The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
nope! no sad films duckie, nada, nay, no way ho-se! :tongue:

Spoiler

(watch people falling over...honestly, i know it's mean, but it's hilarious) i watched divergent for the first time the other day and omg I'm OBSESSED! :redface: you know where i am if you need me :jumphug:

Spoiler

Haha :colondollar: Really? I sort of enjoyed it, though partly just amused at the complete badness :colondollar: (IMO :redface:) Sorry :tongue:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Am home alone thank God, so am safe for this evening at least :colondollar: More people arrive tomorrow and they all leave by Tuesday evening at the latest. Yeah, she's all stressed out by hosting her brother and his son :sadnod:

Good :h: :smile: Ah okay - all soon over then :redface: (well, like 5 days!)

Hope she gives herself some rest too, then

:hugs:

Original post by furryface12
True, I guess they have to get rid of someone though :s-smilie:

Ahh, not so good then :frown: My mood definitely goes up and down a lot and sometimes very quickly (like ten minutes of each kind of quickly :eek:) but I haven't really noticed a pattern with the time of day? I think it can with some people though :yep:

I'm alright, mentally I've been a lot better the last couple of weeks, physically a lot less good but hey, can't have everything! Need to go back to the doctors (I know I've been sayign this for ages now!) but still avoiding it :colondollar:

I have a feeling it was me not replying to you actually, sorry! :redface:

Yeah - I had a feeling he'd go, and tbh I don't think I'd have been happy with many of the others going either!

Ah :redface: I often find I'll suddenly notice my mood's changed/never quite remember the transition. It's a vague parabola peaking after lunchtime or something :colondollar: With wobbles :tongue:

Glad you're doing better mentally! :smile: :woo: Sorry physical-ness not so good though :frown: Hehe :colondollar: You can do it :hugs:

I think it could very much be either :colondollar: I know I have a few people to reply to still from last week (including laura I think :ninja: :hide:)

------------------------------
They mentioned the smiths in this movie - would anyone recommend an album by them? Never properly listened to them, but liked the sound of "Asleep" (well, it was playing in the film anyways :colondollar:)
Original post by ScaryScience
can we tlk on facebook please. really ill and not sure whats going on

Sure I'm online, just hiding :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by SweetNothing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by purple-duck

Spoiler

Haha :colondollar: Really? I sort of enjoyed it, though partly just amused at the complete badness :colondollar: (IMO :redface:) Sorry :tongue:

oh its because i wrote something different first and forgot to delete it when i changed it :redface: :lol: oooooh how rebellious of you :wink:
hahaha i reaaaally liked it, and the two main characters are soooooooo hawt...shailene woodley *drools* i had to pause half way through because the sexual chemistry was giving me palpitations :lol: :lol: don't even ask :colondollar:
I'm okay thanks, getting a bit more excited for uni now I've seen the freshers events (dressing up as a minion one night...where do i buy face paint?) :tongue: just gotta wait three weeks to move in now! I'm really tired tonight though so i think I'm gonna go to sleep soon to stop the inevitable bad/sad mood :redface: i also bought this GORGEOUS coat today, sooooooo nice! Sorry that this was such a ramble of rubbish :lol:
how are you m'dear?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, he wasn't as good a baker though :tongue: I liked the guy last week though :frown: I have to admit Diana annoyed me a bit...

Spoiler

I don't want to give it up, but I'm kind of bored with my unit and I don't like starting new things (especially not just for a year) and I don't know what to do :s-smilie: I need a leader to do it with though, don't I? And mine won't I don't think. I'm 18 anyway, so should be alright with that bit- I was going to start it last year when we had a different leader for a bit but then we went back to normal again so I couldn't :redface:

You just need a mentor, that doesnt need to be the unit leader, it can be ANY qualified leader, so if you get on with any leaders in your district, division or anything you can chose them. I think most people use the unit leader for ease, but i know my mum was a mentor for some other leaders in the district...
And why would she stop you from doing it? I really do think you should try :smile: its deffo worth it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by superwolf
Silly parents! :naughty: Do you have plans for moving out, or you wanting to finish uni first?

:colone:

Planning on moving out as soon as I have a stable job :smile:

////////

Blood tests back, everything in normal range. Had a separate one today for testosterone levels, should get that back on Friday. If that shows nothing it's back to square one on diagnosis over why I'm so exhausted all the time :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling slightly better now :smile: spent some time with my flatmate once her friends were gone which was nice :smile: my stomach seems to have settled - no longer feel as nauseous which is nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2490
I hate putting myself out there to be kind and helpful and being ignored for it :angry: Makes me feel so vulnerable, needy, and paranoid when I really have no reason to do so.
Original post by purple-duck
Yeah - I had a feeling he'd go, and tbh I don't think I'd have been happy with many of the others going either!

Ah :redface: I often find I'll suddenly notice my mood's changed/never quite remember the transition. It's a vague parabola peaking after lunchtime or something :colondollar: With wobbles :tongue:

Glad you're doing better mentally! :smile: :woo: Sorry physical-ness not so good though :frown: Hehe :colondollar: You can do it :hugs:

I think it could very much be either :colondollar: I know I have a few people to reply to still from last week (including laura I think :ninja: :hide:)

------------------------------
They mentioned the smiths in this movie - would anyone recommend an album by them? Never properly listened to them, but liked the sound of "Asleep" (well, it was playing in the film anyways :colondollar:)

True!

Thinking about it, more physical than mental but I tend to be better in the morning then at my worst just after lunch, get a bit better early evening then worse later on if that makes sense? But not always the last bit, sometimes go really hyper instead, so in a way kind of the reverse of yours :redface: Anyway, that's just a bit of a besides-the-point ramble- I do know what you mean though (some very big wobbles included sometimes :tongue:) :hugs:

Could be either, then! Sorry if it was me :colondollar:

Not heard of them, sorry :frown: May have an investigate later though if I can't sleep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
You just need a mentor, that doesnt need to be the unit leader, it can be ANY qualified leader, so if you get on with any leaders in your district, division or anything you can chose them. I think most people use the unit leader for ease, but i know my mum was a mentor for some other leaders in the district...
And why would she stop you from doing it? I really do think you should try :smile: its deffo worth it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh ok, so could maybe use the other leader still without having to change units :smile: She wouldn't stop me doing it, she just wouldn't mentor me or anything I don't think- I could ask though. It'd be nice to get it done before uni if I can so I can maybe join a brownie pack there (wherever 'there' is :lol:) or something. Thank you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Feeling slightly better now :smile: spent some time with my flatmate once her friends were gone which was nice :smile: my stomach seems to have settled - no longer feel as nauseous which is nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohh ok, so could maybe use the other leader still without having to change units :smile: She wouldn't stop me doing it, she just wouldn't mentor me or anything I don't think- I could ask though. It'd be nice to get it done before uni if I can so I can maybe join a brownie pack there (wherever 'there' is :lol:) or something. Thank you! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, im pretty sure, as long as its a qualified leader that is happy to be your mentor then you can do it with them, all they do is sign off what you have done when you have evidence youv done it.
it can even be a family member if you have one in guiding.
my mum was my mentor because she was the only qualified leader in my unit, and that was fine.

also your mentor doesnt have to sign EVERYTHING off, i have other peoples signitures in my book, like other leaders, division comisioners and such.
ask if you can with the unit leader, if not ask your old leader :smile:
Original post by samba
I hate putting myself out there to be kind and helpful and being ignored for it :angry: Makes me feel so vulnerable, needy, and paranoid when I really have no reason to do so.

:console:

Some people are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't think how they affect other people. I would try to not let that put you off being kind and helpful - there are a lot of people who do appreciate it.

Spoiler

Reply 2497
Uni seems to have fallen through :colonhash: :sad:

Was looking forwards to it too...
Reply 2498
Original post by Sabertooth
:console:

Some people are so wrapped up in themselves that they don't think how they affect other people. I would try to not let that put you off being kind and helpful - there are a lot of people who do appreciate it.

Yea its not their fault. Just my feels and all that. I'm not a naturally helpful person, so its like effort for me :tongue:
Original post by samba
Uni seems to have fallen through :colonhash: :sad:

Was looking forwards to it too...

Oh no :frown: what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest