The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dylantombides
And in terms of 1 cheaper strike who would you recommend? Naismith, Berahimo, Ulloa, Bojan, Weimann etc etc?

Naismith is in great form and has always been fantastic value imo. But he definitely has the most competition in Lukaku and Eto'o.

I swapped Bojan out because he was doing awfully.

I'd go for Ulloa - who has looked good - or Naismith.
And in terms of 1 cheaper strike who would you recommend? Naismith, Berahimo, Ulloa, Bojan, Weimann etc etc?

If you can afford Welbeck, get him. Think he'll be a very good signing for Arsenal.
Reply 1922
Think I'll wait to see how LVG plays Falcao tbh :tongue:

also what do you guys think of Niko Kranjcar?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
If you can afford Welbeck, get him. Think he'll be a very good signing for Arsenal.

Really? The guy can't shoot to save his life and doesn't score many. For a striker I don't think he poses much of a goal threat which is ultimately what you need for fantasy football (doesn't matter about his work rate etc)
Really? The guy can't shoot to save his life and doesn't score many. For a striker I don't think he poses much of a goal threat which is ultimately what you need for fantasy football (doesn't matter about his work rate etc)

He does need to work on his finishing but his record when he's actually played up top is pretty good, to be fair. Did a good job for us when RVP was out around xmas/new year last year, then dithering Moyes dropped him :rolleyes: I'm probably a tad biased but if Wenger can make him more clinical, he's an absolute bargain.

ulloa for me.

naismith would be the second choice but he may be overshadowed by lukaku/eto'o
ulloa is the main man for leicester and he's looked really good so far.

I've got Naismith at the moment, looks like Roberto is going to use Eto'o as an impact sub so he should be starting and at the moment he's scoring :tongue:

Berahino would be my second choice off that list and Ulloa is decent too - don't think Weimann will score enough and Bojan isn't getting enough points, I sold him after two weeks :tongue:

So much wrong here. Welbeck's hit rate (1:2.2) is excellent when playing as a CF, and ok when playing as a winger (1:7 I think)
What does everyone think the pecking order for penalties at United will be with say all three of Falcao, RVP and Rooney happening to be on the pitch? It was RVP ahead of Rooney last season wasn't it?

Just pondering Falcao as a choice really. He doesn't really assist at all and 15 of his 61 goals from the last three season's worth of league games were penalties...
Reply 1929
Going by statistics, Aguero is the best choice. Averaging a goal every 113 minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prandtl
What does everyone think the pecking order for penalties at United will be with say all three of Falcao, RVP and Rooney happening to be on the pitch? It was RVP ahead of Rooney last season wasn't it?

Yeh it was, but the two were rarely on the pitch together at the same time. I suspect it'll be:

Penalties - Falcao/RVP
Free kicks - Rooney
Corners - Mata
Reply 1931
Original post by sr90
Pick two from Costa/Aguero/Sturridge/Rooney/Falcao.

Aguero and Costa

Also buy Di maria/Mata.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Yeh it was, but the two were rarely on the pitch together at the same time. I suspect it'll be:

Penalties - Falcao/RVP
Free kicks - Rooney
Corners - Mata

Ergh. If this is how it works out that makes all three strikers somewhat unappealing :tongue:
Reply 1933
If Di Marias performance today is anything to go by then he's a must have :tongue:
Original post by Qari
If Di Marias performance today is anything to go by then he's a must have :tongue:

Yep might get him in for mata now or do I go Sterling instead :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Penalties - Falcao/RVP
Free kicks - Rooney
Corners - Mata

Mata will be lucky to be on the pitch, never mind taking set pieces
Original post by Alex Doran
Mata will be lucky to be on the pitch, never mind taking set pieces

It really depends on what Van Gaal does with our formation. 3-5-2? He's not getting in the team. 4-3-3? Diamond? 4-2-3-1? He'll probably start. In terms of FPL I would avoid him like the plague at the moment, his value is dropping too.

I want Di Maria but it's hard to justify dropping any of Rambo, Fab, Siggy & Sterling.
Reply 1937
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yep might get him in for mata now or do I go Sterling instead :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to wait till fter GW4. Once i know how the new transfers are being played I'm WCing
Bleh I think I'm going to have to wildcard early this year too.
Reply 1939

not sure what to do. If I get this team I don't know who to put on bench :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest