The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
I hate putting myself out there to be kind and helpful and being ignored for it :angry: Makes me feel so vulnerable, needy, and paranoid when I really have no reason to do so.

:hugs: hope you're ok. If you need someone to talk to then I'm still here regardless.
Thank you very much! :h: Just waiting to finally have the scan now ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been using the app and it doesn't notify you when you get quotes, sorry :colondollar: I'm okay, much better, just enjoying what's left of my summer :biggrin: How bout you? How's everything going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I see :redface: I'm glad to hear you're on an up rn, hope it lasts long :biggrin:

What is slack lining? :curious:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I've decided to be more open, and I've told a few friends and even my mum about my bouts of depression.
Original post by Meaty_man

Good luck with the new job, hope your work colleagues are nice and friendly :tongue: If all goes well i might join the ranks of the employed soon :0

Well I'm shadowing. So observing mainly. I won't really have any colleagues as I'll be going out on calls. I'll work with people if I have 2-man/woman jobs but they aren't too common.

It's just long. But rewarding, I suppose. I haven't really had the chance to really think.
Very nice :smile:. GOod luck!
Will do once I'm back home :tongue:

That sounds difficult...you are quite the dare devil :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:bawling:
Original post by ScaryScience
:bawling:

:hugs: what's wrong hun?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

YAY!!!!!! :biggrin:

(I'm not obsessed with cake. I swear :ninja: )

Haha, you're in good company: I'm also obsessed with cake. Except fruit cake, which is just :unimpressed:

Hope you've had a good day! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Haha, you're in good company: I'm also obsessed with cake. Except fruit cake, which is just :unimpressed:

Hope you've had a good day! :smile:

But fruit cake is so good! :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been home an hour and already broke my mums knitting. Whooopsie :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
But fruit cake is so good! :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:noway: Chocolate cake or Victoria sponge ftw!! :smile:
Date went really well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay :smile: hope it continues.

------------
I just want to be happy and have energy. I want a job I'm passionate about. I want to leave and travel. I want to be skinny! Waaahh
Okay so it looks like this holiday is going to be a plot of sunbathing/hiding in the shade then spending the night drinking in awkward silence. Going to spend far too much time thinking and twiddling my thumbs. Not a good combination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Yay :smile: hope it continues.

------------
I just want to be happy and have energy. I want a job I'm passionate about. I want to leave and travel. I want to be skinny! Waaahh

I'd like to emphasise that you don't concentrate on weight but eating healthy and, as a bonus, getting fit. I don't think being skinny is something to aim for exactly. You want to have enough nutrition to basically not be unhealthy but not too much too. I think compared to most guys I don't weigh a lot, 10 stone 10, but I eat plenty so I don't think I'm malnourished and I exercise fairly regularly. Nothing super intense but still better than nothing.

Travelling is a good call. I put it off for years because I wanted to buy electronics basically. That's what it boils is down to. I wanted things that would last. Finally went backpacking for a couple of weeks in the Netherlands this year. Loved it. Probably the most comfortable I've been in a long time. I felt calm, at peace, happy and I learnt that I'm not overly interested in money. Sure, a few luxuries are nice but I don't think you need a big income to have these things. You find a job you enjoy even if it doesn't earn a lot it doesn't matter. You have enough and you're not stuck in a job that makes you miserable. I fully hope to spend some time working in a hostel at some point. The atmosphere can be fantastic. I love it. You get to meet so many people. Seems like quite a life. Sure, you have some responsibilities but from my observations it seemed like it might be like being on holiday constantly. And yeah, the cultural differences taught me what I don't like about my home life and what I want to change and get away from. And that's living permanently independently from my parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2538
I'm really not coping with things atm. No idea what to do. :|
Original post by Anonymous
:noway: Chocolate cake or Victoria sponge ftw!! :smile:

:smile: They are also good, but fruit cake is definitely also up there, and banana...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest