The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
yea absolutely no news reports of Balo doing anything
Original post by cBay
yea absolutely no news reports of Balo doing anything

expect bangin that playboy chick
50/50 challenge. But LFC won the game 1-0 with Lallana getting the goal.

To those asking about Balotelli in the Liverpool v #Wolves game, I'm told the allegations that he stamped/headbutted Saville are untrue.
Told there was a 50-50 challenge, that's all. Saville and Rowe got 90 mins and Liverpool won 1-0 with a Lallana goal.
Also told that Liverpool are to put out a statement which will be endorsed by #Wolves.

https://twitter.com/TimNash_star/status/507899571314241537
https://twitter.com/TimNash_star/status/507899842857693184
https://twitter.com/TimNash_star/status/507900088224456706

Balo calls crisis meeting when mandem print fake rumours
Sturridge out for 2-3 weeks... not a difficult run of fixtures and at least we got options to replace him - Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, maybe also Markovic, Lallana etc.
This is why I hate international breaks...
Original post by mr tim
Sturridge out for 2-3 weeks... not a difficult run of fixtures and at least we got options to replace him - Balotelli, Lambert, Borini, maybe also Markovic, Lallana etc.

Original post by samir12
This is why I hate international breaks...

meh, this happens, it's to be expected in an injury prone player.

as tim said, at least our fictures aren't bad - i would just play our normal formation with balotelli up top
i wouldn't exactly say its a big downgrade if balo plays decent
Standard
Reply 1748
Reports ranging from 4 weeks to 4 months, which would of course be disastrous.
Sturridge's tweet doesn't exactly sound good. Some reports saying its a full rupture, but they are all just guessing I'd think.

Heartbroken soul right now believe me. Hopefully be back soon fighting fit for LFC. Nothing worse than being injured. My heads gone...

Probably glad you got Balo in too.
Original post by Lúcio
meh, this happens, it's to be expected in an injury prone player.

as tim said, at least our fictures aren't bad - i would just play our normal formation with balotelli up top
i wouldn't exactly say its a big downgrade if balo plays decent

It's pretty big
Hope it's not too serious.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-and-england-striker-daniel-sturridge-ruled-out-of-euro-2016-qualifier-with-switzerland-9715699.html

This is reporting 4 months out for Sturridge. Although some are saying it could be BS or that they got confused with Siem De Jong. They only say it in the caption don't really give anything else...

EDIT: Caption changed now. but here is what it said https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/507987434135904256/photo/1
(edited 9 years ago)
This is why most of us despise international breaks. Luckily you guys have Borini and Balo
Seems the London Standard made an error for the 4 months out thing. Likely to be out 2/3 weeks as other media are reporting.
Reply 1755
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
This is why most of us despise international breaks. Luckily you guys have Borini and Balo

I don't really get this, why do people think players are more likely to pick up injuries with their national team than their club? Seems like a myth to me, Sturridge is always picking up injuries.
Original post by cBay
I don't really get this, why do people think players are more likely to pick up injuries with their national team than their club? Seems like a myth to me, Sturridge is always picking up injuries.

It's part injury and part of the fact it's so early in the club season and we just had a WC just 2 months back. I don't mind Euro qualifiers but hate pointless friendlies against **** opposition.
Original post by cBay

Its an extra pointless game 2 months after a WC. Especially when this time could be used later on in the season to give players a break. And for how crap the majority of international football is it takes up a stupidly high amount of time.
Original post by manchesterunited15
It's pretty big

sturridge to balotelli?
i suppose it depends how the new guy settles in
he's already played english football before so it isn't like it'll be new to him

he's clearly a downgrade from sturridge but you can do a lot worse than balotelli as your replacement striker...

Original post by mr tim
Seems the London Standard made an error for the 4 months out thing. Likely to be out 2/3 weeks as other media are reporting.

a few weeks is bearable however i think it all hinges on how balotelli starts
i think a positive for us in general is that we have different players scoring all over tha place (none of our strikers scored in the 3-0 spurs win), so i don't think it would be comaprable to arsenal if we had no clinical strikers fit

Original post by CB91
Its an extra pointless game 2 months after a WC. Especially when this time could be used later on in the season to give players a break. And for how crap the majority of international football is it takes up a stupidly high amount of time.

yeah exactly, not like it was a big game

we can be annoyed, but we just gotta accept that if you have a quality player he's gonna be playing for his country and he might just get injured.
Original post by Lúcio
sturridge to balotelli?
i suppose it depends how the new guy settles in
he's already played english football before so it isn't like it'll be new to him

he's clearly a downgrade from sturridge but you can do a lot worse than balotelli as your replacement striker...

He's closer to Lambert than Sturridge

Quick Reply

Latest