The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Martie08
Proper stuff, it was basically just a continuation of last year! And I like my teachers as they're all the same as last year. It was nothing particularly difficult, but to be honest it rarely is. We were off the first two periods sorting out planners, timetables, locker keys and photos though.

I start tomorrow, and I don't feel ready to be thrown back into work again, I'm feeling lazy from the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 861
Original post by Canttellyou
I start tomorrow, and I don't feel ready to be thrown back into work again, I'm feeling lazy from the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is me right now ugh, got my timetable today! Tomorrow's lessons aren't too bad for me, but I have PE which sucks, not sure whether to bring my kit or not since it'll probably be theory on the first day but I'll get *******ed if it's practical.

Although the one thing I'm pleased to be back at school for is that I always have more money in term time. If I'm only out a couple of times a week then my parents are more prepared to give me money! :biggrin: I need new makeup and new pokemon game comes out in November so money is good. :')

Apart from that and seeing friends though, I'm kind of dreading it. :c I know it won't be that bad but I'd still rather be off school haha. Waking up at 6AM is horrific.
Had a pretty terrible first day today. Looking forward to the rest of the year...
had a pretty awesome first day , started additional maths which looks pretty fun but i need some help , I really want an A/A* in french. So far my writing is at A* but for my speaking i keep getting a high B. I do everything he says and make no mistakes whilst making sure my pronunciation is on point , also i know my contents are good because i use phrases that would normally come up in A-level. So what do I do ? keep wasting my time retaking ?
How was everyone's first days? I have mine tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by Strom
How was everyone's first days? I have mine tomorrow :biggrin:

Pretty bad...annoyed with a friend and had a huge headache. Lessons were alright though, got some homework and the Spanish speaking task! Better get to work. Feels weird being a year 11 haha
Original post by Peachy23
Pretty bad...annoyed with a friend and had a huge headache. Lessons were alright though, got some homework and the Spanish speaking task! Better get to work. Feels weird being a year 11 haha

Thanks for sharing, I bet it does :cool: Good luck to you!
Original post by evekip
This is me right now ugh, got my timetable today! Tomorrow's lessons aren't too bad for me, but I have PE which sucks, not sure whether to bring my kit or not since it'll probably be theory on the first day but I'll get *******ed if it's practical.

Although the one thing I'm pleased to be back at school for is that I always have more money in term time. If I'm only out a couple of times a week then my parents are more prepared to give me money! :biggrin: I need new makeup and new pokemon game comes out in November so money is good. :')

Apart from that and seeing friends though, I'm kind of dreading it. :c I know it won't be that bad but I'd still rather be off school haha. Waking up at 6AM is horrific.

I hate waking up early, I'm so used to waking up at 11/12 ish that I don't know how I will cope tomorrow :s-smilie:.
And I seem to always have money in the holidays than in school time, although if I ask my parents usually give it to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 868
Have my first day today. The fact that I start at 11:00 am and our school has new uniform and that we have new buildings should lighten the mood. Still want to sleep though :,(
2nd day of school today. Back to normal work mode.
It's my first day as well :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 871
Original post by Imank01
Have my first day today. The fact that I start at 11:00 am and our school has new uniform and that we have new buildings should lighten the mood. Still want to sleep though :,(

Original post by tryrevise
It's my first day as well :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

How were your days? :h:
First day back didn't go that well.. :frown:
Reply 873
Original post by Midnightmemories

:hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories

Mine either, I've got loads of new teachers, there was a theft in my form and we all got kept back after school, and there's this new subject called study skills, which is so useless and boring. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
All of this is making me dread school tomorrow....

I haven't gone back yet because of work experience and haven't really talked to anyone about the changes..ugh
They've moved me into a Maths set which will basically cause all my progress to go...

WELL DONE.. :/
Original post by 8472
How were your days? :h:

Not too bad... I got my geography coursework back from last year and it was the highest in my set which I was pleased with, but I think I was one mark off an A* which is pretty annoying :/ I'm already getting so much work though so I kind of wish it was still the holidays :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 878
Original post by tryrevise
Not too bad... I got my geography coursework back from last year and it was the highest in my set which I was pleased with, but I think I was one mark off an A* which is pretty annoying :/ I'm already getting so much work though so I kind of wish it was still the holidays :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

That must be quite annoying. :sadnod: In the end when you get your results it'll be worth it though. :wink:
Original post by Canttellyou
Mine either, I've got loads of new teachers, there was a theft in my form and we all got kept back after school, and there's this new subject called study skills, which is so useless and boring. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lots of people in my year (everyone that doesn't do music GCSE) have a new lesson called "Mindfulness". No one has any idea what it's meant to be :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest