The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by O133
The other lessons not filled with actual lessons (if that makes sense?) have to be filled with either supervised study (with a teacher in their free lesson or in the back of one of their classes) or teacher support (helping a teacher with the lower years).

Woah your schools extra! We have 7 frees and in them you can't really study because in the 'study base' no one really studies they all talk, laugh and chill! And I can't concentrate in that kind of environment lol. So I'm glad that we're getting 7 hours of chill out time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

so you're interested in studying chemistry? :rolleyes: i was like 'another med applicant here' when i checked out your profile. lol
Went back today.

I have 10 frees a week, which is annoying because we aren't allowed to leave school and my school got rid of the common room.
Original post by beautyviews
Went back today.

I have 10 frees a week, which is annoying because we aren't allowed to leave school and my school got rid of the common room.

why did they get rid of the common room? that's the best bit about sixth form :rolleyes::colondollar:
Reply 1704
First day and I walked into the common room to sit down and year 12s were chilling on our chairs. Casually made them aware of the ground rules. :banana2:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
why did they get rid of the common room? that's the best bit about sixth form :rolleyes::colondollar:

I know! They suddenly started closing it except for break and lunch then they said that we need to be supervised at all times incase something happens to us. So they have changed it into another classroom which I think is ridiculous because every year students weren't being supervised in there so why now?
Original post by beautyviews
I know! They suddenly started closing it except for break and lunch then they said that we need to be supervised at all times incase something happens to us. So they have changed it into another classroom which I think is ridiculous because every year students weren't being supervised in there so why now?

That's bizarre :confused: Where do they expect you to go now?

Sounds to me like the school was short on space and I guess the common room's easiest way to add classroom space
Original post by NinjaPandaa
That's bizarre :confused: Where do they expect you to go now?

Sounds to me like the school was short on space and I guess the common room's easiest way to add classroom space

The dining room in our frees. At break and lunch everyone just stands around outside or sits in the workroom. Haha my school actually built another massive building for the sixthform but then decided to turn it into classrooms so I don't think that was the case.

We all think it's ridiculous.. I have never heard of a sixthform without a common room!
My college doesn't even have a common room, and we can leave whenever we don't have class :smile: (I know that's probably cause it's a college not a sixth form but round here only like 10 percent of schools have sixth forms so almost everyone goes to college)

Posted from TSR Mobile
arghhhhhhh school tomorrow
Original post by 29Bilal96
arghhhhhhh school tomorrow

yaaaay what subjects are you taking?
Original post by AhmedDavid
First day and I walked into the common room to sit down and year 12s were chilling on our chairs. Casually made them aware of the ground rules. :banana2:

I was lucky enough to be in (along with two other Y13s) before any Y12s got in this morning.
Original post by O133
I was lucky enough to be in (along with two other Y13s) before any Y12s got in this morning.

My bus gets in before an hour before class starts so I always get first pick of seats :biggrin:
Original post by Nangnang
My bus gets in before an hour before class starts so I always get first pick of seats :biggrin:

The good thing about having a mother who teaches at school is you get there earlier than everyone else.
Original post by O133
The good thing about having a mother who teaches at school is you get there earlier than everyone else.

I still make it to college before most of the teachers though XD
Original post by Georgiecat
*sends many hugs* If you need help, you can PM me!

Original post by 8472
:hugs:
I'm here if you want/need anything.

Thank you both, it means a lot :-)
I'm just really stressed already, it doesn't help that I've had so many rehearsals for a concert lately and the MD is being a bit of a d***.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k_slatch
I have 4 this year! Damn you seven lessons of further maths you :frown:

You must have quite a different structured timetable, 18 frees, 18 Further Maths, 9 Physics for me :tongue: (this is over 2 weeks though, probably why!)
Original post by k_slatch
yaaaay what subjects are you taking?

Maths, FM, Economics and History :P wbu?
Original post by Tibbz2
You must have quite a different structured timetable, 18 frees, 18 Further Maths, 9 Physics for me :tongue: (this is over 2 weeks though, probably why!)

Each week I have 6 chem, 6 physics, 6 maths and 7 fm :biggrin:
How many free do you guys have a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest