The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

I am a final year student at Aston university. Happy to answer any questions!

Scroll to see replies

Back again, haha.
Do Aston do interviews?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
How is parking around Aston university? Particularly if my girlfriend is wanting to come visit by car at the weekend, sort of Saturday to Monday morning?
Original post by truechristian91
How is parking around Aston university? Particularly if my girlfriend is wanting to come visit by car at the weekend, sort of Saturday to Monday morning?

The parking may be a little tricky considering we are a city centre university, we do have a limited number of on campus parking spaces though. I'm sure your girlfriend will find somewhere, worst comes to worst new street station is only a ten minute walk away.
Reply 23
Original post by Daisy93
I study International Business and Modern Languages and would be more than happy to answer any questions you guys may have!

is the gym free?
and my accomodation is 7 bed so is it a single bed or double?
Unfortunately the gym isn't free, you can find a price listing here, also as far as I'm aware all of the accommodation is filled with single beds.
Original post by Aston University
Unfortunately the gym isn't free, you can find a price listing here, also as far as I'm aware all of the accommodation is filled with single beds.

actually from what i was told, its 3/4 bed in the 5 bed flats, and singles in the 7 and 10 bed flats
Original post by truechristian91
actually from what i was told, its 3/4 bed in the 5 bed flats, and singles in the 7 and 10 bed flats

You may be ahead of me on that one, I never stayed in accommodation during my time studying here and most of my friends moved off campus. That would make more sense though.
Reply 27
Are they're jobs available on campus? Like when I went to another university's open day they had student helpers who got paid to help out on the ion day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J56
Are they're jobs available on campus? Like when I went to another university's open day they had student helpers who got paid to help out on the ion day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes jobs are available on campus in the form of temporary work also bars on campus such as Gosta Green are still looking for part time applicants.
Hello! I would like to ask if there is any card that offers to students the right to eat in the campus for free. For example, this is the case in Greece, the country of my origin and that's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance

Maria.
Hello! I would like to ask if there is any card in order students to eat in the campus for free. I ask because I am from Greece where this is the case. Have anyone has an idea about it?

Thanks in advance,

Maria.
Original post by maria1025
Hello! I would like to ask if there is any card in order students to eat in the campus for free. I ask because I am from Greece where this is the case. Have anyone has an idea about it?

Thanks in advance,

Maria.

We have no schemes which allow you to eat for free, you will have to pay for all your food.
Reply 32
are you a shia?
Reply 33
Would you suggest buying a fresher's wristband or is it not worth it as you go to other events not just the official ones by Aston?
Thanks
Original post by AndyJaM
Would you suggest buying a fresher's wristband or is it not worth it as you go to other events not just the official ones by Aston?
Thanks

There's no correct answer to this as it depends on how much into socializing and drinking you are, usually though you wont find other things to do on campus and in Birmingham until after freshers week, as you will build a group of friends to go alternative places with later, you might end up on Broad Street with your flatmates but that's probably all you'll get up to in terms of non-uni organised events, unless you're really adventurous.
Looking to apply for psychology at Aston and have CCDD at AS can I expect to get an offer if predicted B's?
Original post by AndyJaM
Thanks

Dont bother, its a scam to get freshers to spend money. Tickets wont run out and can be bought on the day.

Your aunties will try and get you to go to the union everyday but by day 3 most people will be going Broadstreet
Reply 37
Hi, just wondering does Aston university look down on A2 resit applicants, basically i didn't get the biology grade required to study Biological sciences for 2014 entry so im retaking my A2 biology modules and reapplying for next year (which i hope to get in) as i still love Aston and know its the right place for me. Also on average how many gap year students would you say Aston has in first year, or does it differ quite a lot from year to year?
Original post by paige09
Hi, just wondering does Aston university look down on A2 resit applicants, basically i didn't get the biology grade required to study Biological sciences for 2014 entry so im retaking my A2 biology modules and reapplying for next year (which i hope to get in) as i still love Aston and know its the right place for me. Also on average how many gap year students would you say Aston has in first year, or does it differ quite a lot from year to year?

As long as you hit the entry requirements you'll be fine, i retook my a levels before doing a course here and now i work for the university. Also i made friends of all ages when i came here from those about to retire to your typical 18 year olds. You wont feel out of place.
Reply 39
Does Aston have ariel sockets for TVs in the bedrooms or do I need to buy a indoor ariel? My friend that have started uni have sockets so just wondering?

Secondly are there lamps like desk ones? I usually have one when I'm going work late at night?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest