The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
Sorry guys but to me laytoya's vlogs seem so fake to me...she's acting up for the camera and pretending scenarios.
Come on when she 'busted' adam with his hot customer...so shaddyy.

Anyhooooo you guys i cant wait for Revenge & TVD too start!!

And who watches Love and Hip Hop Atlanta..that show is hilarious!!
Original post by Biryani007
Oh man! What about the actual Arab schools in Saudi? I've just started learning Arabic and hope to teach my kids it inshaaA. But that is so messed up man! Where abouts in Saudi do you live?
Thanks for the info though :redface:

The Arab schools here are crap to say the least. Don't ever send your kids there since they won't be taught much. The Saudis themselves go to the British/American/International schools instead since their education system sucks. I honestly don't know if people do drugs and stuff there ((they might not smoke and do drugs in school but they sure do in compounds and in their homes)) but I do know for sure that the kids disrespect the teachers and even go as far as screaming and/or hitting them (no joke!).

Good for you for trying to learn Arabic! Just get a private teacher for your kids, make them watch Arab shows and make them practice their oral and they should be able to pick it up.

I live in Jeddah. And no problem, I'm happy to enlighten others about the truth.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pbunny
The Arab schools here are crap to say the least. Don't ever send your kids there since they won't be taught much. The Saudis themselves go to the British/American/International schools instead since their education system sucks. I honestly don't know if people do drugs and stuff there ((they might not smoke and do drugs in school but they sure do in compounds and in their homes)) but I do know for sure that the kids disrespect the teachers and even go as far as screaming and/or hitting them (no joke!).

Good for you for trying to learn Arabic! Just get a private teacher for your kids, make them watch Arab shows and make them practice their oral and they should be able to pick it up.

I live in Jeddah. And no problem, I'm happy to enlighten others about the truth.

Oh gosh I thought living there would be perfect! But I guess it's all about the way you raise your children too. At least over there everyone's surrounded by deen and Makkah and Madina are such beautiful places...

Yep inshaaA one day :biggrin:

Aww cool, how long have you lived there? Are you Somali?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Credit Suisse invited me for the 12th for some pre-Spring Week Applications thingy which the applicants who got through to AC stage in the spring got invited to.

Bright Network invited me to this career events they're hosting at the brewery which some of the BBs which should be a good chance to network with HR and VPs.

Brokerage has some career event as well similar to Bright Networks where some other major recruiters are coming along to speak to students who secured a internship this summer.

Re-did my application for SEO First-Year Fast Track (which should provide me with some exposure)

BNP Paribas are at Cass, so need to start doing research into their bank to leverage my knowledge to secure some contacts.

Did a 2 hour application to Rare, to hopefully get me some nice upcoming opportunities, given I'm successful.

BAML emailed me with regards to applying for their SWs which I'll do after I practice the tests

God knows where else, I've got all these saved on my phone calendar.

______

Haven't started applications to any SW. Going to wait until I've secured some solid networks for each and then apply straight after as they're taken on a rolling basis. I know BAML is currently open for applications for 2015 SW intake.

Epic! Really hope that all works out for you inshallah.

What is your opinion on SEO and Rare? Also say you were to be successful for both applications, surely you wouldn't be allowed to work with both since they have the same clients. From what i've read so far, competition between the two are quite intense and they both dont want you working with the other. :s-smilie:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/somalia/11069471/Ahmed-Abdi-Godane-the-al-Shabaab-leader-targeted-by-air-strikes.html

The leader of Al-Shabaab has been targeted by US air strikes and is thought to be dead. If he really is dead then this will be the end of Al-Shabaab iA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was on twitter yesterday and the whole night i was actively in beef. So many mentions and shots fired. Guys exposing girls is moist, i sent for them.
Original post by Canttellyou
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/somalia/11069471/Ahmed-Abdi-Godane-the-al-Shabaab-leader-targeted-by-air-strikes.html

The leader of Al-Shabaab has been targeted by US air strikes and is thought to be dead. If he really is dead then this will be the end of Al-Shabaab iA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is excellent news and now these savages will collapse without a proper leader. Its about time this ended.
Original post by Biryani007
Oh gosh I thought living there would be perfect! But I guess it's all about the way you raise your children too. At least over there everyone's surrounded by deen and Makkah and Madina are such beautiful places...

Yep inshaaA one day :biggrin:

Aww cool, how long have you lived there? Are you Somali?

It's honestly isn't that bad when you think about and I agree having Makkah and Madina nearby is a blessing in itself :smile:

I've lived here for 13 years and yah I'm Somali.
City University London

People change

ABDULL
ABDULL

CAN YOU RECOMMEND ME GOOD Economics websites to learn/revise from? And what exam board did you do? I am doing AQA :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsAddict
That is excellent news and now these savages will collapse without a proper leader. Its about time this ended.

My thoughts exactly, the country has been in turmoil for too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My thoughts exactly, the country has been in turmoil for too long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once Al-shabab is gone foreign intervention can **** off. Then there is the big disease of qabil politics to get through. This part is so confusing i dont think anyone knows it fully. You will need a PHD to understand qabil politics...
Original post by MathsAddict
Once Al-shabab is gone foreign intervention can **** off. Then there is the big disease of qabil politics to get through. This part is so confusing i dont think anyone knows it fully. You will need a PHD to understand qabil politics...

Lool or you can just be a Somali uncle or Dad XD

All jokes aside as long as our parents' generation is still around, I don't see the country moving forward. It's too embedded in their minds and they are too stubborn to see past it. Myself and I'm sure many other people from this generation I'm sure could care less, it doesn't matter which qabil you're from because when it comes down to it we are all Somali.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pbunny
It's honestly isn't that bad when you think about and I agree having Makkah and Madina nearby is a blessing in itself :smile:

I've lived here for 13 years and yah I'm Somali.

So lucky mashaaA!
Did you move there for a reason or?..
Original post by Hazard17
Epic! Really hope that all works out for you inshallah.

What is your opinion on SEO and Rare? Also say you were to be successful for both applications, surely you wouldn't be allowed to work with both since they have the same clients. From what i've read so far, competition between the two are quite intense and they both dont want you working with the other. :s-smilie:

Insha'Allah. Have you gone with anything this year?

I've filled in the rare application quite recently so I don't know what they're going to say. I'm not going declare to the other that I'm with one. This year I was with the Brokerage and SEO and nothing was said to me. They're both development programmes so I don't see why they would care much if external assistance was given.
Original post by missfats
ABDULL
ABDULL

CAN YOU RECOMMEND ME GOOD Economics websites to learn/revise from? And what exam board did you do? I am doing AQA :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AQA and the ones that were really useful to me were:

Tutor2u
Economics online
investopedia (for definitions)
PajHolden's Youtube Channel
Khomilla Chowdry's Youtube Channel
BBC News (keep up to date with current affairs and countries current profile inflation rate/unemployment/tax brackets/economic stance)
Also watching documentaries about big economic events (financial crisis/Japan deflation/BRIC economies/QE)
Watching documentaries on the key economic figures (Fredrick Hayek/Milton Friedman/John Maynard Keynes/William Phillip/Adam Smith etc..)

If you were to do outside reading, I'd recommend:

Freakonomics
Super Freakonomics
Capitalism & Freedom (Milton Friedman)
Undercover Economist
The Wealth of Nations (Adam Smith)

and some others which I can't think of the top of my head right now.

If you dedicate yourself there's no reason why you wouldn't get an A*, just be interested.
Heyy Alevel Psychology students give a good place to revise from:colone::h::u:
I did AQA and the ones that were really useful to me were:

Tutor2u
Economics online
investopedia (for definitions)
PajHolden's Youtube Channel
Khomilla Chowdry's Youtube Channel
BBC News (keep up to date with current affairs and countries current profile inflation rate/unemployment/tax brackets/economic stance)
Also watching documentaries about big economic events (financial crisis/Japan deflation/BRIC economies/QE)
Watching documentaries on the key economic figures (Fredrick Hayek/Milton Friedman/John Maynard Keynes/William Phillip/Adam Smith etc..)

If you were to do outside reading, I'd recommend:

Freakonomics
Super Freakonomics
Capitalism & Freedom (Milton Friedman)
Undercover Economist
The Wealth of Nations (Adam Smith)

and some others which I can't think of the top of my head right now.

If you dedicate yourself there's no reason why you wouldn't get an A*, just be interested.

Omg!!!!! Thank you soo much.
I thought I'd never see the day, you were educationally useful to me.

I'll be sure to annoy you with all my questions dw ! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenSI
Heyy Alevel Psychology students give a good place to revise from:colone::h::u:

What is your exam board? I am doing psychology too with AQA. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lool or you can just be a Somali uncle or Dad XD

All jokes aside as long as our parents' generation is still around, I don't see the country moving forward. It's too embedded in their minds and they are too stubborn to see past it. Myself and I'm sure many other people from this generation I'm sure could care less, it doesn't matter which qabil you're from because when it comes down to it we are all Somali.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, said i really couldn't care less about qabils. I see a huge economic market in Somalia everyone can benefit from. Literally no infrastructure.
Original post by missfats
Omg!!!!! Thank you soo much.
I thought I'd never see the day, you were educationally useful to me.

I'll be sure to annoy you with all my questions dw ! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries, I'm always lurking on the economics study help forum to lend a helping hand :biggrin:

Make sure you know how to answer the 25 markers properly for the highest marks, that's the question people lose out on. I made a thread a while back actually to help AS students. Keep it in a tab somewhere because tbh, this is priceless information. I managed to get 100 UMS on my unit 2.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2641741

Quick Reply

Latest