordered a remark for the History 2 paper with Edexcel, god I am so nervous now
Original post by Kandyan
It's now been two and a half weeks since I asked for my scripts back from AQA to see if my Government and Politics papers were worth remarking and still nothing. I know they're busy, but it's not even a remark, just photocopying 10-12 sheets of paper. :rolleyes:

I've never known AQA take that long. I expect it arrived at school and was waiting to be opened at the start of term.
Reply 127
I got my A* in Geography after my remark! :woo:
Original post by BWCW

Well done! Which board were you with and what did you're paper go up by?
Reply 129
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
Well done! Which board were you with and what did you're paper go up by?

Thank you! I was with Edexcel, my paper went up 11 UMS! Which took to paper from a C to an A, and overall from an A to an A*. :eek:
Original post by BWCW
Thank you! I was with Edexcel, my paper went up 11 UMS! Which took to paper from a C to an A, and overall from an A to an A*. :eek:

That's fantastic news! I'm still waiting on OCR, they gave me a U on one of my papers despite me getting A*'s in my mock for this unit and getting A*'s in the other papers. I got a B overall, I really hope it goes up!
Reply 131
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
That's fantastic news! I'm still waiting on OCR, they gave me a U on one of my papers despite me getting A*'s in my mock for this unit and getting A*'s in the other papers. I got a B overall, I really hope it goes up!

That seems ridiculous! I really hope you get what you deserve, it's so annoying when they get it so wrong! I've got a friend in the exact same situation as you. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. :smile:
just got My OCR Economics bad...i had got all round C,but really expected an A or A*,I revised hard,and felt the paper went well,so paid over £150 to get all 4 papers remarked...3 of the 4 papers didnt change by a single mark (which makes me worry that they didnt even remark them,and one paper came back going DOWN by 2 UMS points (making me think they made a change for the sake of it,as if all 4 papers came back unchanged,that would raise suspicion.

Obviously examining boards cant be seen to be proven wrong by giving a fair unbiased remark with a fresh examiner on your fresh answer sheet...

i then found this article that confirmed what OCRs true game is.

http://independenthead.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-sorry-truth-about-level-remarks.html

Any advice on what I should do now? As I still feel I should have got more than a C. :-(
Original post by BWCW

Hoping that happens to me with my edexcel politics. Well done though!
I'm assuming it was priority?
Reply 134
Original post by Imadinosaur2213
Hoping that happens to me with my edexcel politics. Well done though!
I'm assuming it was priority?

Fingers crossed! What was your original grade? :smile:
It wasn't actually, it was just a standard remark. We sent it off the day after results day so it still took a fair while to come through...
Original post by BWCW
Fingers crossed! What was your original grade? :smile:
It wasn't actually, it was just a standard remark. We sent it off the day after results day so it still took a fair while to come through...

Mines a D, which really doesn't add up; got A's in all past papers and whatnot, yet apparently lost half the marks in each exam (both were exact D's).
And I sent mine off on the 21st, so I'm guessing I've gotta wait a while longer.. They take so long! :frown:
Got my AQA French sent off for a remark yesterday and the Exams woman really scared me, she could not stop saying "you know this might go down", "We've already had a student whose mark has gone down", "If it goes down you could lose your uni space" and stuff when before I was happy to send it off -:frown:
But does anyone know if parts of the exam paper can ever be lost? I think my French writing may have not been marked (that's what my actual mark vs expected mark seem to correspond to)
Reply 137
Original post by Imadinosaur2213
Mines a D, which really doesn't add up; got A's in all past papers and whatnot, yet apparently lost half the marks in each exam (both were exact D's).
And I sent mine off on the 21st, so I'm guessing I've gotta wait a while longer.. They take so long! :frown:

Aah, I see, quite similar. I had full marks in geography up until that paper, which they marked as a C first. Makes no sense. :confused:
It should be quite soon then! Good luck. :smile:
Original post by bananaminion
Got my AQA French sent off for a remark yesterday and the Exams woman really scared me, she could not stop saying "you know this might go down", "We've already had a student whose mark has gone down", "If it goes down you could lose your uni space" and stuff when before I was happy to send it off -:frown:
But does anyone know if parts of the exam paper can ever be lost? I think my French writing may have not been marked (that's what my actual mark vs expected mark seem to correspond to)

By writing do you mean the essay? The exam's all in one booklet, so I don't think the essay would have been missed.
Can you remark coursework for aqa english literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest