The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
voices eroding my skull. already given in to them. think theres someone watching. feel scared

:hugs:

Original post by Meaty_man
Money is looking a bit better, and by that i mean i'm not as much in debt as i have been recently :ninja: Got an induction thing today, which apparently will secure me a way to get the training for a level 1 NVQ. Once i've done this and a level 2, i should have better luck looking for work in the care sector :smile:

I should get a bus to where i need to go, but last time i got a bus it went nowhere near where i thought it was taking me...i don't like buses :getmecoat: At least you know where the hell trains are going, and they actually say what the freakin stop is, also more personal space etc etc. I would much rather walk it, 40 mins walk doesn't seem like a big deal for me anyway, and i'm such a lazy ass that the exercise is good anyways. Time flies when you have music too.

Hope people are keeping well :v

NVQ thing sounds good. :five:

Buses can be scary. :sadnod: But if you speak to the driver they'll usually tell you when you've reached your stop. :smile:

Original post by tasha96
So so paranoid at college and on the bus and they all know and they're all laughing at me and I cant take it and I keep bursting into tears and I need someone to make it stop. :cry2:

:hugs: TLG's right, people have no reason to laugh at you cos you're lovely.

Original post by james1211
I think I'll get them to hold the mask too :colondollar: :hugs:

What is a cannula? Is it the IV drip thing? I need to take something along to read I think, apparently won't be allowed out until I'm completely conscious a few hours later!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the IV thing. Something to read is a good plan - maybe some music too?
Original post by alexs2602
I need saving. At 29 hours without sleep. Just struggled through one exam with sleep deprivation. Got another I've done next to no prep on in an hour. I'm ****ed.

:hugs: Good luck.
half the washing is hung out, now, to sort out shoes for uni and which ones i am taking....
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Good luck.

Gonna fail with flying colours. But I have to try..........
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
No one is laughing at you sweetie :penguinhug:

If you mean Oxbridge, you should be OK as long as you have good grades, good test scores, a strong interview and the support of your school. Whether it's advisable for you to apply to Oxbridge, given the high pressure nature of the place and the stress it causes, is a different manner...

I can hear them and see them laughing and staring and whispering thibgs abd I want them to stop.:bawling: Im just crying and crying and theyre doibg it more abd i dont kbeo what to do. :cry2:

:hugs:

NVQ thing sounds good. :five:

Buses can be scary. :sadnod: But if you speak to the driver they'll usually tell you when you've reached your stop. :smile:

:hugs: TLG's right, people have no reason to laugh at you cos you're lovely.

Yeah, the IV thing. Something to read is a good plan - maybe some music too?
Original post by tasha96
I can hear them and see them laughing and staring and whispering thibgs abd I want them to stop.:bawling: Im just crying and crying and theyre doibg it more abd i dont kbeo what to do. :cry2:

:hugs: Are you at college? Is there somewhere you'd feel safe, like with someone from pastoral care? Try and see if you can take some time out, get yourself calm, and then either go back to studying or see if someone can sit with you until you feel ready to go home.
Original post by lauraaaaa
Am I allowed to email the mental health place at uni without a diagnosis or do I need one of those first?

There's a thing called the Open door team at York and I just went to them out of the blue without having seen anyone before. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs: Are you at college? Is there somewhere you'd feel safe, like with someone from pastoral care? Try and see if you can take some time out, get yourself calm, and then either go back to studying or see if someone can sit with you until you feel ready to go home.

Im on tjr bus home i had to get out but the peopke on the bus are doing it too and i cant sstabd it
Original post by tasha96
Im on tjr bus home i had to get out but the peopke on the bus are doing it too and i cant sstabd it

Can you call someone to keep you calm and keep talking to you? :console: You're going to be ok, you just need to stay strong, don't panic and remember that you're safe, nothing bad's going to happen to you. If people are looking at you it's only because they're concerned, it's not because they mean you harm.
i feel very lost. i feel anxious. i feel stressed. i feel tired. i want to hide. mummy is away and im meeant to be packing for uni this week. not oging to happen.
Original post by hellokittymad
i feel very lost. i feel anxious. i feel stressed. i feel tired. i want to hide. mummy is away and im meeant to be packing for uni this week. not oging to happen.

:hugs: Can you take a few minutes to relax, have some tea or coffee, and remember all the reasons why you're a strong, capable person, who can totally make it to uni?
Can you call someone to keep you calm and keep talking to you? :console: You're going to be ok, you just need to stay strong, donu't panic and remember that you're safe, nothing bad's going to happen to you. If people are looking at you it's only because they're concerned, it's not because they mean you harm.

Everyvodys at work school uni or college
Original post by tasha96

I can PM you my phone number, if you'd feel comfortable talking to me? I'll send you a few details about myself too if you like, so I'm less of a random stranger. :tongue:
:hugs: Can you take a few minutes to relax, have some tea or coffee, and remember all the reasons why you're a strong, capable person, who can totally make it to uni?

I think I need to do that, I'm sat by the heater and thinking about clothes for uni.

Original post by tasha96

you can PM me if you like lovely?
Original post by james1211
I think I'll get them to hold the mask too :colondollar: :hugs:
What is a cannula? Is it the IV drip thing? I need to take something along to read I think, apparently won't be allowed out until I'm completely conscious a few hours later!

its a needle they put in (usually in your arm, where you'd get a blood test) where they can attach an IV or they can put in pain medication etc, as opposed to having to inject you multiple times. I was in there for 3 days, and two operations, and was completely nil by mouth, they never gave me an IV -.- i don't even remember it hurting but, once its in, it definitely doesn't hurt and the hospital gown thing (so attractive) will probably cover it anyway so you won't have to look!
(edited 9 years ago)
My therapist decided that I was so busy fighting him that I wasn't trying to get better. Thing about that stance is the second I disagree I'm proving him right. Which is annoying and puts me on the defensive so yeah, didn't go well. On the other hand I can start fresh at university with someone less antagonising. I was told after ten minutes I wouldn't be having another appointment, then I had to sit there for ten minutes listening to how I was resisting getting better :facepalm:
And now for chocolate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
There's a thing called the Open door team at York and I just went to them out of the blue without having seen anyone before. :smile:

okay thanks, i'll do some research :smile:
I can PM you my phone number, if you'd feel comfortable talking to me? I'll send you a few details about myself too if you like, so I'm less of a random stranger. :tongue:

Are you suree itr eoildnt be a bother?
Original post by tasha96

Course not, will PM you. :smile:
Original post by tasha96

Hey. :smile: Phone went dead, but if you want to call again I'm not at all busy. :hugs:

Latest