The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not.

In my brain it is... Hmm that's actually quite concerning :erm:

It's always the one who you least suspect.
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
In my brain it is... Hmm that's actually quite concerning :erm:

It's always the one who you least suspect.

I shall take it as a compliment
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I shall take it as a compliment

Hah, sorry I was a bit vague wasn't I?

... How the heck is it already 4pm? :erm: I think i've finally got to the point where life starts to feel incredibly quick. It's pretty scary that these holidays are nearly over and i'm going to be a 2nd yr nurse.
Hah, sorry I was a bit vague wasn't I?

... How the heck is it already 4pm? :erm: I think i've finally got to the point where life starts to feel incredibly quick. It's pretty scary that these holidays are nearly over and i'm going to be a 2nd yr nurse.

I know what you mean, I can't believe nearly a whole week has gone by since Dr Who was on :smile:
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
I know what you mean, I can't believe nearly a whole week has gone by since Dr Who was on :smile:

Hahaha, you know i'm judging the week by the same yardstick! :lol: Can't wait for the next one, I do love a bit of Phil Ford as a writer.

Once NFL starts again then the week really is going to feel fast, although I imagine the late nights watching the games and studying will add some longevity :coffee:
Hey guys,

I am going to do my rare invasion onto this thread.

Don't allow distraction, disillusion and discouragement to take you away from the Lord.
We need RENEWAL, REVIVAL and Spiritual RESURRECTION. God RECOVERS stolen property. RESTORATION to the kingdom.
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Hey guys,

I am going to do my rare invasion onto this thread.

Don't allow distraction, disillusion and discouragement to take you away from the Lord.
We need RENEWAL, REVIVAL and Spiritual RESURRECTION. God RECOVERS stolen property. RESTORATION to the kingdom.

Yes, amen to that.

God Works In All Things

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined
to become conformed to the image of His Son,
so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;…
Gosh, haven't been here for ages!

Original post by Grace by Yahweh
Yes, amen to that.

God Works In All Things

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined
to become conformed to the image of His Son,
so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;…

Predestination is shaky territory, you know.

Right. Time for a sporadic update: going to hear The Sixteen at Wells cathedral on Thursday. Bishop coming down for the parish patronal feast on Sunday. Been reading the works of Pseudo-Dionysius recently. Can't beat a bit of mystical theology.

And now, the compulsory quotation from St Porphyrios: "Love towards Christ is without limits, and the same is true of love towards our neighbour. It should radiate everywhere, to the ends of the earth, to every single person."

If only I were that loving!

Posted from TSR Mobile
OurSeaBee! :awesome: My heart was all of a flutter when I saw your name appear on the homepage.
OurSeaBee! :awesome: My heart was all of a flutter when I saw your name appear on the homepage.

You might want to get that checked out. Could be a dangerous condition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OurSeaBee
Predestination is shaky territory, you know.
But quoting the bible is never shaky territory :wink: (except when it's being used out of context, etc :tongue:)

And now, the compulsory quotation from St Porphyrios: "Love towards Christ is without limits, and the same is true of love towards our neighbour. It should radiate everywhere, to the ends of the earth, to every single person."

Great quote!
You might want to get that checked out. Could be a dangerous condition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Judging by the family history it probably is and all.

Maybe if you debated more I wouldn't have an infarction everytime you appear through excitement :yep:

Right. Time for a sporadic update: going to hear The Sixteen at Wells cathedral on Thursday.

Ooooh nice! I've never heard them but my father figure sings with them regularly. He's got an amAAAAAAzing voice :yep:

Can't beat a bit of mystical theology.

Indeed :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great quote. I need to live up to quotes like these because they're so true and I'm sooooo lazy and self-absorbed :colondollar:
I would be grateful of prayers for my sister. She has a long history of illness thanks to genes that passed on asthma, eczema, and severe allergies, as well as her having fluid on the brain as a baby, but recently she's been particularly ill. Currently there isn't any real diagnosis for her latest issue (apart from a working diagnosis of exhaustion/depression) but last night she had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance following heart and stomach symptoms. I'm obviously really worried about her and could use all the spiritual support I can get.
Original post by mscaffrey
I would be grateful of prayers for my sister. She has a long history of illness thanks to genes that passed on asthma, eczema, and severe allergies, as well as her having fluid on the brain as a baby, but recently she's been particularly ill. Currently there isn't any real diagnosis for her latest issue (apart from a working diagnosis of exhaustion/depression) but last night she had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance following heart and stomach symptoms. I'm obviously really worried about her and could use all the spiritual support I can get.

Oh gosh :frown: Will pray for her and all your family. Please keep us updated so I remember to keep praying tomorrow and onwards - got a memory like a sieve :colondollar:
Original post by mscaffrey

Will be praying hun :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3856
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oh gosh :frown: Will pray for her and all your family. Please keep us updated so I remember to keep praying tomorrow and onwards - got a memory like a sieve :colondollar:

My confirmation priesty instructor person said she uses a prayer diary, and has a little notepad where she writes what she's praying for that week/day/whatever - seems like a good idea to me, although I must admit I don't do it :colondollar: that's just because I'm not very good at remembering to pray at all in the first place :frown:

Will of course be praying about mscaffrey's sister - hope there's good news at the hospital :console:
Original post by Diety
My confirmation priesty instructor person said she uses a prayer diary, and has a little notepad where she writes what she's praying for that week/day/whatever - seems like a good idea to me, although I must admit I don't do it :colondollar: that's just because I'm not very good at remembering to pray at all in the first place :frown:

Will of course be praying about mscaffrey's sister - hope there's good news at the hospital :console:

This is my problem: I rarely remember to pray. If I could remember to pray more, I think my spiritual and mental health lives would be much better :sadnod: Plus I've always been **** at keeping diaries :colondollar:

GEG had (has?) a prayer board. I think I need to have something like that on my desk, so that it's in my face :tongue:
Trying to remember who to put on the prosphoron list is a nightmare.
Ah. You are all muggles. Do I need to explain that practice to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending