The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

He can add 70 days of working at the largest city with one club in England to his pub team CV. Di Canio would be fireworks, Rolando Maran is favourite to be next in the hotseat with Moyes as an outside shout at 100/1.
Leeds should've appointed an Italian manager in the first place...

(btw are Rotherham United fans allowed to sing "We **** who we want"?)
(edited 9 years ago)
Great win earlier to add to a great start. Pearce has had a near faultless start, long may it continue. Small matter of the East Midlands Derby next.
The Bees win away again! We are top of the Conference. Only loss was to the manager with the jelly beans for team tactics!
Going down to 10 men at 2-2 and still rallying to win 4-2 shows what Sannino has brought to the team. However, Oscar Garcia, linked with the managers job at Watford, was at Vicarage Road today. Surely the club can't sack the guy who has the club in seemingly good shape.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another 2 points dropped today through a lack of quality in front of goal. Still, Ricoh return next Friday with a sell out on the cards, so not too disappointed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Solid result for MK Dons - 2-0 home win despite conceding a penalty and going down to 10 men for last quarter or so of game at 1-0. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Decent 3 points against Bolton, who I expect to see struggle around the bottom end of the table all season. And no red cards this game. Nice.

Also turns out that Leeds have captured 20 year old Brazilian, and Manchester United target, Adryan on a season long loan deal with a view to a permanent deal from Flamengo. Adryan spent last season on loan at Cellino's old club, Cagliari FC.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Decent 3 points against Bolton, who I expect to see struggle around the bottom end of the table all season. And no red cards this game. Nice.

Also turns out that Leeds have captured 20 year old Brazilian, and Manchester United target, Adryan on a season long loan deal with a view to a permanent deal from Flamengo. Adryan spent last season on loan at Cellino's old club, Cagliari FC.

What is it that's going wrong at Bolton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watford boss Beppe Sannino just resigned, a real shame, seemed a great guy but sounds as if player power has forced him out. Names linked with are Oscar Garcia, Fillipo Galli and of course, Di Matteo. Not happy to see the man go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's going to be all sorts of discontent if Watford's new manager isn't up to scratch. Won't be impressed if it was our players that ousted him
Busy(ish) deadline day for Leeds, obviously the football league clubs get no where near the coverage that the prem does.

Matt Smith joins Fulham on a 3 year deal - Undisclosed.

Dominic Poleon signs for Oldham on a 3 year deal - Undisclosed.

Souleymane Doukara's loan deal has been made permanent on a 3 year deal - Undisclosed.

Brian Montenegro joins on a season long loan deal form Nacional Asuncion.

Del Fabro joined on a season long loan deal from Cagliari yesterday.

Disappointed to see Smith leave, he had a good head on his shoulders, and we're not exactly packing a powerful strike force. Doukara still out with ruptured ankle ligament damage & Poleon heading off to Oldham. A lot of loaned foreign players, I wonder how difficult it will be to get the squad all on the same page. Simon Grayson today ruled himself out of the vacant manager's position.
(edited 9 years ago)
Incredibly happy with the signing of Bruno Manga.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29005508
Johnstone's Paint Trophy returns tonight with us facing Wycombe for the first time in...a very long time I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oscar Garcia announced as new head coach, with Director of football Gianluca nani also departing. Slightly unimpressed...
Original post by Jαмes B
Incredibly happy with the signing of Bruno Manga.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29005508

Are you a Ligue 1 aficionado or do you just follow the Gabon international team?
Original post by Scott129
Are you a Ligue 1 aficionado or do you just follow the Gabon international team?

I'm a Cardiff City fan who is aware of good players on the continent. He's been in team of the week numerous times for FC Lorient. I'm happy that we've bought him. He's the strong commanding defender we need.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jαмes B
I'm a Cardiff City fan who is aware of good players on the continent. He's been in team of the week numerous times for FC Lorient. I'm happy that we've bought him. He's the strong commanding defender we need.

How much do you chaps owe to Tan now? It cleared £100m last season if I'm right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
How much do you chaps owe to Tan now? It cleared £100m last season if I'm right.

Not sure to be honest. I just focus on the football as I can't be bothered with club politics.
Original post by Jαмes B
Not sure to be honest. I just focus on the football as I can't be bothered with club politics.

Maybe the goings on at my club have made me all too paranoid about off field antics but I wouldn't totally ignore it. Although with the PL rewarding failure like never before I think you should be alright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest