The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

lukaku - welbeck

Transfer made..

Wanted to do it early, as given welbecks low onwershp, I could see a fair number of people putting him in their team, given he is now an arsenal starter, and at a really good price.. so thought I would do it before any price rises..

Having to strongly resist the urge to wildcard.. I did it this time last year, in the exact same position, because I thought I could improve the team (a team which was doing well, like mine is now) and ended up messing up.. really no need to wild card yet.

now have 2.5m free to re-invest next week, will probably try and do these over the coming weeks (bar injury or performance change)

al hamedi - to - Schniderlin
Mata - to - Di maria (not convinced yet on this one..)
chambers - to - williams

Or something on those lines..

11m for falcao will be avoided by me for now
Costa and Sturridge my strike force now.

Liverpool have overcome their hard start so will have easy fixtures. Henderson seems to be getting assists so will have his value rise up. I have Ramsey too who's been scoring. Think I have a boss team.

Will not wildcard until the end of september.
Original post by King Hotpie
Not that clued up on individuals in the Tottenham team, is Kaboul a nailed on starter week in, week out? He's played 90 minutes in all 3 games so far, and looks like a cheap route into a solid defence.

They've just signed Fazio so be careful. With the Europa League coming up there's bound to be plenty of rotation so Spurs defence is a bit of a minefield tbh. Apart from the obvious two (Vert & Lloris) the most nailed on defender is probably Dier for now. Walker is injured for a while and his only competition for RB is Naughton.
Reply 1883
not sure whether to use my wild card or take point hit :tongue:
Original post by jam278
Costa and Sturridge my strike force now.

Liverpool have overcome their hard start so will have easy fixtures. Henderson seems to be getting assists so will have his value rise up. I have Ramsey too who's been scoring. Think I have a boss team.

Will not wildcard until the end of september.

Same strike force
Been following trends with certain players like ivanovic

Think I'm gonna take out Naismith simply because I don't see him being continually consistent
Not to mention the fact that Everton have Lukaku and eto'o both to use now.
Not
0.1m off my perfect WC team, sigh. Happens every year. :pierre:
Hazard or di Maria?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gone with this for now.

Krul
Ivanovic Clyne Moreno
Sigurdsson Fabregas Sterling Ramsey
Falcao Welbeck Costa

Elliot, Moore, Boyd, Wisdom (0.3 ITB)

Original post by khalidpatel
Hazard or di Maria?

Fabregas.
Original post by sr90
Gone with this for now.

Krul
Ivanovic Clyne Moreno
Falcao Welbeck Costa

Fabregas.

Very strong XI.

Your bench isn't great, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my team now.
Slightly concerned that I don't have any city players to be honest and they I've skimped out a little on my defence
Had some spare money so I did bring in shaw cross for the hell of it, but I could just as easily change him to a 4.0m defender and put in vlaar instead

Although an arsenal-Liverpool-Chelsea striker force is pretty good
Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409659072.401365.jpg
Original post by Endless Blue
Very strong XI.

Your bench isn't great, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh it's terrible but at least I know they'll all play if called upon. Really don't want Wisdom but 4.5 defs are just out of reach :pierre:
New XI:

Begovic

Clyne Janmaat Debuchy

Sigurdsson Fabregas Ramsey Henderson Sterling

Diego Costa Sturridge

Bench - Myhill (GK); Williams, Duff (DEF); Naismith (ST)
Original post by sr90
Gone with this for now.

Krul
Ivanovic Clyne Moreno
Falcao Welbeck Costa

Fabregas.

Already got fabregas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fantasy football
(edited 9 years ago)
Falcao £11m
Original post by Lúcio
This is my team now.
Slightly concerned that I don't have any city players to be honest and they I've skimped out a little on my defence
Had some spare money so I did bring in shaw cross for the hell of it, but I could just as easily change him to a 4.0m defender and put in vlaar instead

Although an arsenal-Liverpool-Chelsea striker force is pretty good
Thoughts?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409659072.401365.jpg

are you sure about matic?

He had a great week last week, but I just cant personally see him scoring/assisting regularly, if he takes this deaper role behind chelsea's main creative players..

then again, if your set on the rest of your team, and only have the 5.5 left, not sure who else you would pick...
Original post by fallen_acorns
are you sure about matic?

He had a great week last week, but I just cant personally see him scoring/assisting regularly, if he takes this deaper role behind chelsea's main creative players..

then again, if your set on the rest of your team, and only have the 5.5 left, not sure who else you would pick...

i wasn't sure about him - i've changed to fabregas instead by lowering my keeper and defenders
the only good defenders i have are ivanovic and vlaar now, but the rest of my team is boss
Original post by fallen_acorns
x

This is my team now:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409663900.721579.jpg

As you can see, I've downgraded my keeper and a few defenders
Also downgraded to cattermole in midfield as a sub
But that allowed me to get fabregas who will be amazing this season.

My subs are poor but they're all players who are regular first teamers (except myhill), so ill definitely get a few points from them if they have to come on

Concerned about 0 city players, but I would only ever choose silva or aguero
Aguero's price is too high, and it's a straight toss up between silva and fabregas
(edited 9 years ago)
Is it likely that there will be anymore price rises?

Also how much money has everyone else got?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Is it likely that there will be anymore price rises?

Also how much money has everyone else got?

I would assume player prices have already changed so we shouldn't see a difference before the next GW in a few weeks, but not 100% on that

My team is apparently worth 100.6m.
Could've probably been better if I had been a little cleverer; I've wasted 0.2m by being stupid, taking out a few players, but then bringing them back after their price has risen...

Quick Reply

Latest