The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

To the girls on this thread:

What do you feel about there being no gender equality in Islam?
Original post by Biryani007
It's obvious you're on about me because no one else has said anything 'controversial'...
I'm not racist.
I can't help who I find attractive.

Original post by Abdul-Karim
If I tell everyone who isn't it's going to get a bit obvious which I don't want it to be. I just like to observe and assess people's ongoing attitudes :rolleyes:

I'm sure martin luther king meant race rather then skin complexion lol. It's fine to find fairer skin guys more attractive (I do too) but I don't jump into conclusions about a person based on how they physically look anyway :tongue:

To the girls on this thread:

What do you feel about there being no gender equality in Islam?

It doesn't really affect me as muslim women have a lot of rights. If muslim women had very little or no rights, i'd be a little angry lol. But Alhamdulillah i'm happy with how islam is and wouldn't change it
Original post by Secretnerd123
It doesn't really affect me as muslim women have a lot of rights. If muslim women had very little or no rights, i'd be a little angry lol. But Alhamdulillah i'm happy with how islam is and wouldn't change it

Do you pray 5x a day, everyday?
Do you pray 5x a day, everyday?

Yes alhamdulillah :smile: admittedly its hard sometimes esp fajr but I try my hardest because at the end of the day Allah doesn't really need my prayers. They are there for my own gain on judgement day
Yes alhamdulillah :smile: admittedly its hard sometimes esp fajr but I try my hardest because at the end of the day Allah doesn't really need my prayers. They are there for my own gain on judgement day

Impressive :rolleyes:

Show off :tongue:
I'm sure martin luther king meant race rather then skin complexion lol. It's fine to find fairer skin guys more attractive (I do too) but I don't jump into conclusions about a person based on how they physically look anyway :tongue:

Agreed.
Girl that thread about eyebrows, do you want to do yours? I was just talking to my mum about doing mine today...idk if I should...I have crazy thick eyebrows :redface:
I respect reverts so so much. Most of us were lucky enough to go madrasah (or by parents) and be taught how to read the quran, read and write in arabic and to pray at a young age but learning everything from the basics must require so much dedication and motivation. Like waking up for fajr is hard for us but imgine someone who lived their entire (past) life as a kuffr who never even did a single sujood learning how how to pray and then praying 5 times a day. Subhanallah! May Allah reward then
I respect reverts so so much. Most of us were lucky enough to go madrasah (or by parents) and be taught how to read the quran, read and write in arabic and to pray at a young age but learning everything from the basics must require so much dedication and motivation. Like waking up for fajr is hard for us but imgine someone who lived their entire (past) life as a kuffr who never even did a single sujood learning how how to pray and then praying 5 times a day. Subhanallah! May Allah reward then

Ameen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed.
Girl that thread about eyebrows, do you want to do yours? I was just talking to my mum about doing mine today...idk if I should...I have crazy thick eyebrows :redface:

Isn't it haram to cut or trim eyebrows, unless they are like monobrow!!
Agreed.

Haha i'm still contemplating on whether to do them or not. I really, really want to do them because even though my eyebrows are naturally thin (thankfully) , they don't have much shape because of stray hairs. I want nice arched brows. But on the other hand, its haram :frown:

Dang, I blame girls on insta with their perfectly threaded brows for tempting me to do mine haha.

Impressive :rolleyes:

Show off :tongue:

Hahah its compulsory
Haha i'm still contemplating on whether to do them or not. I really, really want to do them because even though my eyebrows are naturally thin (thankfully) , they don't have much shape because of stray hairs. I want nice arched brows. But on the other hand, its haram :frown:

Dang, I blame girls on insta with their perfectly threaded brows for tempting me to do mine haha.

Hahah its compulsory

queen mary hijabi
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
queen mary hijabi

I hope queen mary hijabis have a good reputation or i'll be offended :tongue:

they do NOT. no par on u tho girl
Original post by Al-farhan
Isn't it haram to cut or trim eyebrows, unless they are like monobrow!!

Yep...that's why I haven't done them. But I look like a man :cry2:

I know!!! Those girls have amazing eyebrows! Don't do them, just make them more arched with pencil/powder. I would have loved to have thin eyebrows over thick but I guess the eyebrows we're born with suit us the most :redface:
I might get my brows coloured lighter because I'm wanting to dye my hair and it'll look really harsh...the Cara Delevingne look wont suit me :lol:
Eyebrows are everything. I can likke transform ya from precious to like Kim K. Like not even exaggerating, but yea it is harami like bacoon so I have not touched mine either (so far) so far alhamdullilah. But I blame that mostly on the fact that I juss don't like experimenting on mi face incase I **** up real badly.
I know I said this before but I juss wanna get mi lip piercedso freaking badlyyy. But I joss know mi dad is gonna shred me alive. So sad mannn. You guys seen this bull like piercing that is in, called septum piercing or something. What ya all thin of that?
Sadly, that concept is not universal.

I can name some people which the above statement applies to, even in this thread.

Looooool. Oh deary dear.
Original post by Chukkeigh
I know I said this before but I juss wanna get mi lip piercedso freaking badlyyy. But I joss know mi dad is gonna shred me alive. So sad mannn. You guys seen this bull like piercing that is in, called septum piercing or something. What ya all thin of that?

pls dnt d0 it iz not l0ok gud

Haha, QM hijabis have a good rep?

It's east london hijabis in general :lol:
pls dnt d0 it iz not l0ok gud

Haha, QM hijabis have a good rep?

It's east london hijabis in general :lol:

Lol I am a babyghel who will look fly in it. I even photoshopped it to mi lips juss to see of goodlooking or nah & itss goodlooking.
Original post by Makaveli_The_Don
they do NOT. no par on u tho girl

Oh noo. I'm gonna have to choose my friends wisely then lol

Yep...that's why I haven't done them. But I look like a man :cry2:

I know!!! Those girls have amazing eyebrows! Don't do them, just make them more arched with pencil/powder. I would have loved to have thin eyebrows over thick but I guess the eyebrows we're born with suit us the most :redface:

I already pencil them in but I want my brows to look good without makeup too. And plus filling them in would be so much easier if they were arched nicely because the stray hairs are more noticeable. You see my problem? :lol: *sigh* i wonder why shaping brows are haram anyway if nose piercings are halal (which is essentially drilling a hole into your nose which is permanent compared to threading where the eyebrows will grow back)

I might get my brows coloured lighter because I'm wanting to dye my hair and it'll look really harsh...the Cara Delevingne look wont suit me :lol:

Omg cara is so buff :coma:
Make sure you get them tinted professionally or they may come out blonde or even white looll

Is it just me or do other hijabis on here think about how they'd style their hair if they weren't a hijabi? Like i'd put so much effort into my hair if I was showing it to the world haha. I get lazy sometimes and my excuse is always 'whose gonna see it anyway' :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest