Hai :lol:

-----------------------------
I didn't really need to wake up with a poorly eyeball today :frown:

*meow* you nice to me but your name scares me >.<
*offers glasses* they make eyes better
Original post by hellokittymad
*meow* you nice to me but your name scares me >.<
*offers glasses* they make eyes better

No I have this swollen lump in my eyelid :redface: I have near perfect vision generally
Original post by superwolf
Oh yeah, I forgot about the cannula - it was really professionally done though, and absolutely not something to worry about. :smile:

I remember the cannula as being the worst part of one operation, as I hate needles so much! I think everyone just thought I was mad when I said that afterwards :colondollar: I was also given 'smelly elephant gas to help you sleep' at some point, at which point I thought the man giving it me was mad. I distinctly remember saying "I'm five, I don't need any smelly elephant gas!". They gave it me anyway :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
I remember the cannula as being the worst part of one operation, as I hate needles so much! I think everyone just thought I was mad when I said that afterwards :colondollar: I was also given 'smelly elephant gas to help you sleep' at some point, at which point I thought the man giving it me was mad. I distinctly remember saying "I'm five, I don't need any smelly elephant gas!". They gave it me anyway :lol:

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

:tongue:
I prefer :penguin::pingu::penguinhug: - if he'd have said penguin gas or something I'd have let him do it immediately! :tongue:

Oooorrr the :parrot: one! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
I prefer :penguin::pingu::penguinhug: - if he'd have said penguin gas or something I'd have let him do it immediately! :tongue:

I remember getting a 'certificate of bravery' and they brought the book out to choose a design when I'd only just come round so I couldn't see a thing -.-

Penguin gas sounds kind of fishy. :teehee:
Original post by lauraaaaa
I remember getting a 'certificate of bravery' and they brought the book out to choose a design when I'd only just come round so I couldn't see a thing -.-

Yeah they seem to do things like that! The person next to me kept having food brought to them at one point and I wasn't allowed, I was really jealous especially when they had ice cream :tongue:

Penguin gas sounds kind of fishy. :teehee:

Probably better than elephant given the amount they eat!
Yeah they seem to do things like that! The person next to me kept having food brought to them at one point and I wasn't allowed, I was really jealous especially when they had ice cream :tongue:

Probably better than elephant given the amount they eat!

The food I had was disgusting! Funny story:

When I was in hospital we used to go to church and, because I was kept in for three days, I missed church and the Christmas concert rehearsal, so the priest sent the hospital chaplain to come and say prayers for me...This was funny in itself because he was REALLY religious and was using all these posh words but the girl in the bed next to me had X factor on so there was Simon Cowell making all these rude comments whilst we were silent and 'praying' :lol: it was also my arms I had a problem with so I couldn't even cover my mouth to stop laughing ahah
Am I allowed to email the mental health place at uni without a diagnosis or do I need one of those first?
Am I allowed to email the mental health place at uni without a diagnosis or do I need one of those first?

Course you can email them. :smile: If you want specific support put in place they'll ask for medical evidence at some point, but you can absolutely make contact with them before that.
The food I had was disgusting! Funny story:

When I was in hospital we used to go to church and, because I was kept in for three days, I missed church and the Christmas concert rehearsal, so the priest sent the hospital chaplain to come and say prayers for me...This was funny in itself because he was REALLY religious and was using all these posh words but the girl in the bed next to me had X factor on so there was Simon Cowell making all these rude comments whilst we were silent and 'praying' :lol: it was also my arms I had a problem with so I couldn't even cover my mouth to stop laughing ahah

Did he say anything? It sounds like the sort of thing that once you notice you can't un-notice, and the more you try not to laugh the more you do laugh :tongue: That's how I would be anyway!

I don't remember anything particularly funny happening. I did miss the few weeks before the christmas concert once though and was really upset as it meant I was given a really small part. I don't know why I was particularly, I hate performing and I'm the worst actor on earth so I'd have never been given a decent part anyway! :colondollar:
voices eroding my skull. already given in to them. think theres someone watching. feel scared
Money is looking a bit better, and by that i mean i'm not as much in debt as i have been recently :ninja: Got an induction thing today, which apparently will secure me a way to get the training for a level 1 NVQ. Once i've done this and a level 2, i should have better luck looking for work in the care sector :smile:

I should get a bus to where i need to go, but last time i got a bus it went nowhere near where i thought it was taking me...i don't like buses :getmecoat: At least you know where the hell trains are going, and they actually say what the freakin stop is, also more personal space etc etc. I would much rather walk it, 40 mins walk doesn't seem like a big deal for me anyway, and i'm such a lazy ass that the exercise is good anyways. Time flies when you have music too.

Hope people are keeping well :v
Did he say anything? It sounds like the sort of thing that once you notice you can't un-notice, and the more you try not to laugh the more you do laugh :tongue: That's how I would be anyway!

I don't remember anything particularly funny happening. I did miss the few weeks before the christmas concert once though and was really upset as it meant I was given a really small part. I don't know why I was particularly, I hate performing and I'm the worst actor on earth so I'd have never been given a decent part anyway! :colondollar:

I don't think so, I highly doubt he'd ever even heard of Xfactor! He was too into his praying and all that but I daren't look at my mom because I know that we'd both have burst out laughing and I just had to try and think of something sad because it was hilarious :lol:
So so paranoid at college and on the bus and they all know and they're all laughing at me and I cant take it and I keep bursting into tears and I need someone to make it stop. :cry2:
Yeah, that's what my one was too, but luckily I didn't react badly to the anaesthetic or anything, and I got a good solid five hours of knitting in. :tongue:

I had the gas - they just asked me if I wanted to hold the mask or them (I said them in case I did it wrong :tongue:), they held the mask up to my face and at first it felt like nothing was happening, then suddenly I woke up an hour or two later and the operation was done! Went totally fine, and I'm sure yours will too. :hugs:

I think I'll get them to hold the mask too :colondollar: :hugs:

Tbh they'll probably put a cannula in your arm or foot because then they can administer pain medication and stuff as well. It's not as bad as it seems. I had an emergency operation and they literally just had to shove it in, no messing about, and I didn't even notice. It can be really scary when it's something you've never experienced before but honestly, the whole thing was fine. I don't mind needles, but I ended up having to have two cannulas in each of my feet cos my arms/hands weren't suitable, but even that was fine! Although I do think the actual anaesthetic was gas now I think about it! It doesn't seem like you're asleep for even five minutes before you wake up!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the cannula - it was really professionally done though, and absolutely not something to worry about. :smile:

What is a cannula? Is it the IV drip thing? I need to take something along to read I think, apparently won't be allowed out until I'm completely conscious a few hours later!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
So so paranoid at college and on the bus and they all know and they're all laughing at me and I cant take it and I keep bursting into tears and I need someone to make it stop. :cry2:

No one is laughing at you sweetie :penguinhug:

Original post by Anonymous
I'm looking to apply to university but in January 2013 during my AS levels I was sectioned under the Mental Health Act and was released from hospital in March 2013 and had to drop my 4th subject for missing so much of the courses. What is the history with extenuating circumstances? And is one of the top universities still an option for me?

I'd really appreciate a reply! :smile:

If you mean Oxbridge, you should be OK as long as you have good grades, good test scores, a strong interview and the support of your school. Whether it's advisable for you to apply to Oxbridge, given the high pressure nature of the place and the stress it causes, is a different manner...
Reply 2298
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

If you mean Oxbridge, you should be OK as long as you have good grades, good test scores, a strong interview and the support of your school. Whether it's advisable for you to apply to Oxbridge, given the high pressure nature of the place and the stress it causes, is a different manner...

I'd say it massively depends on the college and the support they're able to provide too.
I need saving. At 29 hours without sleep. Just struggled through one exam with sleep deprivation. Got another I've done next to no prep on in an hour. I'm ****ed.

Latest