Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Nathanielle
:wavey:

How'd the exam go? :smile:
Original post by hellokittymad
understood (:
you'll be okay, just be gentle with yourself and do your best that's all you can do *offers a drink*

Thank you :smile: I think my surgery on Monday is lingering on my mind :^

How are you today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211

Posted from TSR Mobile

*offers comfort teddy*

and...I'm not sure, I've a lot of jobs to do before I go to university and it's freaking me out causing panic attacks and lots of anxiety xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: It's scary, but I hope your surgery goes as well as mines did - I actually felt fantastic after, was back to my knitting in half an hour! :tongue:
*sits in corner sipping tea* can't sit still, can't stop seeing him GO AWAY GO AWAY *hides*
you're none of those things, you are a loving, sweet, gentle human bean who is clever and deserves to be happy :console:

Thank you, I wish I could be happy!

Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Spoiler

*sits in corner sipping tea* can't sit still, can't stop seeing him GO AWAY GO AWAY *hides*

:hugs: Tea is a wondrous drink. :tongue: Do you think doing something physically active might help, like going for a run, putting on loud music and dancing like crazy, that sort of thing?

Original post by SweetNothing
Thank you, I wish I could be happy!

Spoiler

Spoiler

:hugs: Tea is a wondrous drink. :tongue: Do you think doing something physically active might help, like going for a run, putting on loud music and dancing like crazy, that sort of thing?

I'm waiting for the washing to be done so that I can put it on the line, I'm currently really scared that I'll end up hurting myself but Im fighting against the urge

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
*goes on the hunt more coffee and teddy* scared
I'm waiting for the washing to be done so that I can put it on the line, I'm currently really scared that I'll end up hurting myself but Im fighting against the urge

:hugs: Hope you stay safe.

Spoiler

thanks superwolf! Ive put the washing in, my head really hurts and I don't know why and I can't remember a lot of last night xxxx
Original post by Jay84
I don't have problems sleeping it is just that because of obs I couldn't have the light off or door closed and was woken every 15-30 minutes from radios, doors banging, shouting etc.

Problem is I haven't had a ward round since I've been here. Have only seen doctors for mental health act assessments. All I want now is to be discharged, this whole thing has been a horrible mistake. Am going to have a tribunal but don't know how long it will take. Probably at least a couple of weeks. I hope they will at least hold off on meds until then.

Good thing is I finally saw a doctor (one off another team apparently - mine are ****ing useless) and he has agreed to take me off obs. Massive relief.

Just noticed my reflection for the first time in a while and nearly keeled over. Haven't shaved in two weeks and I look like a caveman, thick full beard. That together with the bleary eyes makes me look like I belong in an insane asylum. I wonder how much stuff like that works against you.

I normally shave my head every few days too so I currently look almost unrecognisable to myself. Its really bizarre.

Being on obs is really awful, it's like surely it's obvious I'm trying to sleep so if you could not make noise that would be great! How's it going now, still going a head with the tribunal? Never mind about the beard, personally I love a good beard :P
*offers comfort teddy*

and...I'm not sure, I've a lot of jobs to do before I go to university and it's freaking me out causing panic attacks and lots of anxiety xxx

Make a list of them and put deadlines next to them then tick them off - if you haven't already :smile: I feel the same, I woke up last night and panicked cause I haven't registered for uni yet!

:hugs: It's scary, but I hope your surgery goes as well as mines did - I actually felt fantastic after, was back to my knitting in half an hour! :tongue:

I'll be getting a general anaesthetic so I'm in for a while after its done, but thankfully it's a day case so I won't be overnight! Glad to hear yours went so well :smile:

I've never had a GA before, I don't like needles so ill be asking for the gas I think :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be getting a general anaesthetic so I'm in for a while after its done, but thankfully it's a day case so I won't be overnight! Glad to hear yours went so well :smile:

I've never had a GA before, I don't like needles so ill be asking for the gas I think :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's what my one was too, but luckily I didn't react badly to the anaesthetic or anything, and I got a good solid five hours of knitting in. :tongue:

I had the gas - they just asked me if I wanted to hold the mask or them (I said them in case I did it wrong :tongue:), they held the mask up to my face and at first it felt like nothing was happening, then suddenly I woke up an hour or two later and the operation was done! Went totally fine, and I'm sure yours will too. :hugs:
Make a list of them and put deadlines next to them then tick them off - if you haven't already :smile: I feel the same, I woke up last night and panicked cause I haven't registered for uni yet!

Tbh they'll probably put a cannula in your arm or foot because then they can administer pain medication and stuff as well. It's not as bad as it seems. I had an emergency operation and they literally just had to shove it in, no messing about, and I didn't even notice. It can be really scary when it's something you've never experienced before but honestly, the whole thing was fine. I don't mind needles, but I ended up having to have two cannulas in each of my feet cos my arms/hands weren't suitable, but even that was fine! Although I do think the actual anaesthetic was gas now I think about it! It doesn't seem like you're asleep for even five minutes before you wake up!
LAURA!!!!!! *runs over too and hugs* missed you xxx
Original post by lauraaaaa
Tbh they'll probably put a cannula in your arm or foot because then they can administer pain medication and stuff as well. It's not as bad as it seems. I had an emergency operation and they literally just had to shove it in, no messing about, and I didn't even notice. It can be really scary when it's something you've never experienced before but honestly, the whole thing was fine. I don't mind needles, but I ended up having to have two cannulas in each of my feet cos my arms/hands weren't suitable, but even that was fine! Although I do think the actual anaesthetic was gas now I think about it! It doesn't seem like you're asleep for even five minutes before you wake up!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the cannula - it was really professionally done though, and absolutely not something to worry about. :smile:
LAURA!!!!!! *runs over too and hugs* missed you xxx

Hai :lol:

-----------------------------
I didn't really need to wake up with a poorly eyeball today :frown:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the cannula - it was really professionally done though, and absolutely not something to worry about. :smile:

I didn't even really feel it all if I'm honest!

Latest