The Student Room Group

Neuroscience and Psychology Personal Statement

I want to study either Psychology as a single degree or neuroscience with psychology as a major/ minor degree. Now my question is how should i write my personal statement as i could not really find any examples except one or two.
Has anybody got any examples or any tricks how to write a PS when applying for different courses? Is it important that you have done an internship or to have work experience especially in psychology or neuroscience? I have read Robert Winston-'the human mind' and 'thinking fast and slow' -Daniel Kahneman. Have you got any other reading tips that could be important or usefull for my personal statement?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
I don't think work experience is necessary - just an added bonus.

You won't find many examples because generally it's best to avoid applying for two different courses. You end up looking less interested and less committed to both courses, by splitting your PS. How many of each are you applying to, and which is your preference?
Reply 2
Original post by Nymthae
I don't think work experience is necessary - just an added bonus.

You won't find many examples because generally it's best to avoid applying for two different courses. You end up looking less interested and less committed to both courses, by splitting your PS. How many of each are you applying to, and which is your preference?

Probably I want to apply for four psychology courses and one neuroscience with psychology course. So therefore my preference is psychology as I can still go into neuroscience after completing a psychology degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending