This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by Odd socks
Oh no :frown: what happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically I was doing an apartment swap with a lecturer there whos spending time up in Manchester. But she isn't going any more it seems so I'd have nowhere secure to stay in Cambridge. I couldn't live in halls/shared; that'd totally destroy me and just wouldn't cope so it looks like its off.got an email back from the head of studies who basically agrees.

Gonna contact the Manchester area unis tomorrow, but I don't hold out too much hope as its really late and I have literally no qualifications :/
Original post by purple-duck

Hope the induction thing-y went well :smile: Which did you do? Walk or bus? :biggrin: I agree - trains are much better :yep: (Plus music for whichever way you travel! :awesome:)

Glad that money stuff is looking better + sounds good about training/NVQ stuff!

Ended up walking, much happier with doing that instead, and it doesn't cost a penny :tongue:

I was gonna post about it the other day but stress and busy and blargrlgl.

Had to fill out a lot of forms at the induction thing, and one of the things involved any medical conditions. I ticked mental health problems but didn't specify what, so when asked i told the teacher about my anxiety and depression. Turns out she also suffers from real bad anxiety problems!

We ended up having a chat about the problems we've had how we dealt with them, and she was saying if i wanted to have a signal in classes to show i was having a panic attack. It was really nice to see someone else who could relate so well.

We also chatted about how people won't have a clue that you have anxiety issues from just looking at you, or even if they know you, since we try to get on with things and hide it.

Start my 6week training course next week, even visiting nursing homes and all sorts, nervous but excited :3
Anyone awake?
Reply 2503
Original post by SweetNothing
Anyone awake?

Yep. Watching tennis.

Sup?
Anyone awake?

just about, you okay?

Original post by samba
Yep. Watching tennis.

Sup?

same :biggrin: great match so far, just annoyed Murray has fallen behind!
Reply 2505
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard

same :biggrin: great match so far, just annoyed Murray has fallen behind!

Awesome first set, total crap since the tie break.
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
just about, you okay?

Original post by samba
Yep. Watching tennis.

Sup?

Hey you two! I didn't realise the tennis was on is it the US open or something? I'm fine just wide awake somehow
Reply 2507
Hey you two! I didn't realise the tennis was on is it the US open or something? I'm fine just wide awake somehow

Yep, US open :biggrin:
Original post by samba

Awesome! :biggrin: who's Murray playing?
Reply 2509
Awesome! :biggrin: who's Murray playing?

Novak, or I wouldn't be watching :biggrin: pm inc
Original post by samba
Novak, or I wouldn't be watching :biggrin: pm inc

I like Novak! Thank you for the pm :biggrin:
Original post by samba
Awesome first set, total crap since the tie break.

yeah, though he's broken back now so should make things more interesting again!

hey :smile: yeah it is, I couldn't sleep earlier so figured I may as well watch it! maybe do something that makes you feel sleepy?
Original post by samba

I thought i was the only one still awake :ninja: Sorry to hear about the uni thing btw bud :console: Have you considered Open University? The one where u can do it online, if im thinking of the right thing. Especially since it sounds like one of the biggest worries sounds like the "forced" social interaction with people.

I love playing tennis, not one for watching it though :tongue: Don't really watch much of anything nowadays.
Reply 2513
Original post by Meaty_man
I thought i was the only one still awake :ninja: Sorry to hear about the uni thing btw bud :console: Have you considered Open University? The one where u can do it online, if im thinking of the right thing. Especially since it sounds like one of the biggest worries sounds like the "forced" social interaction with people.

I love playing tennis, not one for watching it though :tongue: Don't really watch much of anything nowadays.

Haha, nope latenight crew here!

It's alright, I think I can sort it out. Feeling a little more optimistic than earlier. I should be fine with social interaction but at the end of the day I need MY space, which is safe and secure from banging and screaming etc [ptsd type stuff] :smile: Plus what if I want a girl over for dinner, or to walk around my flat naked in the summer. Can't do all that in halls!
Original post by Meaty_man
I thought i was the only one still awake :ninja:

Well I had to get up for work. Just hurrying around. New job starts today. Haven't gotten up to go anywhere for a couple months.
Original post by samba

It's alright, I think I can sort it out. Feeling a little more optimistic than earlier. I should be fine with social interaction but at the end of the day I need MY space, which is safe and secure from banging and screaming etc [ptsd type stuff] :smile: Plus what if I want a girl over for dinner, or to walk around my flat naked in the summer. Can't do all that in halls!

What's happened? :hugs:
Did you not get in? :frown:
Reply 2515
Original post by keromedic
Well I had to get up for work. Just hurrying around. New job starts today. Haven't gotten up to go anywhere for a couple months.

Read up, few pages ago lol :p:
Original post by samba

:angry:

Okay.
Original post by samba

Oh wow, I see.

Are the apartments there too expensive to lease one for a year? Couldn't you go to a few flatshare viewings and see what it's like?

Not all of them are going to be party throwing, messy students. Some will be 20 y.o. young professionals who're tidy and organized.
Original post by samba
Haha, nope latenight crew here!

I can totally understand the whole needing space thing, even if i don't have ptsd stuffs :tongue: I get really edgy when i don't have enough alone time, too much social stuff exhausts me, and if it doesn't stop i end up getting panic attacks sooner or later.

Like kero says, there are people that respect your space who also want to learn :tongue: Not everyone is a loud, outgoing party animal, even if it seems so sometimes :smile:

Original post by keromedic

Good luck with the new job, hope your work colleagues are nice and friendly :tongue: If all goes well i might join the ranks of the employed soon :0
Original post by PandaWho
yeah, im pretty sure, as long as its a qualified leader that is happy to be your mentor then you can do it with them, all they do is sign off what you have done when you have evidence youv done it.
it can even be a family member if you have one in guiding.
my mum was my mentor because she was the only qualified leader in my unit, and that was fine.

also your mentor doesnt have to sign EVERYTHING off, i have other peoples signitures in my book, like other leaders, division comisioners and such.
ask if you can with the unit leader, if not ask your old leader :smile:

That's good, thanks! Not got a family member in guiding but I'll ask my leader or if not then I'll ask the other leader or the brownie one as I'm sure they'd do it! Come to think of it I signed/wrote a bit in my friend's book last year although it might have been queen's guide or something instead as she was doing several things at once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest